WTH... Maroney hurt AGAIN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

You have seriously got to be kidding me!

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/09/08/wide-receiver-randy-moss-missing-from-practice-as-pats-prepare-for-bengals/

This article says that Maroney has a hurt Groin and was held out of practice...

I also read the other day somewhere that Maroney has been "Battling Injuries" and that is why he has not played much in pre-season...

WTH... I'm about done with this dude!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: WTH... Maroney hurt AGAIN!

In Response to WTH... Maroney hurt AGAIN!:
    [QUOTE]You have seriously got to be kidding me! WTH... I'm about done with this dude!
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]

LOL, most of us are

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Cut him, trade him, put him on IR, but under no circumstances give him the ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: WTH... Maroney hurt AGAIN!:
    [QUOTE]Cut him, trade him, put him on IR, but under no circumstances give him the ball.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

yeah we don't need him fumbling at the one yard line on 4th and 1 with the game on the line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

"Cut him, trade him"

Party at my house when that finally happens, because that will be "Beautiful Day"!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Trade him?  Who would want him and for what?  Guy is seriously always hurt.  I doubt you could even get a draft pick at all for him.  Maybe a hotdog and beer.  Maybe just the hotdog.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTH... Maroney hurt AGAIN! : yeah we don't need him fumbling at the one yard line on 4th and 1 with the game on the line.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Could be worse.

Fred Taylor fumbled last year on the goal line as well. His OWN goal line and gave the other team a TD in the end zone.

Best to have no fumbles but if I had choice of two evil's I'd rather have Maroney turn over possession and make the other team go 99 yards then Taylor give an easy 6 points to the other team.

Just keeping it real and in perspective. I don't hate Maroney or Taylor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

If the Patriots want to have a healthy STAR running back, this year it will be Maroney.  Yes, he is often hurt, yes, he has underperformed his draft selection.  You have to remember the style of offense he has played behind.  I will not be suprised to see several early 100+ yard rushing games from Maroney this year.  They have held this guy back in the preseason.  I think he's gonna be hungry.  Every time I saw him in the preseason, he was in goal line situations scoring touchdowns.  Taylor got a lot of work in the preseason, but I just don't see him handling the load.

Mark my words....  Maroney is the sleeper pick for New England.  He's never had 3strong blocking TE's in front of him before.  The running game is back, if BB allows it to be.  If Maroney gets his confidence back, he'll be a threat this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Run! Maroney, run!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to WTH... Maroney hurt AGAIN!:
    [QUOTE]You have seriously got to be kidding me! http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/09/08/wide-receiver-randy-moss-missing-from-practice-as-pats-prepare-for-bengals/ This article says that Maroney has a hurt Groin and was held out of practice... I also read the other day somewhere that Maroney has been "Battling Injuries" and that is why he has not played much in pre-season... WTH... I'm about done with this dude!
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]

All of the following guys have shown to miss games yearly or during spans of years multiple games. Maroney no different.

Fred Taylor
    Sammy Morris
    Joseph Addai
    Cedric Benson
    Steven Jackson
    Ricky Williams
    Darren McFadden
    Reggie Bush
    Frank Gore
    DeAngelo Williams
    Rashard Mendenhall
    Michael Turner
    Marion Barber

The list goes on.... 

They have 5 RB's and can be overly cautious and patient, it's a luxury they have with 5RB's. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

She's very soft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WTH... Maroney hurt AGAIN! : All of the following guys have shown to miss games yearly or during spans of years multiple games. Maroney no different. Fred Taylor Sammy Morris Joseph Addai Cedric Benson Steven Jackson Ricky Williams Darren McFadden Reggie Bush Frank Gore DeAngelo Williams Rashard Mendenhall Michael Turner Marion Barber The list goes on....  They have 5 RB's and can be overly cautious and patient, it's a luxury they have with 5RB's. 
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

How many of them dance behind the line of scrimmage like a little school girl 2 out of every 3 carries?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I see the frustration but Maroney actually was the Pats best short yardage runner last year. Reiss broke out a stat that ranked Maroney surprisingly high. Instead of hating him, I'm hoping he has a great year. I don't see why people seem to hate him personally. I mean, Bill freakin Belichick believes in this guy. Maybe he's wrong? But he started against the Ravens last year in the post-season over Taylor and Morris (BJGE is NOT talented enough to be in the convo). He had a very good run in 2007. Is he great? No. Is he frustrating? Hell yes. But he's probably the best back they have right now. I didn't see all this hate for Chad Jackson, who was 100x the bust Maroney is right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]I see the frustration but Maroney actually was the Pats best short yardage runner last year. Reiss broke out a stat that ranked Maroney surprisingly high. Instead of hating him, I'm hoping he has a great year. I don't see why people seem to hate him personally. I mean, Bill freakin Belichick believes in this guy. Maybe he's wrong? But he started against the Ravens last year in the post-season over Taylor and Morris (BJGE is NOT talented enough to be in the convo). He had a very good run in 2007. Is he great? No. Is he frustrating? Hell yes. But he's probably the best back they have right now. I didn't see all this hate for Chad Jackson, who was 100x the bust Maroney is right now.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]
    Rockdog its not a matter of hate, I doubt anyone here actually hates Laura. I was her biggest fan and had a Patriot Party when she was drafted, I thought we had just pulled off the biggest hyste in football history, turns out I was right, the Patriots got robbed!

Jackson may have been a bust but it was a clean break after time, Mahoney is still around and breaking hearts, breaking fans and breaking wind!

Its like a sliver under your skin, you know its there, you know it hurts and you know you have to get rid of it at some point.
    Kiss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]If the Patriots want to have a healthy STAR running back, this year it will be Maroney.  Yes, he is often hurt, yes, he has underperformed his draft selection.  You have to remember the style of offense he has played behind.  I will not be suprised to see several early 100+ yard rushing games from Maroney this year.  They have held this guy back in the preseason.  I think he's gonna be hungry.  Every time I saw him in the preseason, he was in goal line situations scoring touchdowns.  Taylor got a lot of work in the preseason, but I just don't see him handling the load. Mark my words....  Maroney is the sleeper pick for New England.  He's never had 3strong blocking TE's in front of him before.  The running game is back, if BB allows it to be.  If Maroney gets his confidence back, he'll be a threat this year.
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]

You can't seriously believe that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

What a freakin' baby! Play football you idiot!!!!!! Whay can't they dump this moron!!!!! Soft does not even begin to explain this putz!!! 1) Baby 2) Idiot 3) Moron  and 4) Putz. Yeahm that about covers it!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I agree Maroney is good in short yardage.  He doesn't dance, hits the hole hard and usually picks up the TD/1st down.  But for some reason he doesn't run the same way on normal down and distance.  Clearly he has pyschological issues and if they haven't been solved by now, I doubt they ever will.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

It wouldn't surprise me if Maroney ran hard all of this season but then reverted to his dancing ways until the end of his next contract.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

apparently hes really hurt, here is a picture i took of him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

[QUOTE]Trade him?  Who would want him and for what?  Guy is seriously always hurt.  I doubt you could even get a draft pick at all for him.  Maybe a hotdog and beer.  Maybe just the hotdog.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

Me - I'd hold out for the beer.

But maybe that's just me!Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

pheww...I was worried that he was gonna play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]WTH... Maroney hurt AGAIN! pheww...I was worried that he was gonna play.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

LAZ,  Great post, provided my laugh of the day

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

What the h*ll gives with these guys these days?? Remember when Walter Payton, Earl Campbell,  and Barry Sanders for example, would carry the ball at least 25 - 30 times a game an never miss a game? Are the players today all mambie-pambies? I feel like kicking their sorry @sses!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

with running back by committee he is servicable.

He is in the last year of his contract and should be playing like the devil is chasing him. Otherwise he will not get a phat contract form anyone.

Moss' attitude seems to be one of kicking buttocks and getting paid bigtime by someone else since he is not feeling the love. If Maroney catches a little bit of that fire and stops the dancing (he did not dance much v Giants), then who knows what may happen this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

He's practicing with the team this afternoon