y draft strategy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

y draft strategy

Give up our 1st round pick for Revis, Resign Talib, McCourtney and Wilson or Ebnar at safety. Draft a field stretching wideout with 2nd round pick and a Dlineman to play next to Vince with the 3rd. Later picks should be DEs and Olineman. Release Welker,(saves cap space), and resign Edelman. We now have 2 great corners and a wideout to stretch the field along with a big body/beast next to Vince to push up the middle-----strategy equals 4th SB title in 2013!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Re: y draft strategy

Ya, the Jets would trade Revis to a team in their division!  Even the Jets are not that stupid and Revis would not play for BB.  Time to find a new strategy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Pats will move out of 1st round this year....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Pats will move out of 1st round this year....

I think so as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Give up our 1st round pick for Revis, Resign Talib, McCourtney and Wilson or Ebnar at safety. Draft a field stretching wideout with 2nd round pick and a Dlineman to play next to Vince with the 3rd. Later picks should be DEs and Olineman. Release Welker,(saves cap space), and resign Edelman. We now have 2 great corners and a wideout to stretch the field along with a big body/beast next to Vince to push up the middle-----strategy equals 4th SB title in 2013!!!!!

Talib = great ????????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Gotta take that DE in the 1st rd - if he is the one they want. If not, may be better to trade back. The D is only 2 key players (difference makers) away from a top D. Match Talibs best offer and see if he stays. If not go best available CB in 2nd rd.

Jets would never trade Revis to the Pats anyway and they don't want him - to break the bank. Jets would be smart to rid themselves of Revis for rebuilding picks but most likely won't happen. They are stuck with him and Sanchez.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Ya, the Jets would trade Revis to a team in their division!  Even the Jets are not that stupid and Revis would not play for BB.  Time to find a new strategy!

not to mantion the pats are gonna lay 100 mil on a player (revis)? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I hope the Pats use their first round pick... And they draft best need player available

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

Gotta take that DE in the 1st rd - if he is the one they want. If not, may be better to trade back. The D is only 2 key players (difference makers) away from a top D. Match Talibs best offer and see if he stays. If not go best available CB in 2nd rd.

Jets would never trade Revis to the Pats anyway and they don't want him - to break the bank. Jets would be smart to rid themselves of Revis for rebuilding picks but most likely won't happen. They are stuck with him and Sanchez.

"Gotta take that DE in the 1st rd - if he is the one they want."

been saying that several months palookaski

my newest post to draft thread:

" still take top pass rusher avail in rd 1 carradine (if knee perfect), ansah, jordan, jones.

or in rd 2: carradine (if knee not perfect), hunt, taylor, okafor, etc in 2.

by the way, eifert quite the specimen, does bb go with his te addiction and have one or 2 of the tes  rush the passer on defense till one of the starters goes down :)"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

All u bozos have been crying about our DBs for years-Revis and Talib solidify this position then we go get guys next to Wilfork and a deep threat Reciever and were good to go!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Well, you have to be practical don't you?  There's no way the Jets trade Revis to the Pats.  Would you make that move?  No you wouldn't.  The Revis idea fails.  The CB drama continues with Dennard's punishment NFL-wise or not and if Talib returns.  Something's got to be done here but it won't be Revis.

The one thing I keep on forgetting too is the pick up of Armond Armstead.  I was thinking DL for the draft when I saw his name somewhere.  Completely forgot about the guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

All u bozos have been crying about our DBs for years-Revis and Talib solidify this position then we go get guys next to Wilfork and a deep threat Reciever and were good to go!

JImmy, sorry but u dont get it.  There is a little thing called the salary cap.  We couldnt pay revis and talib etc.  Revis was QB money by himself.  If Revis bumped his head and signed for 5 mil a year, you would be very correct, but he is a diva that wants cash not titles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Let's show this post to BB and be done with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Think the Pats are in need of quality this year not quantity. Also need to keep the pipeline of young players coming in. They keep the cap low.

This is the year to trade <??> for a draft pick, package a couple picks and move up in the draft.

2 impact players from the draft, CB, SS, WR, even pass rush is all I ask. Fill the other pieces in from FA's and disgards.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Think the Pats are in need of quality this year not quantity. Also need to keep the pipeline of young players coming in. They keep the cap low.

This is the year to trade <??> for a draft pick, package a couple picks and move up in the draft.

2 impact players from the draft, CB, SS, WR, even pass rush is all I ask. Fill the other pieces in from FA's and disgards.

agree completely though have a few higer priorities than improving our feeble 2nd safety for a legit one.

im willing to trade mallet and some 2014 mid or later in order to get the impact playmakers.

ie

# 1 need is pass rush without that we aren't getting a ring likely. cant rush a qb with a good line (see  raven game fro example).

#2 an #3 need is big corner and big outside wr who can separate and snag, get the short and middle open and get the running room to run. right now good des stay close and clog everything up.

having the offense run through our short game is part of the reason our offense can be shut down. that and josh's playcalling not making teams  respect all the threats.

#4 need o line improvement. we need a better, more consistent run blocking and pass blocking (see games agaisnt better defenses like rafvens). 

#5 a linebacker that can cover well.

josh needs to learn to make de respect all weapons, call better sequences

bb needs change the de to a penetrating defense instead of a clogging up one (a must in todays nfl).

if we get some pass rush in fa, we can take best player available. 

ditto re cb. keep talib, sign or tag. pickup midlevel cb. then in rd #1 best player avail.

wr i would still get in draft the big separating wr even if we got a fa wr. but you are not going to get a good fa wr 6 2"+ 210+ who can separate and snag. you can in the draft in about all 3 first rounds.rounds.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

Well, you have to be practical don't you?  There's no way the Jets trade Revis to the Pats.  Would you make that move?  No you wouldn't.  The Revis idea fails.  The CB drama continues with Dennard's punishment NFL-wise or not and if Talib returns.  Something's got to be done here but it won't be Revis.

The one thing I keep on forgetting too is the pick up of Armond Armstead.  I was thinking DL for the draft when I saw his name somewhere.  Completely forgot about the guy.

First off the Jets are going NOWHERE in the next 3-5 years and they are unpredictable--remember this is a team that signed Sancheez for big money Last year-they have no clue and they will be 3rd or 4th in the division in the foreseeable future-they have nothing to lose-I would rather trade Mallet for a second-still am pissed about the Dennard thing - Cops Lie and he's a black man in Nebraska and got screwed--suks because I liked his physical and covering abilities. BTW I am white.

Sections
Shortcuts