Y MARIO WILLIAMS IS COMING TO FOXBORO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Y MARIO WILLIAMS IS COMING TO FOXBORO

the texans just overpaid for and blew their load all over the agent of arien foster at the tone of 5 years and $40m. this makes it almost impossible that gthey would be able to franchise or re-sign mario. thus mario is a free agent. he loves bb and respects the pats system. he's a perfect match for bb's schemes and is able to move around. he's best in the 4-3 as a pass rusher but can clearly play and thrive in a 3-4 as an outside linebacker. this guy can flat-out go after the qb. apparently it would take 6 years and 90m to get him (julius peppers money).. my sources tell me that mario will be willing to take a bit less than his full market potential to come to the pats. looking AT 6 years and 80m with not a record upfront.. he will have to earn his salary. this is your classic win-win. if we can get back a healthy andre carter along with a resurgent mark andersen, look out qbs. we need a stud star out on that line. one guy commanding double and triple teams changes life for everyone else. mario is an every down guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Y MARIO WILLIAMS IS COMING TO FOXBORO

I'd cut Williams loose to resign Foster anyday of the week. Foster is 100x more important to them. Brooks Reed filled in pretty admirably for Williams and Connor Barwin is no slouch either. It was a pretty simple decision for the Houston FO to make.

*Edit* To answer your question, no.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

How do you he loved his B.B.??

and does he love him enough to throw away millions of dollars just to play for him??

Mario Williams may in fact be coming to foxboro. Im sure whatever team he plays for may be on the schedule next year.

Gonna take more than love to get that contract done C.A

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

my sources tell me that mario will be willing to take a bit less than his full market potential to come to the pats

And who would your sources be?  One of the many voices in your head?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

Well, Mario may be coming to Foxboro, but nobody here has any real source saying it is or isn't so! He would be a good fit, and God knows they need some pass rush desperately! Mario was the #1 pick, and has made more money than most players. So it's feasable that he'd possibly take less to play on a contender. But he's certainly not at the end of his career where he'd take a "discount" contract. I'd love to see them invest...I'd sure loved to have seen him (healthy) on the field in Indy! I suppose we'll all know eight days from now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Do you realize how many teams are way under the cap? Take a look, do some research. Once you come back to earth and to your senses, please post back as to which of the many teams sitting pretty 40, 50 and in some cases, 60 million under the cap will be overpaying for Mario's services...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

My sources tell me that Mario is the brother of the guy in that game - and I hear he is even BETTER than his brother. ANd they call his brother Super Mario so you know this guy has to be reallllly good.

Just imagine what a guy like Super Mario would be able to do on a BB team and then imagine what his brother could do!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Texans will franchise him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Y MARIO WILLIAMS IS COMING TO FOXBORO:
    [QUOTE]Texans will franchise him
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

Dead line already passed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

[QUOTE]Do you realize how many teams are way under the cap? Take a look, do some research. Once you come back to earth and to your senses, please post back as to which of the many teams sitting pretty 40, 50 and in some cases, 60 million under the cap will be overpaying for Mario's services...
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Sure, he will probably get offers in the Haynesworth (Skins) ballpark. The question is will he simply go for the biggest payday, or will he choose to go to a team that gives him a shot at a championship? Don't forget, he was the #1 pick in the draft and cashed in big time. He's halfway through his career, and maybe doesn't want to be the richest guy on a 5-11 team! He's stated that he isn't looking to be the highest paid, but wants somewhere that's a good fit. NE is a pretty good fit and contends for the SB every year. Only time will tell what he'll really do when the offers start coming in...in about 163 hours from now!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to "Re: Y MARIO WILLIAMS IS COMING TO FOXBORO": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Y MARIO WILLIAMS IS COMING TO FOXBORO : Dead line already passed. Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE] Whoops forgot that...okay that increases the chances then

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

after franchising Wes and needing to pay the draft choices, Pats cannot pay Mario 6/$90. Doesnt fit under the cap at the moment.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

my sources tell me that capitalistavenger a.k.a. communistcontrarian is a piece of garbage. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Y MARIO WILLIAMS IS COMING TO FOXBORO : Sure, he will probably get offers in the Haynesworth (Skins) ballpark. The question is will he simply go for the biggest payday, or will he choose to go to a team that gives him a shot at a championship? Don't forget, he was the #1 pick in the draft and cashed in big time. He's halfway through his career, and maybe doesn't want to be the richest guy on a 5-11 team! He's stated that he isn't looking to be the highest paid, but wants somewhere that's a good fit. NE is a pretty good fit and contends for the SB every year. Only time will tell what he'll really do when the offers start coming in...in about 163 hours from now!
    Posted by Bubthegrub12[/QUOTE]

Please realize that these guys play for money. Sure, he already has a lot of it but the Pats wont be able to offer even close to what some of the other teams can and some of the teams that have a ton of cap space aren't "5-11" caliber teams. Chiefs and Bengals are two great examples of teams on the rise with a ton cash that can go break the bank on Super Mario. He'll want a contract similar to what Julius Peppers got, we can't afford that type of contract...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Y MARIO WILLIAMS IS COMING TO FOXBORO : Please realize that these guys play for money. Sure, he already has a lot of it but the Pats wont be able to offer even close to what some of the other teams can and some of the teams that have a ton of cap space aren't "5-11" caliber teams. Chiefs and Bengals are two great examples of teams on the rise with a ton cash that can go break the bank on Super Mario. He'll want a contract similar to what Julius Peppers got, we can't afford that type of contract...
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Vince makes $8mil and they won't give anyone more than him on D.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]after franchising Wes and needing to pay the draft choices, Pats cannot pay Mario 6/$90. Doesnt fit under the cap at the moment.  
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]WES will be signed long term before we sign mario! pats have til july to get it done with wes. franchise tag just gives them longer to work something out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Y MARIO WILLIAMS IS COMING TO FOXBORO : Agreed! Vince makes $8mil and they won't give anyone more than him on D.
    Posted by ipats[/QUOTE]i agree, his average pay wont exceed 8m, but his upfront money will be more than what vince got.. period!