Yahoo Says..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yahoo Says..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wes Welker is the number 1 underpaud player in the NFL.

1. Wes Welker
    Position: Wide Receiver, New England Patriots
    2011 salary: $2.15 million
    Weekly paycheck: $127,647

Welker has pulled in 72 receptions for 1,006 yards receiving to go along with six touchdowns thus far this season.

Followed by Rodgers, Foster, Mike Wallace and Forte. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-cnbc-nfl_most_underpaid_players_welker_111811

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Yahoo Says..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow 2.5 mil...ocho is making 3x that for 11 catches...smh

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

what do you think welker would do on any other team? not nearly as well methinks.
    the pats should franchise him but it would be a mistake to give him a big multi-year contract

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is exactly how contracts work.  Both sides agree to terms, Pats pay Welker, Welker plays for Pats.  Whats to not like?  Both felt like the terms were fair when the contract was signed.  I believe Welker gets taken care of when his contract expires.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wouldn't cry too much for Wes, he'll get his one way or another next year. Until then he'll have to get by on 127 thousand dollars a week. Poor guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Only $2M a year.  I'm sure the starving Somali Infant would shed a tear if only they wern't on the verge of death due to dehydration.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Really just shows what a class act he is, he has never once spoken out about his contract. He could easily have gone the Chris Johnson or Darrelle Revis route and been a crybaby, but he just continues to produce and be a team player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Have to admiit it would be hard to argue the point.In Response to Yahoo Says..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    Wes Welker is the number 1 underpaud player in the NFL. 1. Wes Welker Position: Wide Receiver, New England Patriots 2011 salary: $2.15 million Weekly paycheck: $127,647 Welker has pulled in 72 receptions for 1,006 yards receiving to go along with six touchdowns thus far this season. Followed by Rodgers, Foster, Mike Wallace and Forte.  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-cnbc-nfl_most_underpaid_players_welker_111811
    Posted by Getzo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Good for the Pats, not so for Welker-gotta love this guy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo Says..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    what do you think welker would do on any other team? not nearly as well methinks. the pats should franchise him but it would be a mistake to give him a big multi-year contract
    Posted by patthepatriot666

I'd argue that his value to other teams is largely irrelevant, the question for the Pats should be: Can we replace him?  I think the answer to that is an absolute, undeniable NO.  His value to the Patriots is enormous, and he should be paid in a manner that reflects that.  My 2c.  No reason why a fair deal can't be struck, the relationship between the Pats and Wes is obviously of mutual benefit, maybe things get a bit contentious like they did with Wilfork, but I can't imagine they let him walk.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

What is the franchise tag for a WR? Around $10M, I would assume. 

I wonder if the Patriots want to go down this road again. After that the "stuff" with Mankins he still ended up being the highest paid interior lineman in the NFL. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Rodgers is actually the most underpaid. His next contract will hamstring the Packers and make it much more difficult to dominate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Rodgers is actually the most underpaid. His next contract will hamstring the Packers and make it much more difficult to dominate.
    Posted by BabeParilli

When you comb over their roster, two things jump out at me
    1. Alot of home grown, relatively young talent
    2. The point you just made, they're playing on borrowed time with Rodgers being underpaid for his ability, they won't be able to retain their proven players and coaches...It's specifically how the league is setup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Really just shows what a class act he is, he has never once spoken out about his contract. He could easily have gone the Chris Johnson or Darrelle Revis route and been a crybaby, but he just continues to produce and be a team player.
    Posted by FishTaco64

Agree here.  He took a HUGE risk last year coming back and playing like that on a bad knee, he still went across the middle like nothing happened.  PAY HIM.  He outplayed that contract after the first 3 months

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

what do you think welker would do on any other team? not nearly as well methinks. the pats should franchise him but it would be a mistake to give him a big multi-year contract
    Posted by patthepatriot666

The Pats signed Welker because he killed them when he was with Miami. There are many teams with QB's who would love a guy like Welker for short passes across the middle for first downs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Pats need him. But will not pay big bucks to keep him. How would he look as a Jet? He would make Sanchize look good

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

The little big man.  Love Welker.  Pound-for-pound, more football player than any other cleated guy on the field.  Blocking, catching, fielding punts if needed, taking big hits, giving it his all, play after play.  A clutch guy.  I don't think he is replaceable.  I do think a few other teams would find him as "handy."  Green Bay has a quarterback that would make him seem unstoppable, but they have very good wideouts, so the need isn't really there.  Same with NO and maybe ATL.  Trouble with most teams is that the quarterback isn't capable of getting it into the tight window that opens and closes fast with Welker's route-running.  He's quick, but not all that fast.  Maybe worth 7 mill a year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

wow 2.5 mil...ocho is making 3x that for 11 catches...smh
    Posted by redsoxfan94

Actually, Ocho makes less than 3/4s of that. I'm no math-wiz, but Ocho is only making 1 mill this year. 

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts