Yahoo sports rumors says the Pats are trading Thomas.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

Yahoo sports rumors says the Pats are trading Thomas.

Wow! Something big is about to happen!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: Yahoo sports rumors says the Pats are trading Thomas.

I'll be surprised if anything big happens. But here's to hoping...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo sports rumors says the Pats are trading Thomas.:
    I'll be surprised if anything big happens. But here's to hoping...
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST

Is there a link?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo sports rumors says the Pats are trading Thomas. : Is there a link?
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Here you go!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Patriots-trading-two-time-Pro-Bowl-linebacker-Th;_ylt=At8awud_TpE5x5uBb8iMSxZDubYF?urn=nfl,197035

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeachRooster. Show BeachRooster's posts

Here is the link:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/top/rumors

(Vague)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Patriots-trading-two-time-Pro-Bowl-linebacker-Th;_ylt=AmogOH8wHRDkhoYqrrxzXjFDubYF?urn=nfl,197035

Nothing more than the idle speculation we have seen thus far.

Trading AT would result in a massive cap hit. NE would be on the hook for all of his bonus. His cap fig for 2009 would be close to $14mil.

AFAIK, there is no way around that fact either, because I don't think another team can voluntarily assume part of his prorated bonus payments, as they are already paid.

In essence, NE has an untradeable contract with Thomas. Frankly, I think the sit down was behavior based.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo sports rumors says the Pats are trading Thomas. : Here you go! http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Patriots-trading-two-time-Pro-Bowl-linebacker-Th;_ylt=At8awud_TpE5x5uBb8iMSxZDubYF?urn=nfl ,197035
    Posted by falline

This link is dead for me...  Anyone still have it open and can relate what it said?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo sports rumors says the Pats are trading Thomas. : This link is dead for me...  Anyone still have it open and can relate what it said?
    Posted by Payment84

Copy and paste the link. It has a comma in it, which is throwing the forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

It doesn't say that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

It doesn't say that.
    Posted by Caesar1177

Caesar

You are right, but if it is rumored it is usally because somebody knows something, it isn't real until its a done deal. The point is somebody is talking...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo sports rumors says the Pats are trading Thomas. : Caesar You are right, but if it is rumored it is usally because somebody knows something, it isn't real until its a done deal. The point is somebody is talking...
    Posted by falline

It now makes sense that A. Thomas was held out of last weeks game.  To keep him from getting hurt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Okay even though 90% of that link is right 10% is false The reason the pats kept AT out was beacuse they thought he didnt match up well against them and he only practiced on friday (non injury related) The pats are not going to trade him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

i know its a long shot but what if we got curry or orakpo for him? it would make up for this blown draft which had so many great LBs to choose from and we came away with none!!! but i will say that if in 2011 the raiders pick is a top 10 we should get Dez Braynt!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/20/patriots-moves-spark-speculation/

I have been looking day in day out for the past two days and i found this to be the most intresting i think this suits every pats fan out there

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Speculation and more speculation and ones thoughts are just as valid as the others so here's mine. A. Thomas for Jackson of the Rams. Don't be surprised if BB doesn't include a high draft choice. There may be more than a one for one but multiple players may be involved especially with all the manuvering thats occuring. I'm somewhat concerned that Hoyer may be involved and that BB showcased his ability Sunday. I hope not but???? The Jackson trade makes sense as the lid has been sealed on the condition of Morris' injury plus should Maroney as has been his history becomes injured the Pats' would be down to two RBs Faulk and BJGE. Its Jackson IMO.
    Hopefully not Branch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

Speculation and more speculation and ones thoughts are just as valid as the others so here's mine. A. Thomas for Jackson of the Rams. Don't be surprised if BB doesn't include a high draft choice. There may be more than a one for one but multiple players may be involved especially with all the manuvering thats occuring. I'm somewhat concerned that Hoyer may be involved and that BB showcased his ability Sunday. I hope not but???? The Jackson trade makes sense as the lid has been sealed on the condition of Morris' injury plus should Maroney as has been his history becomes injured the Pats' would be down to two RBs Faulk and BJGE. Its Jackson IMO. Hopefully not Branch.
    Posted by sonieboy

Steven Jackson-RB-RamsOct. 20 - 12:47 pm et
    Peter King reiterated that Steven Jackson will not be traded Tuesday.
    There are some ridiculous rumors out there that the Patriots are making a play for S-Jax. That's not going to happen. He's the entire Rams' franchise and the Patriots couldn't fit him under the salary cap.
    Source: Peter King on Twitter

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Speculation and more speculation and ones thoughts are just as valid as the others so here's mine. A. Thomas for Jackson of the Rams. Don't be surprised if BB doesn't include a high draft choice. There may be more than a one for one but multiple players may be involved especially with all the manuvering thats occuring. I'm somewhat concerned that Hoyer may be involved and that BB showcased his ability Sunday. I hope not but???? The Jackson trade makes sense as the lid has been sealed on the condition of Morris' injury plus should Maroney as has been his history becomes injured the Pats' would be down to two RBs Faulk and BJGE. Its Jackson IMO. Hopefully not Branch.
    Posted by sonieboy

Why would the Rams trade their best player straight up for an underachieving LB? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

This whole concept is crazy.  First of all, the Yahoo article references the Boston Globe which only speculated he might be traded based on Belichick's vague explanation for Sunday's healthy scratch.  Second, why would they trade for Steven Jackson?  With two Rb's injured right now we still have two solid backs and I think they gained a bit of confidence in Maroney Sunday.  It's not happening.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The Bruins are trading Tim Thomas???  YES!!  Oh, the Pats...? Nevermind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

This reminds me of something similar to what Theo did with Manny the first time he put him on waivers and nobody wanted him at his price. This might be BB saying we tried to trade you, but nobody wanted you at your price.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

This reminds me of something similar to what Theo did with Manny the first time he put him on waivers and nobody wanted him at his price. This might be BB saying we tried to trade you, but nobody wanted you at your price.
    Posted by futbal

Adalius hasn't been put on waivers so a team would still need to trade/give something up for him and pay his salary.

Manny was free for the taking, all you had to do was pay his salary.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eeadams33. Show eeadams33's posts

In Response to Yahoo sports rumors says the Pats are trading Thomas.:
    Wow! Something big is about to happen!
    Posted by falline

Round and Round we go....

The Yahoo Sports story uses the Boston.com story "Patriots Doubting Thomas" as the source of their report...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Patriots-trading-two-time-Pro-Bowl-linebacker-Th;_ylt=Ar6VJOLwVAL0dCQv9fPNn9ZDubYF?urn=nfl,197035

Come on... Can we have some real reporting here, just not repeating someone elses story with a different headline??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Alright with 2 hours left in the day and no big hints indicatding that there is going to be a trade for the pats dont be expecting one adam schefter said there wont be any for the pats so get off that topic

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

please re read zbellino comments above. he hit the nail on the head. AD's salary cap hit if traded is 14million....AD is cannot be traded due to the salary cap...his salary is not the only issue factored...his bonus is also factored

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Patriots-trading-two-time-Pro-Bowl-linebacker-Th;_ylt=AmogOH8wHRDkhoYqrrxzXjFDubYF?urn=nfl ,197035 Nothing more than the idle speculation we have seen thus far. Trading AT would result in a massive cap hit. NE would be on the hook for all of his bonus. His cap fig for 2009 would be close to $14mil. AFAIK, there is no way around that fact either, because I don't think another team can voluntarily assume part of his prorated bonus payments, as they are already paid. In essence, NE has an untradeable contract with Thomas. Frankly, I think the sit down was behavior based.
    Posted by zbellino

Looks like zbellino hit the nail on the head.

Sections
Shortcuts