Y not trade a couple of seconds to denver for brandon marshall and guarantee a trip to the super bowl as you work out the kinks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Y not trade a coup...

at this point, the pats seem to be in a state of flux. i say 2 seconds in 2010 and 2011 would do the trick. in bill i trust too, but he really doesnt seem to have a clue right now. i'm sure some of the players are wondering what the heck he is smoking right about now. i say why not maximize some stability at the receiver position and repeat the strategy of 2007. with marshall, pats will be breaking alltime records again by halftime. no defense in history would be able to keep up with moss-welker-marshall with brady leading things. combined with a potent and versatile running game, we could be looking at a second undefeated season and another super bowl appearance as we work out all the kinks on defense and with the tight ends and the 4th/5th receivers and what not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Re: Why not just trade a couple of seconds to denver for brandon marshall and a guaranteed trip to the super bowl as you work...

So you want to trade Belichick for Marshall....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Re: Why not just trade a couple of seconds to denver for brandon marshall and a guaranteed trip to the super bowl as you work...

although it would be great, and we def. have the picks to get it done... its not possible. U know how much bill puts stock in structuring a team from inside out, meaning line first. And he just traded seymore, not because he thinks seymore is done, but because we do not have the money to sign both wilfork, and the other FA's coming next year and the year after.
    The reason marshall is creating all this drama is because he wants a HUGE contract, which the pats wouldnt be able to offer. Unless ur asking them give up 2 2nd round picks to get marshall for 1 year, either way, it doesnt make it a good football decision.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blomie. Show Blomie's posts

The two posts you started do not reflect well on you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

yuck thats ridiculous

He is a problem on and off the field, a woman beater and the pats have moss and welker anyway

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: Why not just trade a couple of seconds to denver for brandon marshall and a guaranteed trip to the super bowl as you work out all the kinks?:
    [QUOTE]yuck thats ridiculous He is a problem on and off the field, a woman beater and the pats have moss and welker anyway
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]he will be here to fill the third STARTG receiver role as done by donte stallworth for most of 2007. after that, he may leave just as stallworth did. its a cheap shortcut route to a ring. just as donte repaired his image, improved his visibility and got paid big time after 2007, so would marshall. the pats wont have to give him an extension. they clearly wont put the franchise tag on him. for 2 seconds (or conditional 3rd that could become a second), i say its a steal based on the potential upside. for one year, u would have a hungry motivated stud! brady wont be complaining.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Re: Y not trade a couple of seconds to denver for brandon marshall and guarantee a trip to the super bowl as you work out the...

Because he is a piece of garbage that beats women, I'm all about winning. But there are a few things that are more important. I wouldn't have had a problem drafting a Randy Moss when he came out. Some drug use, a few minor legal run ins. To me, that's immaturity. Guys can, and do, grow up. I'm not a complete prude. But at some point you have to have some integrity and draw the line somewhere. Mine (and I'm betting the Kraft's) is at wife beaters, child molesters and rapists. Oh yeah, wannabe serial killers that get off on torturing and killing animals.

Plus he wants a ton of money. Look at some of the second rounders around the league and on the Pats. They are way to valuable to give up to rent a player they don't need for one year. You can get round one talent and lock them in much cheaper. It seems to me the Pats might value 2nd rounders even more than first rounders.

I would rather see Branch (if he becomes available) or even Marvin Harrison at the right price. But I think if Marvin were asking for a reasonable contract he would have a job by now. But the info about the Colts playbook and tendencies we could get out of him would be nice. Better yet, why don't you guys chillax and give Galloway a chance he was an elite receiver at one point and is still pretty good. And if he doesn't do the job, we have Nunn waiting on the practice squad.

Good wide recievers are a dime a dozen. The league is chock full of them. I just don't see any point. The Pats would have to sign him to a long tem deal. If he wont play for the Broncos why would he play for the Pats. He should be out there auditioning for his next contract. Instead he's sulking like a two year old. And if he were to come to his senses and realize that his best chance at getting paid was to play out the year, he would look much better on the Broncos. Why would he want to come here a compete for balls with Randy Moss and Wes Welker when he can be the focal point of Denver's offense?

No offense, but this trade idea just doesn't make sense on any level.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Y not trade a couple of seconds to denver for brandon marshall and guarantee a trip to the super bowl as you work out the...

Not going to happen. The Kraft's won't pay women beaters.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We need to get better at defense more than at offense. We should be trading for Elvis Dumervil rather than Brandon Marshall. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Why do you want a wife beater on the team anyhow? You like rooting for low character guys at a position we are already well stocked in? You do understand we were going to lose either Seymour or Wilfork at the end of the year right? How about wait till the season starts and then we'll see what the problems on the team are and what, if anything, to do about them. Why try to plug holes before you know where the leaks are?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_439198. Show user_439198's posts

You want to drop a 10 million a yr contract that bradon wants after giving up a ferw second rounders...Nutz  moss was traded for a 4th and wes for  a 2nd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Marshall could not handle a 3rd wr position . He'd start whinin like T.O about his targets.

Marshall was a perfect fit for Jay Cutler. They are both babies . Both have personality issues. Neither fit the patriot profile

Sounds like the Jets are working out Ryan Fowler. Maybe David harris finds his way to Denver anyway.

I gotta tell ya, even if it was a possibility, I am still more excited to see the combination of Edelman, Galloway and Nunn (and I know he is on the practice squad at the moment but its happenin)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

We need DEFENSE!!  We are fine at receiver, as it is right now, we're going to have to score 40 points to win every game - as the D is probably going to be letting up 30+ per game!  Lets focus on the D!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

A) Krafts won't pay felons and B) Marshall will b--ch and moan about contract at some point.....thus become a distraction.......No thanks !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Why do guys insist on trying to bring low-lifes into the organization? First Vick, then TO, then this fool. We don't want or need the likes of brandon marshall in a Patriot uniform.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Our offense will be fine might even challenge 2007 numbers if health is not an issue.  If they tweak anywhere it will be defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

man, some of u have such a short memory and so self-righteous. yep, randy moss AND dante stallworth were both commonly regarded as LOWLIFES at around the time they came to the pats. how did that turn out? moss has been accused and known for smackg around his women and others' women (like the meter maid). gee, he's not a now that he has the patriots jersey on? fact is moss was never as bad as he was portrayed by the media. they always need the sensation stuff to sell papers. i m certain it is the same with marshall. 

second, if marshall comes here it would be just for ONE year! bill rightfully will not pay him more than moss atleast before seeing him get through a season here. again, it would be like with MOSS. i think marshall can come here, be respected and show some professionalism in kind. the pats still have a strong lockerroom. who wil be a better role model than moss for marshall? two #2s for a motivated marshall is a STEAL! u then will have 2 of the top 5 receivers on the same field at the same times. add welker, u will have 3 of the top 10 receivers at all times. that equals to a ring esp when paired with the best QB in all of football! character my buttt! if the guy can play and show up for games and buy into your professionalism (mcdaniels has none), that 's all that matters! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JordanFromMontreal. Show JordanFromMontreal's posts

Why not trade any good players left in denver to NE. Have Josh get fired, and weèll rehire him. Along with Romeo heès available too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In Response to Re: Y not trade a couple of seconds to denver for brandon marshall and guarantee a trip to the super bowl as you work out the kinks?:
    [QUOTE]man, some of u have such a short memory and so self-righteous. yep, randy moss AND dante stallworth were both commonly regarded as LOWLIFES at around the time they came to the pats. how did that turn out? moss has been accused and known for smackg around his women and others' women (like the meter maid). gee, he's not a now that he has the patriots jersey on? fact is moss was never as bad as he was portrayed by the media. they always need the sensation stuff to sell papers. i m certain it is the same with marshall.  second, if marshall comes here it would be just for ONE year! bill rightfully will not pay him more than moss atleast before seeing him get through a season here. again, it would be like with MOSS. i think marshall can come here, be respected and show some professionalism in kind. the pats still have a strong lockerroom. who wil be a better role model than moss for marshall? two #2s for a motivated marshall is a STEAL! u then will have 2 of the top 5 receivers on the same field at the same times. add welker, u will have 3 of the top 10 receivers at all times. that equals to a ring esp when paired with the best QB in all of football! character my buttt! if the guy can play and show up for games and buy into your professionalism (mcdaniels has none), that 's all that matters! 
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

you want to give up a couple of seconds to rent a player for one year?  And you think this will guarantee a ring?  Gotta check the water where you are at man; I know you like to throw the pasta against te wall to see if it sticks, but in this case the water has not even reached the boiling point

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: Y not trade a couple of seconds to denver for brandon marshall and guarantee a trip to the super bowl as you work out the kinks?:
    [QUOTE]Because he is a piece of garbage that beats women, I'm all about winning. But there are a few things that are more important. I wouldn't have had a problem drafting a Randy Moss when he came out. Some drug use, a few minor legal run ins. To me, that's immaturity. Guys can, and do, grow up. I'm not a complete prude. But at some point you have to have some integrity and draw the line somewhere. Mine (and I'm betting the Kraft's) is at wife beaters, child molesters and rapists. Oh yeah, wannabe serial killers that get off on torturing and killing animals. Plus he wants a ton of money. Look at some of the second rounders around the league and on the Pats. They are way to valuable to give up to rent a player they don't need for one year. You can get round one talent and lock them in much cheaper. It seems to me the Pats might value 2nd rounders even more than first rounders. I would rather see Branch (if he becomes available) or even Marvin Harrison at the right price. But I think if Marvin were asking for a reasonable contract he would have a job by now. But the info about the Colts playbook and tendencies we could get out of him would be nice. Better yet, why don't you guys chillax and give Galloway a chance he was an elite receiver at one point and is still pretty good. And if he doesn't do the job, we have Nunn waiting on the practice squad. Good wide recievers are a dime a dozen. The league is chock full of them. I just don't see any point. The Pats would have to sign him to a long tem deal. If he wont play for the Broncos why would he play for the Pats. He should be out there auditioning for his next contract. Instead he's sulking like a two year old. And if he were to come to his senses and realize that his best chance at getting paid was to play out the year, he would look much better on the Broncos. Why would he want to come here a compete for balls with Randy Moss and Wes Welker when he can be the focal point of Denver's offense? No offense, but this trade idea just doesn't make sense on any level.      
    Posted by dafoe[/QUOTE]
    again, the big reason he is acting up right now is because of the socially retarded josh mcdaniels! he alienated his star QB and now has needlessly lost marshall. the guy has over 200 catches in 2 years, more than anyone else in the game. he is a top 5 guy in this league at receiver. given a choice to come and play for a year without franchise tag risk with tom brady throwg to him and a belichik doing the coachg and a moss to learn from and compliment him, or stayg in denver with god know who throwg to u and immature josh calling the shots, i believe marshall like stallworth (also a presumed hothead at the time) would make the same choice! he really hates mcdaniels and the whole organizatn at this point. fans willl be booing him. he can come here and get a fresh start and rebuild his value and reputation!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Y not trade a couple of seconds to denver for brandon marshall and guarantee a trip to the super bowl as you work out the kinks? : you want to give up a couple of seconds to rent a player for one year?  And you think this will guarantee a ring?  Gotta check the water where you are at man; I know you like to throw the pasta against te wall to see if it sticks, but in this case the water has not even reached the boiling point
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Look, it should be clear the Pats are not going to trade for Marshall, let alone 2 seconds or anything like that for a guy who clearly wants to get paid reasonably well (that the Pats simply don't need w/r to moving the ball)... I mean, short of getting him for some form of crazy low-ball deal that you know some other team would have easily countered.

I actually don't blame (Marshall) him for some of his actions. That is the system we are in. Point being, if you are good enough, you can pull that 'Marshall Plan' off. He *is* good enough to do it, because he clearly knows someone else will take a chance on him at some point. He's very young, still 3-4 years away from typical WR-prime (27-32), and we know there are at least 3-4 teams that probably could use dominant WR to be over the top successful (think any team in the NFC East for starters).

Regardless, I think Marshall's off the field reputation seems to cloud just how dominant a WR he really *can* be... That 'baby TO' stuff isn't that far off the mark...  just consider who he had throwing to him and the other 'weapons' on Denver's teams these past few years... he really was the key to that offense... gets targeted as much as anyone, and everyone knows it is going to him.... I think that is always the way of separating the elite from the second tier... that is, guys out there can get consistently doubled and still catch 100 passes / dominate... sorta like making your own shot in basketball...  If he wasn't so horrible off the field, he is easily in that class of guys like Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald, Wayne, Moss, maybe Jennings/Colston... and he is younger than all of those guys as best as I can tell...  Don't forget that.. Besides, many of the above have also had injury 'history' too...

I'm sure people can look this up, but I'd guess his year 2 and year 3 are pretty high up there w/r to historical WRs, too.. e.g., maybe he's no Moss or Rice, but he's really been a legit #1 WR for 2 of his first 3 seasons near as I can figure...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Why do guys insist on trying to bring low-lifes into the organization? First Vick, then TO, then this fool. We don't want or need the likes of brandon marshall in a Patriot uniform.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Actually, Terrell Owens has never been arrested for anything. Let's watch out on who we call a low life. Bieng a primadonna isn't what I would call a low life. 

Sections
Shortcuts