Ya know what's nice?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ya know what's nice?

Watching the other team's offense go to the line on a passing down and seeing some trepidation in their face instead of a smile or watching them licking their chops.

It's been too long since we could actually feel good about the D being on the field and have a sense that they won't only get a stop, but might well just dig the hole a bit deeper for the bad guys. Used to be we just worried whether the damage would be catastrophic or barely manageable.

It's nice to have that feeling back. I just hope it's for real.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Ya know what's nice?

So the D was catastrophic in the playoffs last year?

I agree that the Defense looks much better and they can even be called a potent force at this point, but let's not exaggerate on how 'poor' our defense was last year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Exactly. The QB's used to sit there and ask...how do you want me to punch you in the face? Do you want me to throw it over your head or just between the safeties? Maybe I can just methodically pass between your linebackers for 7-10 yards a pop till we get to the endzone? Do you mind if I just sit here happy behind the line and then end up just throwing it to one of the two guys I have open with no defender within 20 yards? I'll tell you what - I have all day here behind the line to think this through, so I'll figure it out by myself.

It looked different Monday night and it has been building for a few weeks, but Monday at least it was against a decent offense. I will say Houston peed their pants and Schaub played like garbage, but hopefully that was more to do with us. I hope this is not a mirage, but I'm starting to feel more confident in this defense than I have in three years. Chung has met his rightfull place on the bench and there are some guys in the secondary that look like real football players. Who knows?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree that the Defense looks much better and they can even be called a potent force at this point, but let's not exaggerate on how 'poor' our defense was last year.

[/QUOTE]

I would call a D that could't get off the field in the SB to save their life, couldn't get a single turnover, took a mind-numbingly stupid 12 man penalty to allow 7 points, took an equally mind-numbingly stupid offsides penalty at a crucial juncture and folded like a broken chinese lawn chair in the last minutes - pretty much a catastrophe. And the rest of the objective world out there thinks the same.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Exactly. The QB's used to sit there and ask...how do you want me to punch you in the face? Do you want me to throw it over your head or just between the safeties? Maybe I can just methodically pass between your linebackers for 7-10 yards a pop till we get to the endzone? Do you mind if I just sit here happy behind the line and then end up just throwing it to one of the two guys I have open with no defender within 20 yards? I'll tell you what - I have all day here behind the line to think this through, so I'll figure it out by myself.

It looked different Monday night and it has been building for a few weeks, but Monday at least it was against a decent offense. I will say Houston peed their pants and Schaub played like garbage, but hopefully that was more to do with us. I hope this is not a mirage, but I'm starting to feel more confident in this defense than I have in three years. Chung has met his rightfull place on the bench and there are some guys in the secondary that look like real football players. Who knows?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the 6th ranked offense that we shut down completely on MNF is just 'decent.'  

Dude, do you ever give credit to the defense?  I normally enjoy most of your posts but my goodness gracious, even when you're trying to say positive things about the D you always seem to squeeze in a left-handed compliment.  It's OKAY to enjoy/support both sides of the ball, you know that, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Embarrassing.  You're a joke.  The pats lead the nfl in turnovers created 3 years in a row.

There is a strategy involved.  Now, bb can do more with more continuity, experience, depth and added talent.

The fact you two dumbos thought that could be cultivated overnighis embarrassing for you.  

[/QUOTE]

Know what I think is embarrassing? A guy that has fake accounts - that's embarrassing. I mean like sad embarrassing.

Please please don't mention strategies anymore - you don't even know what a QB looks like. You still think Patrick Chung is the reason we went to the Super Bowl last year. You still think Ocho (anyone want to meet me for 1/2 priced apps?) Cinco failed here because of Brady.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Embarrassing.  You're a joke.  The pats lead the nfl in turnovers created 3 years in a row.

There is a strategy involved.  Now, bb can do more with more continuity, experience, depth and added talent.

The fact you two dumbos thought that could be cultivated overnighis embarrassing for you.  

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, you are wrong. This defense came together once Talib could play tight press coverage with out S help, and McCourty could play S and keep plays in front of him, and make tackles. That all came to pass just a few games ago, which is literally over night. This in turn allowed more S QB pressure and sending the LB's to rush the passer more frequently...

Before the Talib/McCourty switch, BB had his hands tied as to what he could do on defense.

This defense is not a finished product and more talent is needed. Interior DLman must be drafted and LB depth should also be on deck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would call a D that could't get off the field in the SB to save their life, couldn't get a single turnover, took a mind-numbingly stupid 12 man penalty to allow 7 points, took an equally mind-numbingly stupid offsides penalty at a crucial juncture and folded like a broken chinese lawn chair in the last minutes - pretty much a catastrophe. And the rest of the objective world out there thinks the same.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  I'm pretty sure the 'rest of the objective world' claimed that the Number 1 ranked offense should have played better in the biggest game of the year.  Yes, the D made some boneheaded mistakes that negated the turnovers they forced.  That is more mental than the Defense being 'catastrophically bad.'  The blame for the loss should go EQUALLY on both sides of the ball, and coaching.  Jesus Christ.  

Also, weren't you the one to always aruge with Rusty that it doesn't matter when the team scores?  I seem to remember you always defending the offense by saying "regardless of when they scored, they still put up 35 points.  It doesn't matter if they score 35 in the first and none the rest of the way, they scored 35 points, etc."  Sooo, if it's okay for the offense to score early and often but go absent at the end of the game, how is it fair to critically judge the defense for letting up a score at the end if they held a good offense to 15 points throughout the game?  Hypocricy at its finest, Babe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

The fact you two dumbos thought that could be cultivated overnigh is embarrassing for you.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you came in for your daily whipping junior. It's exactly the therapy you need. Progress is akin to continental drift, but we will endeavor to persevere despite the futility your denseness presents - because it's not only fun, it's helping our fellow man. And if anybody ever needed help, it's you.

You are as dense as they come. BB DID do this virtually overnight. He threw nearly his entire draft at defense, then went out and signed a bad boy DB to shove a finger in the dike. He has a DRASTICALLY different defense than the one you pronounced "rebuilt" nearly 2 years ago. LMAO@U

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the 6th ranked offense that we shut down completely on MNF is just 'decent.'  

Dude, do you ever give credit to the defense?  I normally enjoy most of your posts but my goodness gracious, even when you're trying to say positive things about the D you always seem to squeeze in a left-handed compliment.  It's OKAY to enjoy/support both sides of the ball, you know that, right?

[/QUOTE]

C'mon, you're not Rusty? You got to be...have to.

I DO support both sides of the ball - I watch the games - I root for this team. I tore my pants off when Welker dropped that pass in the Super Bowl - literally. Had to leave the party. It was a reflex thing...my hand was on the bottom of my pant leg and when the ball dropped I just lifted my arms up without releasing the pant...boom, gone. Sad really.

It's not a matter of support, it's just a matter of telling it like it is - they are playing better and I hope it's for real. I wish it's for real and maybe it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

C'mon, you're not Rusty? You got to be...have to.

I DO support both sides of the ball - I watch the games - I root for this team. I tore my pants off when Welker dropped that pass in the Super Bowl - literally. Had to leave the party. It was a reflex thing...my hand was on the bottom of my pant leg and when the ball dropped I just lifted my arms up without releasing the pant...boom, gone. Sad really.

It's not a matter of support, it's just a matter of telling it like it is - they are playing better and I hope it's for real. I wish it's for real and maybe it is.

[/QUOTE]

Come on, dude.  Enough of the Rusty accusations.  If it'd make you sleep better at night I'll even take Babe's little "I'm not Rusty mrah mrah" Test.

Stick to talking football and enough of labeling everybody Rusty because they challenge your premise.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no they don't.  A closely contested well played lower scoring sb game doesn't mean only ne's d was a catastrophe.  Twenty million at qb tossed the worst int of his career to hand momentum back in the 4th.  Eli outplayed brady.

That is a catastrophe since eli can't hold brady's jock.

[/QUOTE]

$20 mil at QB got you a 100 PR up to the hail mary drive the defensive collapse forced on him.

Go find me some links praising last year's defense schnook.

Brady would have scored 40+ points on our D.

Eli underachieved despite gutting them for the win at the ENDGAME. LMAO@U

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

what would be nice is if you would stop making threads like this because this argument has been going on for too damn long and you know a thread like this was just going to pour gasoline on the fire.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The fact you two dumbos thought that could be cultivated overnigh is embarrassing for you.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you came in for your daily whipping junior. It's exactly the therapy you need. Progress is akin to continental drift, but we will endeavor to persevere despite the futility your denseness presents - because it's not only fun, it's helping our fellow man. And if anybody ever needed help, it's you.

You are as dense as they come. BB DID do this virtually overnight. He threw nearly his entire draft at defense, then went out and signed a bad boy DB to shove a finger in the dike. He has a DRASTICALLY different defense than the one you pronounced "rebuilt" nearly 2 years ago. LMAO@U

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!! Well put. This defense changed because of Talib and a aggressive nature towards the draft this year to change the fortunes of this defense. Things don't take 4 years to improve in the NFL - in fact things change overnight with injuries, free agent signings, drafts, trades...it's the most fluid roster in ALL of sports and teams change very very quickly. Unless you have a good QB - then you have the chance to be good for a long time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It felt nice having confidence in the Defense again, thanks Aqib for being the piece that brought it all together......now keep it up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

Bingo!! Well put. This defense changed because of Talib and a aggressive nature towards the draft this year to change the fortunes of this defense. Things don't take 4 years to improve in the NFL - in fact things change overnight with injuries, free agent signings, drafts, trades...it's the most fluid roster in ALL of sports and teams change very very quickly. Unless you have a good QB - then you have the chance to be good for a long time.

[/QUOTE]

I will disagree with you here.  Just because your fortunes appear to change overnight in the NFL does not mean they actually did.  A player like Talib can be the missing puzzle piece that leads to improved results, but you don't "finish the puzzle" without all of the other pieces.  A defense featuring Talib and 10 other JAGS would not be very good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

That 'catastrophic' defense got us into the super bowl and held the Giants to under their season scoring average. Babe who is a legend in his own mind will never admit that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what would be nice is if you would stop making threads like this because this argument has been going on for too damn long and you know a thread like this was just going to pour gasoline on the fire.

[/QUOTE]

Babe and Leon the Jets troll have this in common. They both need to parade around on this site to stroke their egos.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That 'catastrophic' defense got us into the super bowl and held the Giants to under their season scoring average. Babe who is a legend in his own mind will never admit that.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Really?  I'm pretty sure the 'rest of the objective world' claimed that the Number 1 ranked offense should have played better in the biggest game of the year.

[/QUOTE]

Show me some evidence that other than Pats' defense homers were saying such as that.

Sure, they running game was anemic. Lots of drops, especially Welker's huge one. But the offense had a fraction of the normal possessions because the D couldn't get off the field.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, Brady got us into the SB despite that catastrophic defense.

I admit the truth, not delusional homer BS.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will disagree with you here.  Just because your fortunes appear to change overnight in the NFL does not mean they actually did.  A player like Talib can be the missing puzzle piece that leads to improved results, but you don't "finish the puzzle" without all of the other pieces.  A defense featuring Talib and 10 other JAGS would not be very good.

[/QUOTE]

PCM, are you serious?!!?!? Talib has clearly changed every complexity/intricacy of this defense!! He has magically made Mayo, who previously SUCKED, into an elite LB, he has also given McCourty the gift of a 6th sense to where he knows exactly where the ball is going to go (he never had field awareness or athleticism before) and he's also single-handedly made BB into a better coach.  If it weren't for Talib, BB would go down as the worst coach of all-time for ruining Brady's last years.  

ALL HAIL TALIB

Sections
Shortcuts