Y BELICHICK SCREW 'D US : " The Rant"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Y BELICHICK SCREW 'D US : " The Rant"

NOTE : THIS IS A RANT .

To many of us Pats fans hungry for a championship ~ the Garoppolo pick feels like a slap in the face

IMO - It was a "cover-yur-ars " gutless call not worthy of a champion like BB .

It was like being up by one with a full quarter to go and playing prevent D

Disgusting.

You've got a team that can win the SB now and you want to "draft an insurance Qb for the future " ?

OK...Fine.

Use 2015 or 2016 draft currency.

On Day TWO of the 2014 NFL Draft the BB I have grown to love and admire didn't show up .

He got his ars kicked by the vast majority of NFL GMs ..if not ALL .

If Brady's skill set had become noticeably impaired - then I get ...GO FOR IT !

But we all know that's not the case .

Brady is playing at an extremely high level ....PERIOD.

For BB to use an invaluable 2nd round commodity on a player that has zero chance of helping Brady & Co. win a ring this year ( or likely next ) to me is  F' en  -IN - ex F'n -  Excusable .

Right now our two biggest impediments to getting back to a SB are probably the Broncos and Colts .

Well let's see...Denver traded up to get play making wr Cody Latimer for Manning .

( and potential protection help in OT Scofield )

While Indy helped out Luck by selecting play making wr Donte Moncreif .

( and potential protection help in OT Mewhort )

What did our favorite team do ?

We screwed Brady by getting him ...zilch .

( actually it's worse ... we insulted him by putting 2017 ahead of 2014 )

Maybe  ...just maybe there's a third impediment to the promised land ?

Bills ego ?

I kept thinking O'Brien's abrupt departure from the Pats may have been a bit more acrimonious than advertised .

Maybe he took Garoppolo ( Im already tired of spelling out his frigggin' name ) because he knew the Texans wanted him ? Was Bill ticked off that they didn't want to pay up for Mallett ... I know ..not likely but I couldn't help thinking there may have been a bit of master / student thing going on  ...hopefully not .

This Qb move also smacks of Kraft putting profits ahead of winning .

( SEE : season -ticket holders being booted from end zone to make room for unneeded , money -making Lounge ...involved and vocal attendees that likely contributed to crowd noise )

Maybe Kraft cares just a little more about seeing Gillette sold-out post-Brady than he does about hoisting another Lombardi in 2014 ?

I understand apologists want to point out that it's like the Aaron Rodgers / Brett Favre situation but its not.

Favre had repeatedly expressed an uncertainty about returning each year and Brady has not.

The Packers struggled to make a dent in the playoffs and...

WE MADE THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 3 YEARS IN A ROW

Despite our GM's occasional self destructive  , narcissistic draft behavior

( See : BB's ghastly "Look-at-me , Look at me " Tavon Super-Reach ...which in fact was the only other time I've taken to this sight and openly belly -ached  against a BB draft move )

IMO Bill Belichick is a brilliant head coach .

IMO Bill Belichick is a brilliant GM .

But as a DRAFTING GM ... IMO his huburis occasionally drags him down . 

Adding Garoppolo may have solidified his legacy by helping to ensure that once Brady is gone  - BB's W / L record  remains strong  ( juries out )

But make no mistake  - he just screwed the fan base out of a greater chance to celebrate a world championship in 2014 ( it might be only a slightly better chance  , but even a little bit can be a difference maker )

By using valuable draft-capitol to select a back-up Qb at pick #62 in the 2014 NFL Draft ( when there were clearly more urgent pieces of the puzzle just waiting to be plucked ) he unnecessarily put the teams future well being before the needs of what I hope is our current ultimate goal ...

NFL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP #4

We enter the last day of this team-building process with squat at 2nd TE

( and truthfully  - at this moment nobody can say w/o a doubt that we 'll even have a #1 TE healthy when the season starts ? )

The Jets ( Amaro )  , the Bucs  ( Sefarian - Jenkins ) and the Cards ( Nicklaus ) all found a way to get a TE on day two .

Maybe they'll all suck and be wasted picks ...who knows?

But at least their GM's took a shot.

( I wonder if BB thought about trading our 2nd & 2015 4th to move up and take Amaro ... Too risky ? )

NOPE ...We stood pat and landed a back-up Qb . WOOO HOOO !

We also got something else ...

A DAY 3 of the draft that in my mind may make the difference between BB being considered a good draft day GM and a mediocre one.

At least for the 2014 NFL DRAFT .

Capt. out .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Y BELICHICK SCREW 'D US :

In response to CaptFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To many of us Pats fans hungry for a championship ~ the Garoppolo pick feels like a slap in the face

Disgusting.

You've got a team that can win the SB now and you want to "draft an insurance Qb for the future " ?

OK...Fine.

On Day TWO of the 2014 NFL Draft the BB I have grown to love and admire didn't show up .

For BB to use an invaluable 2nd round commodity on a player that has zero chance of helping Brady & Co. win a ring this year ( or likely next ) to me is  F' en  -IN - ex F'n -  Excusable .

Right now our two biggest impediments to getting back to a SB are probably the Broncos and Colts .

Well let's see...Denver traded up to get play making wr Cody Latimer for Manning .

Bills ego ?

I kept thinking O'Brien's abrupt departure from the Pats may have been a bit more acrimonious than advertised .

Maybe he took Garoppolo ( Im already tired of spelling out his frigggin' name ) because he knew the Texans wanted him ? Was Bill ticked off that they didn't want to pay up for Mallett ... I know ..not likely but I couldn't help thinking there may have been a bit of master / student thing going on  ...hopefully not .

( SEE : season -ticket holders being booted from end zone to make room for unneeded , money -making Lounge ...involved and vocal attendees that likely contributed to crowd noise )

Maybe Kraft cares just a little more about seeing Gillette sold-out post-Brady than he does about hoisting another Lombardi in 2014 ?

I understand apologists want to point out that it's like the Aaron Rodgers / Brett Favre situation but its not.

Favre had repeatedly expressed an uncertainty about returning each year and Brady has not.

( See : BB's ghastly "Look-at-me , Look at me " Tavon Super-Reach ...which in fact was the only other time I've taken to this sight and openly belly -ached  against a BB draft move )

Adding Garoppolo may have solidified his legacy by helping to ensure that once Brady is gone  - BB's W / L record  remains strong  ( juries out )

But make no mistake  - he just screwed the fan base out of a greater chance to celebrate a world championship in 2014 ( it might be only a slightly better chance  , but even a little bit can be a difference maker )

By using valuable draft-capitol to select a back-up Qb at pick #62 in the 2014 NFL Draft ( when there were clearly more urgent pieces of the puzzle just waiting to be plucked ) he unnecessarily put the teams future well being before the needs of what I hope is our current ultimate goal ...

( and truthfully  - at this moment nobody can say w/o a doubt that we 'll even have a #1 TE healthy when the season starts ? )

The Jets ( Amaro )  , the Bucs  ( Sefarian - Jenkins ) and the Cards ( Nicklaus ) all found a way to get a TE on day two .

( I wonder if BB thought about trading our 2nd & 2015 4th to move up and take Amaro ... Too risky ? )

A DAY 3 of the draft that in my mind may make the difference between BB being considered a good draft day GM and a mediocre one.

Capt. out .

[/QUOTE]

Solid rant....

In Belicheck we trust...I get why he chose a QB with Mallet entering the final year of his rookie contract. End of the day Belicheck's not going to pick the kid, if there was someone he felt could better serve the teams needs, that he couldn't aquire later on the draft. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hey, that was a world class rant, Capt, and I'm glad you got it out there.  How I view this year's draft doesn't matter; what does is that you got that off your chest. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I've come to this lone conclusion that many may not wanna hear:  Ready?  =Brady is in his final year...whether he wants to or not.  Period.  Maybe in some IN-sane case=this year, next=NOTHING More.  BB keeps Mallet AND Garappolo.  Belichick MUST have seen A-lot of old TB in Garappolo-Excellent pure game-manager, no frills, zero mistakes, natural quick zing release on standard passing prowess, very exceptional & calmly executed, light touch passes.  Brady's 38...das it.  BB brought the slew of other QB's in as a smoke screen, 'cause he saw Total Young OG TB in this kid.  Saw much Better potential successor success than in Mallet, comparatively to Tom's game...and Mallet's in his final contract year. 

Conclusion:  BB KNOWS something about either Brady's WISH to retire...or NE's WISH to begin the successor process, in 1 year (maybe...mayyyybe 2=AT Extreme MOST)- Which WE Do Not. 

It may be painful...and this will no doubt raise, shouting, exaggerated heads on both pro-TB & anti-TB fronts, but it is what it is.  I'm attempting cold rationality.  Yup...it happened to Favre.  Yup...it happened to Montana.  A year - 2 shy of 40...Either NFL Franchises and/or HOF QB's themselves, are also, and Have To Be- Brutally realistic upon closing that final curtain, from either/or party involved, or both parties.  Does/Can he still get Us over that last "hump", How many years hedging 40 AM I gonna do this to my body, What ARE we gonna Do in 2 or so short years & I don't want it to be handed to a complete & total novice for a 3 year start-up shiftover, WhatInTH do I need to still prove, etc., etc., etc., -Brutal Realism By BOTH Parties.  I have to NOW believe granted this selection, That the time is Really Close. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've come to this lone conclusion that many may not wanna hear:  Ready?  =Brady is in his final year...whether he wants to or not.  Period.  Maybe in some IN-sane case=this year, next=NOTHING More.  BB keeps Mallet AND Garappolo.  Belichick MUST have seen A-lot of old TB in Garappolo-Excellent pure game-manager, no frills, zero mistakes, natural quick zing release on standard passing prowess, very exceptional & calmly executed, light touch passes.  Brady's 38...das it.  BB brought the slew of other QB's in as a smoke screen, 'cause he saw Total Young OG TB in this kid.  Saw much Better potential successor success than in Mallet, comparatively to Tom's game...and Mallet's in his final contract year. 

Conclusion:  BB KNOWS something about either Brady's WISH to retire...or NE's WISH to begin the successor process, in 1 year (maybe...mayyyybe 2=AT Extreme MOST)- Which WE Do Not. 

It may be painful...and this will no doubt raise, shouting, exaggerated heads on both pro-TB & anti-TB fronts, but it is what it is.  I'm attempting cold rationality.  Yup...it happened to Favre.  Yup...it happened to Montana.  A year - 2 shy of 40...Either NFL Franchises and/or HOF QB's themselves, are also, and Have To Be- Brutally realistic upon closing that final curtain, from either/or party involved, or both parties.  Does/Can he still get Us over that last "hump", How many years hedging 40 AM I gonna do this to my body, What ARE we gonna Do in 2 or so short years & I don't want it to be handed to a complete & total novice for a 3 year start-up shiftover, WhatInTH do I need to still prove, etc., etc., etc., -Brutal Realism By BOTH Parties.  I have to NOW believe granted this selection, That the time is Really Close. 

[/QUOTE]

As much as I love what TB has done for this team (and continues to do) I am 100% on board with having a succession plan in place right now.  It's unrealistic to think he will not show a degradation in performance over the next couple of years.

My fear is that the Pats and Brady will hang on beyond the expiration date, like the Celtics did with the original "Big 3".   That can set the team back for a solid decade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As much as I love what TB has done for this team (and continues to do) I am 100% on board with having a succession plan in place right now.  It's unrealistic to think he will not show a degradation in performance over the next couple of years.

My fear is that the Pats and Brady will hang on beyond the expiration date, like the Celtics did with the original "Big 3".   That can set the team back for a solid decade.

[/QUOTE]

It would appear that BB took a step to address the issue yesterday.  Is JG the right guy?  BB seems to think he is.  I have a couple of concerns about him but the guy did rate our as a 2nd rounder and that's where BB took him.  As is the case with every draft pick, we'll see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mediumsizednuts. Show Mediumsizednuts's posts

His drafts have been screwing the Pats for ten year why stop now? Its kind of like stalking a old girlfriend after she gets fat, you just cant help yourself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajaym. Show ajaym's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    The question really is, how long TB's got it. With age, nobody really knows. My guess is probably two great years (2014 & 2015) and then downhill at some rate. I am guessing JG, if he pans out is for that. One year? You could be right, but think not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You just summed up my greatest fear perfectly.  And for the next 5-10 years the Celtics are going to stink up the league again because they waited too long.  BB summed it up yesterday when he explained that it's better to go early than too late. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to CaptFoxboro's comment:

Disgusting.

OK...Fine.

Bills ego ?

Capt. out .

WAAAAAAAA, WA, WA, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just because you feel a certain way and all two of your friends feel the same way, don't equate that with "most Pats fans". Equate it with most Pats fans that are in love with certain college players and or have fantasy foolsball teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The TE position will be a huge downfall for the Pats this season, just think there were 3 or 4 guys in this draft that would have made it a huge positive for this offense and BB missed it.  Leave it to BB to do well with many things but totally ignore one important piece of the puzzle which will ultimately be the downfall of not winning it all.

Going into the draft the Pats were among the top teams in the league talent wise, so far after 3 rounds it seems like a few teams distanced themselves from the Patriots as being leaders and several teams who were far behind the Pats have gained some pretty good ground.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The TE position will be a huge downfall for the Pats this season, just think there were 3 or 4 guys in this draft that would have made it a huge positive for this offense and BB missed it.  Leave it to BB to do well with many things but totally ignore one important piece of the puzzle which will ultimately be the downfall of not winning it all.

Going into the draft the Pats were among the top teams in the league talent wise, so far after 3 rounds it seems like a few teams distanced themselves from the Patriots as being leaders and several teams who were far behind the Pats have gained some pretty good ground.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously, TE is not a priority this year. The Pats have other players at other positions to give them the production they used to get from the TE position. Also, from what I've seen, the two TE sets don't win championships!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If you're not an idiot then you understand why QB....

“We know what Ryan's contract situation is, we know what Tom's age and contract situation is, and I don't think you want to have one quarterback on your team,” Belichick explained. “I don't think that's responsible to the entire team or the organization.”

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obviously, TE is not a priority this year. The Pats have other players at other positions to give them the production they used to get from the TE position. Also, from what I've seen, the two TE sets don't win championships!

[/QUOTE]

Dude, the TE position is huge for this offense.  It makes all the difference in the world when the Pats have a good TE on offense.  It struggles without a solid TE in there and I'm not feeling very good about Gronk making it an entire season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

OBVIOUSLY, TE SHOULD BE A PRIORITY!!!!!!!

Did you watch the AFC game where the receivers sucked and the RB's sucked, the o-line sucked and they had no starting caliber TEs, who ALSO sucked?

Well guess what?  They STILL have ZERO starting caliber TE's and the same sucky rb's and receivers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well guess what?  They STILL have ZERO starting caliber TE's and the same sucky rb's and receivers.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Sections
Shortcuts