Y NOT BRING BACK MANGINI FOR THE DEFENSE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Y NOT BRING BACK MANGINI FOR THE DEFENSE?

Guys, Charlie Weiss is not walking through that door. Romeo Crennel is not walking through that door. Eric Mangini is not walking through that door!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Y NOT BRING BACK MANGINI FOR THE DEFENSE?:
    .  Also, if the Pats win a SB with Mangini running the defense, doesn't that suggest that Mangini was more important to the success of the Pats than BB?  In other words, wouldn't BB want to win a SB without Mangini?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover
    hmmm, u mean like parcells did by bringing back bb? its about winning! bb needs a dose of reality from his past! jets and browns were both great defensively with manh=gini at the helm. prob was offense. we dont need weis or offensive changes. o'brien and bb have done a great enough job. the defense from the bottom-up is pathetic. of 32 teams we are at the bottom EIGHT in defensive rating! the record including our 5-2 is 13-46. just pathetic. not one of those other 7 teams will sniff the playoffs. denver, carolina, miami, indy are all part of the group. no coincidence!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Who honestly really knows what BB is thinking or how he feels about Mangini. However, BB has been spurned by many coordinators to only watch them fail miserably elsewhere. I would do it, because it would finally give BB another set of eyes on the field that assess the defense a different way. I feel at times BB has so much power at his disposal he may forget the advantage of having designated coordinators.  It's clear this defense has been  inconsistent and a very expensive issue for the past 3 years now. Maybe BB needs to embrace the mutually beneficial relationship of a defensive coordinator again.
    Posted by freediro

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Defense has been inconsistent? What does 323 passing yd/game mean? Not inconsistent, horrible is more like it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

NEVER, with a capitol N. He was a joke as a DC and a joke as a HC. And he is a worthless rat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Interestingly, here are some of the coaches for the 1990 NY Giants

Coached by Bill Parcells (13-3-0)
     Offensive Coordinator: Ron Erhardt
     Defensive Coordinator: Bill Belichick
     Other Notable Asst.: Tom Coughlin (Wide Receivers), Romeo Crennel (Defensive Line) and Al Groh (Linebackers)

Maybe the success of the 2001-2004 patriots was due to a combination of good players, good scheme, and a good coaching staff - but not just from Bill.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

For the GOOD of the team and to win more games and Super Bowls...  what would it hurt to try?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Interestingly, here are some of the coaches for the 1990 NY Giants Coached by Bill Parcells (13-3-0)  Offensive Coordinator: Ron Erhardt  Defensive Coordinator: Bill Belichick  Other Notable Asst.: Tom Coughlin (Wide Receivers), Romeo Crennel (Defensive Line) and Al Groh (Linebackers) Maybe the success of the 2001-2004 patriots was due to a combination of good players, good scheme, and a good coaching staff - but not just from Bill.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

If you took nearly any successful coach and followed his coaching tree 20 years later I'm sure you would find similar success. Those guys were not big name coordinators brought in by parcells, they were guys who worked their way up, just like Mangini was. That is the irony of everyone calling for a big name coordinator. Parcells didn't win with big names, BB didn't win with big names they won with guys they brought up within the ranks. Those guys are big names now but not then, in 10 more years it will be a new batch of names made up of more guys who came up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

they had a chance to grab Romeo and didn't. he is the one I would want. Not ratgini

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

This rat cost BB $250,000 and Kraft $500,000 in fines and you honestly think he will be welcome New England?
    Posted by BOB-SC

no i dont think he would be, but if bb did, id take a coach who can coach.
    it wasnt my suggestion. desperate times call for desperate measures. our coaches are not good. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

How do you know Mangini was a good D coordinator vs. the recipient of a team that had decent, albeit aging, defensive players. Sorta like Switzer inherited a pretty darn good Cowboys team from Johnson. How do you know the "brain child" of the defense really aren't guys like Rob Ryan, Romeo Crennel, and Pepper Johnson? Altho, admittedly, Mangini was a defensive backs coach back in 2001. We need to get more aggressive on D as a whole...I would not mind if we got someone like Rob Ryan.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

i wouldnt take him as a dc.  i said crennel as dc.
    robs not gonna come back, yeah if he did id be for it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

weis/crennel
    Posted by natesubs

i posted that in the offseason. guess bb didnt agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

(Insert image here of Belichick bear-hugging Mangini at the press conference announcing his return to the team while casting an icy stare in Ernie Adams' direction---Adams' queue to take Mangini "fishing" on Lake Tahoe a few weeks later)  
    Posted by hardright

you have a point. never thought it was realistic, but id accept it if bb did. because we need some serious coaching especially with the dbs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

pass the pipe Commie that is the GOOD stuff. 

Mangini never coming back. My SOURCES tell me Kraft would never have it. 

p.s. the defense primarily has a talent problem not a coaching problem.

It's the offense that arguably needs better coaching/playcalling. See: Rusty

Sections
Shortcuts