Y PEYTON IS NOT RETURNING TO THE COLTS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Y PEYTON IS NOT RETURNING TO THE COLTS!

my sources tell me mr. manning will NOT be paid his $28m to return to the colts. he will not be starting this season for them. hmmmm, y is that? if they sign him, the cap hit is $17m, if they release him, its $16m. peyton seems healthy. he's been throwing very well and far with some velocity. he certainly will be ready to start the season for someone. if they re-sign him, they can still draft mr. luck or put him up for bids.. if rg3 is worth 2 ones and 2 twos, what will luck be worth? or they could put a healthy peyton out there. redskins have been losing revenue and not selling out anymore as before. they need buzz and wins. you want to sign kyle orton and put your faith there? they could technically do both and send 2 twos (one conditional based on peyton's health the first year) and a 3,4,5 and a 7 over the next 2 years. there will  be serious competition with the jets, dolphins, jax and arizona for his services.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: Y PEYTON IS NOT RETURNING TO THE COLTS!

MY SOURCES per usual were right (in principle)... to a point. we assumed initially he would be picked up but TRADED. that clearly is what irsay initially wanted but as theiy will reveal at their joint press conference tomorrow, peyton's people asked mr. irsay if he really likes him and wants to do hm a solid, he would keep his $28m and let him pick his own future from scratch. this was a mutual decision and was finalized very recently! its a win-win, now luck has certainty as well. see ya reggie wayne and likely pierre garcon, sure both will be in to foxboro for a look-see!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I wonder whether Wayne and/or Garcon will want to follow Peyton. Certainly that would be good for Manning. But ti would also be very smart for whoever goes after him. Both because he will have someone who he works well with but also because those guys can help the rest of the O and especially WRs get in synch quicker.

I would not be surprised to see one of them follow him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Re: Y PEYTON IS NOT RETURNING TO THE COLTS!:
    [QUOTE]I wonder whether Wayne and/or Garcon will want to follow Peyton. Certainly that would be good for Manning. But ti would also be very smart for whoever goes after him. Both because he will have someone who he works well with but also because those guys can help the rest of the O and especially WRs get in synch quicker. I would not be surprised to see one of them follow him.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]great point. thats y he's going to WASHINGTON. makes the most sense for that. great compatible coach plus they need receivers. they could bring both those guys in.  plus the coach is the gm and they have a pretty solid defense. then again, he'll have to face his bro in the same division. oh well... for wild card, i think you must san fran in there and they too need a playmaking receiver plus they have lots of cap room a killer defense. i guess this is bye to the alex smith era. joh harbaugh and peyton make a pretty combustible but compatible combo. plus i like irony with luck taking over his old spot, y not have luck's old ball coach. i just don't get the zona connection. then again, for a real galaxial wild card i would add the baltimore ravens! jim caldwell is there and i'm sure he's lobbying right now. they could trade flacco to san fran and get some picks instead. cam cameron can be bought out in a heartbeat as they run the colts offense and bring in a wayne. they need some wr help. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

SF fans would love to have a Manning caliber QB but I dont see it happening.  Harbough has stated on numerous occasions that Alex Smith is his man.  If the niners were to get a great QB they would be the Super Bowl favorites in 2012/2013.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

My thoughts are that Payton will try to find a dome team to play for.  Going  to Miami or New York he would be exposed to nasty weather and I don't think that's what he's about.  Would Arizona or Seattle be interested?  There shouldn't be a lack of bidders that's for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

For the Colts to have been able to trade Manning, they would have had to pay the $28 MM, which means a trade would put the full amount on their current cap.  This was never going to happen.

Sections
Shortcuts