WRs Off-Season Workout With Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

WRs Off-Season Workout With Brady?

Dobson is still recovering from fracture, but has intention to work out with Brady in California during off-season prior to Phase I of OTA strength and conditioning training. The other WRs should too. They all need to work on route running and timing, so, hopefully they will volunteer some of their time to work with Brady.

http://patspub.patsfans.com/2014/03/04/dobson-shouldnt-be-lone-patriots-wr-working-with-brady-this-spring/#sthash.4P87zWFA.dpbs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: WRs Off-Season Workout With Brady?

Certainly be encouraging to see it happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Certainly be encouraging to see it happen.

Yes. All the receivers need work...whether we're talking about the rookies from last season or DA. I guess Edelman gets a pass since he hasn't been re-signed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Edelman can have a 1,000 yard season thanks to working out with Brady, imagine what Dobson could bring to the table?

And working out with Brady means that Brady will be working on his deep ball instead of working out with WRs that only work the short/medium routes! SO EXCITED! They're going to be a dynamic pairing if they can get insync, it also alleviates pressure from Gronk to have someone else out there fir Brady to trust.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

If Edelman can have a 1,000 yard season thanks to working out with Brady, imagine what Dobson could bring to the table?

And working out with Brady means that Brady will be working on his deep ball instead of working out with WRs that only work the short/medium routes! SO EXCITED! They're going to be a dynamic pairing if they can get insync, it also alleviates pressure from Gronk to have someone else out there fir Brady to trust.

Wasnt Danny out there working out too...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

where's Moss?          Foot in Mouth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

where's Moss?          Foot in Mouth

on the north side of the tree (if you live in the northern hemisphere).....lol Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Yep, and preseason game 2 showed off their chemistry. Then Amendola got hurt, cameback week 1 and got hurt again, and Brady formed a connection with Edelman that Amendola couldn't permeate.

It was pretty obvious early on that Brady loved Danny. He even told the rookies that he would throw the ball to Danny all game if they didn't do what he wanted, but somewhere along the lines they had a falling out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Yep, and preseason game 2 showed off their chemistry. Then Amendola got hurt, cameback week 1 and got hurt again, and Brady formed a connection with Edelman that Amendola couldn't permeate.

It was pretty obvious early on that Brady loved Danny. He even told the rookies that he would throw the ball to Danny all game if they didn't do what he wanted, but somewhere along the lines they had a falling out.

I've read tidbits about that rumor.  Anything to support that or is that just speculation only?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:

I've read tidbits about that rumor.  Anything to support that or is that just speculation only?

I heard the same thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No clue, I meant he fell out of Brady's radar.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

It might have to do with Amendola being in the wrong spot on his release. When the season ended Brady didn"t give a vote of confiedence to DA LIKE he did Edelman.  Something is going on what it is nobody knows. If Edelman is moving on he better get use to throwing to him. They have no other options except playing people on the practice squads for that role or draft which will take longer to develop. I would not keep holding my breath that will keep working, sooner or later it will backfire.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

49 Mark my words i heard the interview down here, something is not right. What i got from it was DA NEEDS TO GET HIS A.....S ON THE SAME PAGE WITH THE QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Im not sure what happened but playing catch and playing football are different. They very well could have had chemistry in practice, preseason,etc but when the lights come on, gameplans are put in,etc you have to perform and it seemed to me Tommy grew frustrated rather quickly (to the fans eye) with Danny for two guys who seemed ready to take off in the summer. Either he didnt like Dannys work ethic, ability to play through pain, the drops, not being in the right spot, ...Could be anything but my point is when Tom is done with you, You dont usually make it back...See Gabriel, Galloway,etc.

Only saving grace is we actually paid this guy but that doesnt mean Tom wont do his best to throw to everyone BUT danny if the other options are capable.  To me Brady was just frustrated that he wasnt Wes. My only quesiton is does he really NOT like Danny or was tirade to make a point to management but he was much more patient with the rooks than w/Danny rightfully so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I don't understand, they certainly looked like they were on the same page throughout the pre season and the first game against Buffalo.  It looked like it was going to be a match made in heaven until inevitably DA got hurt, then it all went down hill. 

I know Brady was getting frustrated with the rookies early on and that with DA's injury, Gronk being out may have only exsasperated that frustration.

DA did work out with Brady in the off-season.  He doesn't strike me as dumb.  He seems like a hard worker and obviously willing to play hurt.  

I know people don't want to hear this but sometimes I can't help but think the problem is Brady himself.  Or least, partly.  All that talk about earning his trust or he isn't going to throw to you is getting kind of old.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I don't understand, they certainly looked like they were on the same page throughout the pre season and the first game against Buffalo.  It looked like it was going to be a match made in heaven until inevitably DA got hurt, then it all went down hill. 

I know Brady was getting frustrated with the rookies early on and that with DA's injury, Gronk being out may have only exsasperated that frustration.

DA did work out with Brady in the off-season.  He doesn't strike me as dumb.  He seems like a hard worker and obviously willing to play hurt.  

I know people don't want to hear this but sometimes I can't help but think the problem is Brady himself.  Or least, partly.  All that talk about earning his trust or he isn't going to throw to you is getting kind of old.  

alot of it I think is just words and rumor...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

And so aint Brady...lol

Thats the only reason I give him the benefit of the doubt. He KNOWS that he doesnt have Calvin Johnson. He has guys who can barely get open. So they need to be in the exact spot they are supposed to because Brady IS accurate. He had a rough stretch with some off throws but once it came back, he showed his trademark accuracy.

I think Brady Sees his window closing and just went through a frustrating year. Lets think about it. how many years did Peyton have like Brady just had?  Take away 3 great years w/Moss and Wes and Brady has had to endure years w/Reche Caldwell as his # 1. Trying to get on page w/Joey Galloway. We made him deal with the eddiot Ocho just 2 years ago. We gave him Brandon TATE to Start OUTSIDE for a year! That guy is the 4th or 5th WR in Cincy. We gave him Doug Gabriel. One year he had Dedric Ward and JJ Stokes for christs sake. All these years of having to MAKE players better instead of getting great players has taken its toll IMO, esp. when you factor in the time it takes to break in THREEE ROOKIES! I cant really agree Salcon because behind the scenes, Brady was meeting with the Rooks once a week on OFF days to study film with them so he WAS dedicated but Danny?  Something is up there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

So, If you were TB, would you throw to a guy you didn't trust to catch the ball?

Qb trust, with any QB/receiver combo is EARNED.

Sorry, but I've never seen TB exclude a receiver who was worth a damn.

All or most of those guys are out of the NFL for a reason and none of them ever left to start anywhere else.

Honestly, I think DA's concussion did him in, more than the groin. 

After suffering one myself, I can tell you that it can create problems for awhile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

And so aint Brady...lol

Thats the only reason I give him the benefit of the doubt. He KNOWS that he doesnt have Calvin Johnson. He has guys who can barely get open. So they need to be in the exact spot they are supposed to because Brady IS arrurate. He had a rough stretch with some off throws but once it came back, he showed his trademark accuracy.

I think Brady Sees his window closing and just went through a frustrating year. Lets think about it. how many years did Peyton have like Brady just had?  Take away 3 great years w/Moss and Wes and Brady has had to endure years w/Reche Caldwell as his # 1. Trying to get on page w/Joey Galloway. We made him deal with the eddiot Ocho just 2 years ago. We gave him Brandon TATE to Start OUTSIDE for a year! That guy is the 4th or 5th WR in Cincy. We gave him Doug Gabriel. One year he had Dedric Ward and JJ Stokes for christs sake. All these years of having to MAKE players better instead of getting great players has taken its toll IMO, esp. when you factor in the time it takes to break in THREEE ROOKIES! I cant really agree Salcon because behind the scenes, Brady was meeting with the Rooks once a week on OFF days to study film with them so he WAS dedicated but Danny?  Something is up there.

Could be OG.  I was just wondering out loud.  But I'm afraid to pull the trigger on yet another receiver like say Decker.  Hate to spend the money it would take and it turns out he can't pick up the offense. 

I'd rather see Brady just continue to work with what he has including Amendola and go from there.  Is there a true deep threat out there that can be had at a fairly reasonable price that would be worth taking a chance on?  

Wouldn't most of us rather see the money go to the defense?

I just don't see any names out there that excite me either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

And so aint Brady...lol

Thats the only reason I give him the benefit of the doubt. He KNOWS that he doesnt have Calvin Johnson. He has guys who can barely get open. So they need to be in the exact spot they are supposed to because Brady IS arrurate. He had a rough stretch with some off throws but once it came back, he showed his trademark accuracy.

Could be OG.  I was just wondering out loud.  But I'm afraid to pull the trigger on yet another receiver like say Decker.  Hate to spend the money it would take and it turns out he can't pick up the offense. 

I'd rather see Brady just continue to work with what he has including Amendola and go from there.  Is there a true deep threat out there that can be had at a fairly reasonable price that would be worth taking a chance on?  

Wouldn't most of us rather see the money go to the defense?

I just don't see any names out there that excite me either.

deep threats now are moot. Brady doesnt throw deep accurately enough. We need a guy who scares offenses. Dobson and/or Boyce can be the guy but just like Moss in 2010, they could act as decoys, running deep routes to clear underneath. We usually like to take shots once we past the 40 and I trust Brady to TDs from 30 yards out. I just dont think we need a deep threat specialist cuz thats not our game and redzone threat is more of whats needed IMO. Have Dobson get better at fighting for balls so Brady trusts em on jump balls. Just need 2, but when Gronk went out we had all offensive skill players under 6 ft. hard to win in the redzone like that.

I think Bradys frustrations has slowed him and dannys development sure, just cant say I blame him given what he has endured over the years. Time is running out. IF Fans are frustrated , imagine the guy actually losing...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

okay. Never mind. My bad. Could it be his route running changed after getting his bell rung? Lack of separation thereafter?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

okay. Never mind. My bad. Could it be his route running changed after getting his bell rung? Lack of separation thereafter?

Yes and No.  So are you saying he had concussion issues aginst Miami when he and edelman had over 120 yards recieving in the december game @miami..  Or the AFCCG IN WHICH HE HAD 0 CATCHES ON JUST ONE TIME TARGETED.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Yes and No.  So are you saying he had concussion issues aginst Miami when he and edelman had over 120 yards recieving in the december game @miami..  Or the AFCCG IN WHICH HE HAD 0 CATCHES ON JUST ONE TIME TARGETED.

No those were games when he got wide open off playaction. Its him lining up outside and beating his man straight up that became an issue after the injury. I cant speak to his pain but I can speak to how he looked before and after. I will give him the benefit of the doubt but its hard to mend those relationships once they go south. Once Tommy sees Edleman leave, Im sure he will have to change his mind

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

+1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

49 Mark my words i heard the interview down here, something is not right. What i got from it was DA NEEDS TO GET HIS A.....S ON THE SAME PAGE WITH THE QB.

not to stir the ol' hornets nest but did some guy named Welker ever have a problem getting on the same page with the QB? In 6 years?

Sections
Shortcuts