WW/Collie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

WW/Collie

Is it just coincidental they both received multiple concussions while catching passes from Goober?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: WW/Collie

Yeah I'd say so.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

noodle arm does that to WRs. you know, wobbly slow ducks coming at you..? yeah those get you killed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Brady appears to get the ball to his receivers while they are in motion on their route and can get some YAC.  I notice on many pass plays for Manning, he throws to a spot at which the receiver needs to be and then they try to get some YAC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is it just coincedental they both received multiple concussions while catching passes from Goober?

[/QUOTE]

Wow. You bring up an interesting factoid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not just Collie and Welker a number of his receivers got concussions. To expand on AGCS's comment, I noticed with Brady if he knows his WR is going to get whacked he puts the ball either in the air, towards the back, or by the foot to make sure the WR has to move in a way to limit hits to the head. Manning though I notice always puts it waist to shoulder height right infront leaving the WR's head in a direct collision path with the DB 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not just Collie and Welker a number of his receivers got concussions. To expand on AGCS's comment, I noticed with Brady if he knows his WR is going to get whacked he puts the ball either in the air, towards the back, or by the foot to make sure the WR has to move in a way to limit hits to the head. Manning though I notice always puts it waist to shoulder height right infront leaving the WR's head in a direct collision path with the DB 

[/QUOTE]

There might be something to your observation.  However, I believe TB's choice of location has more to do with his desire to limit the chance of a turnover than it does with him worrying about the chance that his receiver might get hurt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Is it just coincidental they both received multiple concussions while catching passes from Goober?

[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. I looked and noticed that pre 1999 WRs never had concussions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Don't know about Welker, but Collie wasn't helped by Peyton. He just kept leading the guy into coverage until the guy started concussing himself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There might be something to your observation.  However, I believe TB's choice of location has more to do with his desire to limit the chance of a turnover than it does with him worrying about the chance that his receiver might get hurt.

[/QUOTE]

You could be right but I'm not sure I believe that. There are plenty of places he could put the ball to prevent a turnover and in fact most of the time the contact wouldn't come until after it reached the receiver so most of the time even throwing infront of the receiver wouldn't have resulted in a turnover (incomplete maybe if the ball got knocked out after the fact). But, it would be hard to believe Manning doesn't see the same thing and still throws dangerous passes if they have a chance to be int'd. On occassion when they really need the play we've seen Brady toss it into a place where the receive will get creamed, so that leads me to believe he knows where he's placing it and puts it in a place to protect his guys. I mean just look at how many concussions Brady's WRs have gotten vs Mannings. And you can't say that Manning isn't as accurate or as good with decision making over his career as Brady (regular season of course) so I have to believe it comes down to Brady wanting to protect his guys vs Manning wanting to get the plays and yrds at all cost

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Too bad Gomie was drafted in 1998.  LMAO

Get yer facts straight, loser.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, so what you're saying is that 1999 is before 1998?  Wow, you've taken stupid to a new level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's the ducks Peyton throws that does it. 

Allows defenders to get set and make the big hits.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I have noticed, even back to his best days with the Colts that he had a tendency to "leave his receivers out to dry" so to speak. You rarely see Brady throwing to a spot where it is obvious the guy is going to get lit up, or take a big headshot...especially when there are other options available. Just one of the reasons I think Brady is a better teammate then Peyton, he value the health and wellbeing of his comrades just as much as his own. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about you come back here on February 2nd when the Patriots win their 4th SB and admit you secretely have a man crush on Belichick and love the Patriots. Why else would you spend 15 hours a day on another teams forum. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Brady sees the field better, throws a better ball and cares about his teammates.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady sees the field better, throws a better ball and cares about his teammates.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

He's especially deadly from the shotgun.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Goober and his brother Gomer have killed some pretty good WR's. It's how their father timed his throwing also to make sure they got whacked at the end of the play! the only players health the Pyle family cares about is their own. WW made a serious mistake when he signed on with the Pyle family as their go to guy! Ask Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks how they like being lead to slaughter by Gomer!! Brady isn't the best thrower but his passes are thrown with the intent of keeping his guys upright for a whole season!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Didn't Stokley have a bunch of concussions too?