Y AD is my MVP, PEYTON 's my CPY!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Y AD is my MVP, PEYTON 's my CPY!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Anyone NOIT giving Peterson a MVP vote isn't paying attention. He WAS the Viking's offense this season. And, he gained all that yardage when the entire world knew he was going to get the ball. Absolutely amazing! 100 yard halfs.... redunculous!!!!!

Pay A Ton? he took over a playoff team/division winner. He took them to another (GASP!) division title. Looking at that wreck of a division, any Arizona QB, with his protection, could have done at least 8-8, again good enuf to win that eyesore. Plus, The Forehead is STILL the Forehead, only older.

The Forehead gets the Comeback Player Of Year, as he sat out the entire 2011 season. Peterson's injury came in game 15. Granted his injury was severe enough, and to see him running this season while in the crosshairs is amazing. But, "coming back" from a 1 game absence? I told my 15 yr old grandson to enjoy watching him for what he's doing this season. We may never see something like this again. Both OJ and Dickerson were healthy, and OJ had the advantage of seemingly gaining @ 1/3 of his 2000 against the hapless Pats in 2 games, even if it ws ony a 14 game season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Peterson carried the Vikings on his back and took them to the playoffs.

Denver made the playoffs last year with Tebow, so it's no big deal they made it this year with Manning.

Peterson the clear cut winner for MVP!

Comeback of the year... how can you not split it between Peterson and Manning?  I know, it sucks to split the award but coming back from a torn ACL to come within 9 yards from breaking the rushing record all in less then 1 year UNREAL!!!  Manning has done better then most thought but really is it more impressive then Peterson?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Manning is given way too much credit for what he did in Denver.  Did he go to a team in disarray?  Was there a wholesale change in that team's makeup from last season to this season?  He simply proved he is a much better QB than Tebow was and took the same team back to the playoffs with a few more wins. ( The gorilla in the room for Manning - the level of poor competition the Broncos faced in their 11 game win streak, of which NO ONE is talking about!  If the Pats/Brady accomplished the same, all we'd hear is how bad those NFL teams were in that 11 game winning streak! )  Conversely, look at what Andrew Luck did in Indianapolis!  That team made wholesale changes and he was a ROOKIE QB at the helm of a team that went 2-14 last season to 11 - 5 this season!!!  Peterson, on the other hand, was very instrumental to bring the Vikings from a 3 - 13  team last season to a 10 - 6 team this season. Ponder was not the key for that team.  Manning added 5 wins to an already established team which simply needed a better QB.  Luck added 9 wins to the Colts and Peterson added 7 wins to the Vikings.  I see Peterson as BOTH MVP and CPY considering his injury was to his legs which are 100% necessary for him to succeed as a running back.  But, Peterson can't overcome the Manning love pervading the media! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

TFB - what if I told you that Peterson only missed one game last year.  Would that change your mind a bit re: comeback player?  Didn't Welker essentially do the same thing?  Did anyone believe that Peterson would not come back from his injury? 

AGC - I agree with you regarding Luck, but you and I both know that no one would listen, if for no other reason, because of his stats.  Not only was Luck instrumental in the team's turnaround, he did it with the following:

Rookie WR, Rookie RB, 2 Rookie TE's, Castoff and nobody offensive line, Wayne, and Castanzo, the 2nd worst D in the league according to Football Outsiders, a first time GM, a first time HC who came down with Cancer, a castoff OC who had to ALSO assume the duties of HC.  Pretty amazing for Luck. 

As for the Manning thing (first let me say I think AP should win the MVP) - going to a playoff team should not be a knock against him.  If it is doesn't it also disqualify both Rodgers and Brady?  Taking that one step further, since Rodgers and Brady also play for the same team they did a year ago with mainly the same cast, doesn't that disqualify them further?

Manning cannot get dinged for schedule.  He doesn't control that.  Further, he took on an entirely new cast of players who (including himself) had to learn a new offensive system since the previous one was a read option based offense.   With Manning being the single major change to the team, they increased scoring on offense by almost 11 points per game.  Further defensive scoring went down by more than 10 points per game (you can bet that Manning had something to do with that in the same manner that Brady helps the pats D through his offensive scoring and putting pressure on the opposition to do the same). 

Peterson should win MVP.  If he does, Manning should win comeback player of the year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

UD - Manning, Rodgers, Brady....  of the teams they are on, I agree, they are already on good teams and they make them better.  Not a knock against Manning and his MVP chances, but, I can't help but see all the love going his way only because he IS Peyton Manning!  Imagine if he was still in Indy and did what Luck did there?  My GAWD, the Manning MVP love would be HUGE!!!  Appears to me that this year, if you took Manning, Rodgers or Brady off their teams, they may still be decent, but, take Peterson off the Vikings this year, or even Luck off of Indy, they'd be toast.  Why I see Peterson as the MVP.  As for the schdeule issue, you are correct, Manning had nothing to do with it, but, this issue is thrown in Patriot fan faces all the time about how the Pats did what they did against poor teams, we are not hearing the same about the Broncos and Manning. Either way you slice it, the media definitely has more positive things said aimed Manning's way than most other players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TFB - what if I told you that Peterson only missed one game last year.  Would that change your mind a bit re: comeback player?  Didn't Welker essentially do the same thing?  Did anyone believe that Peterson would not come back from his injury? 

Peterson should win MVP.  If he does, Manning should win comeback player of the year.

[/QUOTE]

UD6, Yes I realize Peterson played almost the entire season last year but I take the award as someone who came back from a possible career ending or changing injury and made a huge impact the next season, regardless how many games he missed the previous season.

Not saying Manning isn't a remarkable comeback, it is, but compared to Peterson I can't say it was better.

If a player has a possible career changing injury in the off season but comes back and has an amazing year should that not be qualified as a comeback?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ TFB12 - Peterson's injury was to a LEG, no legs, no running!  Manning had a neck injury which may have had some impact to his throwing, but, he most likely could still play QB. What kept Manning out was the nature of the surgery and the recovery time needed. As long as Manning could throw, folks felt he'd do well.  Peterson, on the other hand, had significantly more questions about the knee and look what he did... his BEST season EVER!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^ TFB12 - Peterson's injury was to a LEG, no legs, no running!  Manning had a neck injury which may have had some impact to his throwing, but, he most likely could still play QB. What kept Manning out was the nature of the surgery and the recovery time needed. As long as Manning could throw, folks felt he'd do well.  Peterson, on the other hand, had significantly more questions about the knee and look what he did... his BEST season EVER!

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you are addressing me... I'm not arguing here, I think Peterson should win MVP and share the comeback of the year with Manning.   I thought I made myself clear.

Or do you think Peterson should win comeback of the year all by himself?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Peterson came back from an injury that can take a full year to recover from and put up one of the greatest seasons of all time at his position which is probably the most punishing position in the NFL (nobody gets hit more than a feature running back in the NFL).  Before that Welker set a pretty high standard for coming back from an ACL, but not only does he not play RB, but he clearly wasn't himself for most of the year whereas Peterson was better than ever.  In any other year Peyton wins comeback player, but I don't see how you can't give it to Peterson (as well as MVP) in this instance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

UD6, Yes I realize Peterson played almost the entire season last year but I take the award as someone who came back from a possible career ending or changing injury and made a huge impact the next season, regardless how many games he missed the previous season.

Not saying Manning isn't a remarkable comeback, it is, but compared to Peterson I can't say it was better.

If a player has a possible career changing injury in the off season but comes back and has an amazing year should that not be qualified as a comeback?

[/QUOTE]

My response is this.  ACL reconstructions are done with regularity in the NFL, and players come back.  Some neck surgeries are done.  Manning had 4.  Further, the problem was exacerbated by the pinched nerve that weakened his throwing arm.  No one knew when or even if that nerve would regenerate.  Manning says he's still not fully back.  The last surgery was done before the beginning of last season.  There was quite a bit of specualtion as to whether or not Manning would return.  Even on this board. 

For that he gets comeback player of the year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TBF12 - just supporting your points that Peterson had the more amazing comeback and he deserves the CPY PLUS the MVP.  IMHO, Manning may have improved the Broncos but did not near anywhere elevate them like Peterson did the Vikings this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Actually, I agree with UD - a very rare happening.  While Peterson's performance warrants MVP, I'd give the CPY to PM as his injury required missing an entire season and took rarely-used surgeries/protocols to repair.  Unfortunately, I don't think Peterson's going to win the MFP - I think they'll vote for PM over him.  They'll come up with reasons they think are lucid, heck - the talking heads are already doing that.  Also, do you think PM gives two hoots about a regular season MVP?  He and TB are probably of the same mind - the heck with individual awards, the REAL reward is the SB - and let's face it QB's usually win that MVP too, but it also means your team got the ultimate prize.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TBF12 - just supporting your points that Peterson had the more amazing comeback and he deserves the CPY PLUS the MVP.  IMHO, Manning may have improved the Broncos but did not near anywhere elevate them like Peterson did the Vikings this season.

[/QUOTE]

Ok.  It's not going to bother me if Manning gets this award by himself.  I just think Peterson was amazing too.  I heard Nate Burleson talk about how not only this injury effects your leg but your mind too and what a long process it is to come back from an ACL injury.  I think for  Peterson to comeback and have the year that he did, running as good as he is then I just gotta sit back and say WOW!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" even contrarian never saw it coming."

Well you miss a lot of stuff just like everyone else so, it happens. 

There's only a handful of folks who can predict sporting events smartly/accurately enough to live off of those predictions, you're not one of them, and neither am I. Predicting well is not just about being a contrarian by the way. 

That said, I agree with you 100 percent this time Commie.... Adrian is by far the MVP, Peyton is second, Brady/Rodgers can duke it out for third. However I worry the NFL sheep will vote for Peyton out of hopeless Peyton love. But Denver was a playoff team last year without Manning (albeit a fortunate one). Minny on the other hand...AP = MVP

Sections
Shortcuts