WWE vs. NFL What is the difference?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Re: WWE vs. NFL What is the difference?????

Who robbed the Patriots when they lost to the Colts? Nobody did!

The Patriot offense scored 1 touchdown in second half and could not get two yards on 3 and 2 and 4 and 2 to win the game.  The defense couldnt stop Manning in the fourth quarter. Manning threw 2 horrible ints and the Patriots only got a field goal out of it. 

Just like yesterday, Gerrard threw the interception when they were on the Colts territory.  Joe Flacco did the same when they were losing by two. Ravens were already in field goal range.

There are no conspiracies, the Colts have a good team which knows how to win and gets crucial turnovers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

Anyone claiming to have done their homework and thus claims to knows exactly how many pass interference calls are full of sh**.  If you follw this link http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203440104574400702668839452.html it will show you a chart listing the 5 NFL WR's that accrued the most yards during the 2008 season as a result of pass interference calls.  Nowhere can you find any sort of data that gives mention as to which team receives or benefits from pass interefence calls as a statistic or team rank etc...

That said, I was able to find this link here http://www.aaronschatz.com/stats/drivestats which lists statistics for drive stats for the 2009 season which was last updated on 12/15/09. 

Interestingly, the colts rank #1 overall followed by the saints at #2.  The #3 on the list... was the patriots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

angel,

When you actually post links to substantiate your assertions, it takes all the "I'm rubber -- you're glue" fun out of the thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I looked and came up blank. If anyone has the link (or info UD) can they please post it. 

If nobody can find one I think that stinks of something in itself. There must be something that tracks these officiating crews to keep them honest-right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: WWE vs. NFL What is the difference?????:
    [QUOTE]Anyone claiming to have done their homework and thus claims to knows exactly how many pass interference calls are full of sh**.  If you follw this link http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203440104574400702668839452.html it will show you a chart listing the 5 NFL WR's that accrued the most yards during the 2008 season as a result of pass interference calls.  Nowhere can you find any sort of data that gives mention as to which team receives or benefits from pass interefence calls as a statistic or team rank etc... That said, I was able to find this link here http://www.aaronschatz.com/stats/drivestats which lists statistics for drive stats for the 2009 season which was last updated on 12/15/09.  Interestingly, the colts rank #1 overall followed by the saints at #2.  The #3 on the list... was the patriots.
    Posted by angel3781[/QUOTE]

I will look into it but all I found quickly was an overall team avg penalties per game.

The Top 5 best are as follows for 2009 to this point:

1) Jacksonville 4.6
    2) NewEngland 4.8
    3) Miami 4.8
    4) Indy 4.9
    5) Atlanta 5.0

In just the last 3 games the Top 5 are as follows:

1) Buffalo 2.3
    2) Jacksonville 2.7
    3) New England 3.3
    4) Dallas 3.7
    5) Miami 4.0

Indy was 11th at 4.9

For all of 2008 the Top 5 rankings were as follows:

1) New England 3.6
    2) Buffalo 4.4
    3) Denver 4.4
    4) Washington 4.6
    5) Atlanta 4.6

Indy was 18th at 5.6 penalties a game avg.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]I would say both Underdogg and Bradley are full of sh*t since neither one of you will do the simple thing which is provide a link to prove your point and since neither one of you will do that you are both liars.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

Week 3 Vs. Cardinals 2009
    PenaltyInd-Freddy Keiaho PENALIZED 6 yards for Pass Interference

Week 4 Vs. Seahawks
    PenaltyInd-Tim Jennings PENALIZED 3 yards for Pass Interference

Do I really need to keep going? This is already proving to be a myth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bn34. Show bn34's posts

Thanks for solving this mystery.  u forgot..

(4:08) 10-V.Young pass incomplete deep right to 18-K.Britt. PENALTY on IND-27-J.Lacey, Defensive Pass Interference, 20 yards, enforced at IND 35 - No Play.

That's 3 DPI in 09 not to mention..... 

From AFC Wild Card v SD last year

(11:07) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass short left to 89-C.Chambers to SD 45 for 8 yards (23-T.Jennings). Penalty on IND-23-T.Jennings, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

From the only drive in OT of AFC Wild Card v SD.

2-4-SD 43 (12:51) 43-D.Sproles right end to SD 43 for no gain (56-T.Hagler). PENALTY on IND-68-E.Foster, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at SD 43 - No Play.

3-8-IND 40 (10:04) 17-P.Rivers pass incomplete short left to 89-C.Chambers. PENALTY on IND-23-T.Jennings, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at IND 40 - No Play.

1-10-IND 35 (9:58) 43-D.Sproles up the middle to IND 35 for no gain (55-C.Session). PENALTY on IND-55-C.Session, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at IND 35 - No Play.

That's 3 Defensive penalties against Indy on the only drive of OT.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for solving this mystery.  u forgot.. (4:08) 10-V.Young pass incomplete deep right to 18-K.Britt. PENALTY on IND-27-J.Lacey, Defensive Pass Interference, 20 yards, enforced at IND 35 - No Play. That's 3 DPI in 09 not to mention.....  From AFC Wild Card v SD last year (11:07) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass short left to 89-C.Chambers to SD 45 for 8 yards (23-T.Jennings). Penalty on IND-23-T.Jennings, Defensive Pass Interference, declined. From the only drive in OT of AFC Wild Card v SD. 2-4-SD 43 (12:51) 43-D.Sproles right end to SD 43 for no gain (56-T.Hagler). PENALTY on IND-68-E.Foster, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at SD 43 - No Play. 3-8-IND 40 (10:04) 17-P.Rivers pass incomplete short left to 89-C.Chambers. PENALTY on IND-23-T.Jennings, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at IND 40 - No Play. 1-10-IND 35 (9:58) 43-D.Sproles up the middle to IND 35 for no gain (55-C.Session). PENALTY on IND-55-C.Session, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at IND 35 - No Play. That's 3 Defensive penalties against Indy on the only drive of OT.    
    Posted by bn34[/QUOTE]

Yeah and when i glanced thorugh the play by plays there didn't seem to be lots of DPI's in genral on either side. Seemed pretty normal. Offsides, holding more than anything followed by illegal block, roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness, etc etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to WWE vs. NFL What is the difference?????:

There are 2 constants. The refs always miss the most flagrant penalties that change the outcome, & ex-NFL players seem to gravitate to wrestling after they are gone from the NFL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bn34. Show bn34's posts

Surprisingly Indy was called for 6 DPIs in 08.  Does not include many illegal contact calls.  Seems like F. Keihao can't cover well.  Also, R. Mathis must lead league in offside penalties. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This thread seems to have evolved into another Colts/penalties thread but I suppose conversations are not meant to remain still. 

I don't think any statistic of who got what penalty is useful.  Counting who got the most or least yards is useless since one team or the other may have actually committed those penalties.  The only way to verify what team if any earned the penalties is to actually look at every penalty, and verify whether it was the right or wrong call. 

This is not impossible considering the games are taped, but it is difficult because every call would have to be analyzed on it's own.  I'm surprised there is not a web site that has this data considering there is a website on everything.  The NFL claims to do this analysis for the purpose of grading refs but they do not report the results.  It would be nice to see somewhere in the box score a report of false/wrong calls.  Something like 92% correct calls, missed calls resulting in 35 yards for team A and 62 yards for team B.  I suppose the NFL has no desire to report these numbers but it could be done. 

That is the only true way to track trends if there is a percentage of calls favoring one team.  Honestly it would just seem like a basic necessity to avoid fraud or corruption in the officiating. 

I'm guessing most will think I'm a conspiracy theorist for saying this but I just don't see how reporting facts could hurt the game if it's without corruption.