Yahoo Story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Yahoo Story

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqbRfr00PO8tg3uW9vOHCnhDubYF?slug=ys-chff-epic_fail_patriots_defense_120511

Doesn't seem like no matter what the Patriots do, especially having a 9-3 record  is enough for some in the media to realize that they don't decide the game by who gives up the most yardage, the only thing that matters is the Scoreboard. All the Patriots do is win!... Isn't that what really matters?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Yahoo Story

In Response to Yahoo Story:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqbRfr00PO8tg3uW9vOHCnhDubYF?slug=ys-chff-epic_fail_patriots_defense_120511 Doesn't seem like no matter what the Patriots do, especially having a 9-3 record  is enough for some in the media to realize that they don't decide the game by who gives up the most yardage, the only thing that matters is the Scoreboard. All the Patriots do is win!... Isn't that what really matters?
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

It's a lot like people denying Rothlisberger is a leading QB.  I don't like his rep, but the guy makes things happen and is hard to sack.  He killed the Pats this year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqbRfr00PO8tg3uW9vOHCnhDubYF?slug=ys-chff-epic_fail_patriots_defense_120511 Doesn't seem like no matter what the Patriots do, especially having a 9-3 record  is enough for some in the media to realize that they don't decide the game by who gives up the most yardage, the only thing that matters is the Scoreboard. All the Patriots do is win!... Isn't that what really matters?
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

Too many fantasy football fans out there............

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

lol is this a joke?? the pats went to the prevent defense and were very loose in the 4th just trying not to give up big plays.. its garbage time who cares how many yards they give up in garbage time

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

people hate it when someone succeeds via a different path/formula. they do not like it whe their wisdom is challenged

you can't have a good d if you give up a lot of yards
    you can't be a winning nfl qb if you run the option many times in a game
    you can't be a deep threat if you don't have elite speed
    you can't win a championship if you don't have elite playmakers on d

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

This guy must really like the Pats.... it's pretty obvious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

it looks like hes from mass or something i couldnt tell though

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Posted by Steelcurtain75

Good find as usual SteelCurtain...And YOU know, just as your fanbase knows, and The Pittsburgh players also just- Know (as Chrisakawoody points out)...

"Sure, the Patriots won the Week 13 battle, with a 31-24 victory.

But the 9-3 Patriots have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl war in February – not with a Mickey Mouse pass defense and a fourth-rate secondary that Belichick has cobbled together from free agents, bad draft picks, former college quarterbacks, current wide receivers and pixie dust."

Luckily for the supremely wise author here, The Patriots don't even have to win a Superbowl this year (they can't anyway though, right?).  NE doesn't need a SB trophy this season, because we're too busy shining up our 2 trophies from 2007 and 2010, the years when The Pats simply steamrolled anyone and everyone during the regular season by going 16 and 0, and 14 and 2, Which inevitably led to our 2 Lombardi Trophies from winning The Superbowl both seasons... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hahaha, these things crack me up.  Such a bad defense yet tied with the best record in the AFC.  It's funny how GB's crappy defense doesn't get the heat that the Patriots D gets. 

Only one way to quiet the critics and that is to win the SB.  If the Patriots don't then all the criticism is fair game, no way they give an ounce of credit to BB for doing so much with so little.  If they happen to win it all these hack reports will pile on about something else.  It's a no win situation.  I guess thats expected when you have a legend for a QB and coach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the pats defense isnt that bad for having all these injuries, id say being in the top 10 in points allowed with your whole defensive backfield shot, is pretty impressive

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

had the pats taken the 4th qtr more seriously, pats would ahve taken time off the clock and would ahve been tougher to score against, based on the d's performance in the first 3 qtrs. let's just say they scored 1 TD instead of 3. pats would have brought their pts given up per game to 19.67 - seventh best in the league.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think they consider a sound D as an important factor in playoff football and don't see our D as all that sound despite the red zone heroics during the regular season.

Maybe they are thinking about the 28 points a weak jets O put up in last year's playoffs.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I remember when Pats fans were happy just to have the Pats win the game. Now, with the advent of fantasy football, they all want to give "style points".

Gawd I hate fantasy football, it destroys true fan bases.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would at least like to see this defense tested. The last time I can remember them going against a good QB was against Roethlisberger and he torched us. Eli is Eli... I don't know what to make of him. He is great one game and garbage the next but the offense put the team ahead and the defense choked.

This defense has faced QBs that shouldn't be starting on any NFL team. They are backups and played like backups. I'm glad the defense stepped up and the Patriots won the game, but I'm not going to make much of it against JV quarterbacks. They aren't going to face another good QB during the rest of the regular season and that scares me. Sure, Moore has been playing well and Fitzpatrick has been ok lately.  I just wish they could have played one of the top passing teams late this year so we could see if the defense really improved as much as some believe they have.

I honestly think the pass defense will be exposed again in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong, but I do. I think the team does have the talent (mostly offensive and coaching) to make the superbowl with their current personnel and the state of the AFC; I don't think they can beat the Packers or Saints if they were to play them in the big game.

Now it's late and I'm going to bed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo Story:
    lol is this a joke?? the pats went to the prevent defense and were very loose in the 4th just trying not to give up big plays.. its garbage time who cares how many yards they give up in garbage time
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

Actually in the 4th we were still in man and was still blitzing and rushing the QB. But, we didn't have a number of starters including Wilfork on the field in the 4th

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would at least like to see this defense tested. The last time I can remember them going against a good QB was against Roethlisberger and he torched us. Eli is Eli... I don't know what to make of him. He is great one game and garbage the next but the offense put the team ahead and the defense choked. This defense has faced QBs that shouldn't be starting on any NFL team. They are backups and played like backups. I'm glad the defense stepped up and the Patriots won the game, but I'm not going to make much of it against JV quarterbacks. They aren't going to face another good QB during the rest of the regular season and that scares me. Sure, Moore has been playing well and Fitzpatrick has been ok lately.  I just wish they could have played one of the top passing teams late this year so we could see if the defense really improved as much as some believe they have. I honestly think the pass defense will be exposed again in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong, but I do. I think the team does have the talent (mostly offensive and coaching) to make the superbowl with their current personnel and the state of the AFC; I don't think they can beat the Packers or Saints if they were to play them in the big game. Now it's late and I'm going to bed.
    Posted by magicalhobo

Ditto. The best offense NE has faced this year is the 9th ranked Jets. 

The scary thing, to me, about the NE defense is that while it's had its ups and downs, they've come a against a weak defensive schedule.

Both the Texans and Ravens score points in bunches, and on the other side, GB and NO have offenses that are every bit as good as NE's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Posted by Steelcurtain75

Amazing the focus of some media pundits regarding the Pats.  Look at the Saints and the Packers...surprisingly they are not that far behind the Pats, but, does the media say anything about them?  Of course not!  The Packers are still undefeated even though their defense gives up gobs of yards while the Saints are wowing everyone, albeit at home, with their offense.  Whether the Pats, Saints or Packers win the SB, each of these three teams do not have that dominating defense everyone speaks about as being the key to win in the playoffs. The new formula: We are going to score to death on ya and try to keep up!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo Story : Ditto. The best offense NE has faced this year is the 9th ranked Jets.  The scary thing, to me, about the NE defense is that while it's had its ups and downs, they've come a against a weak defensive schedule. Both the Texans and Ravens score points in bunches, and on the other side, GB and NO have offenses that are every bit as good as NE's.
    Posted by zbellino

C'mon...you just don't understand! Vince Young and Dan Orlovsky throwing for nearly 800 yards the last two weeks don't mean a thing.  It was all garbage time.

I mean, they'll be able to hold Brees or Rodgers to under 600, don't you think?Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reloadedagent31. Show Reloadedagent31's posts

I would at least like to see this defense tested. The last time I can remember them going against a good QB was against Roethlisberger and he torched us. Eli is Eli... I don't know what to make of him. He is great one game and garbage the next but the offense put the team ahead and the defense choked. This defense has faced QBs that shouldn't be starting on any NFL team. They are backups and played like backups. I'm glad the defense stepped up and the Patriots won the game, but I'm not going to make much of it against JV quarterbacks. They aren't going to face another good QB during the rest of the regular season and that scares me. Sure, Moore has been playing well and Fitzpatrick has been ok lately.  I just wish they could have played one of the top passing teams late this year so we could see if the defense really improved as much as some believe they have. I honestly think the pass defense will be exposed again in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong, but I do. I think the team does have the talent (mostly offensive and coaching) to make the superbowl with their current personnel and the state of the AFC; I don't think they can beat the Packers or Saints if they were to play them in the big game. Now it's late and I'm going to bed.
    Posted by magicalhobo

Had they played for the entire 60 minutes, I bet the headline would still criticize them for running up the score. Instead, we have these 'analysts' who know what it takes to win the Superbowl. Of course they can beat the Packers and Saints. Have you looked at their defensive stats? Very similar to the Patriots. It works both ways. New England has the same likelihood of dropping 30+ points on those teams. It's strange there aren't any critiques on their defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I don't care about stats. What I'm saying is that the defense hasn't really been tested this year. We have no way of knowing how they will play against a team like the Packers or the Saints because they have played garbage QBs this year. The best QBs they have played are Eli and Roethlisberger and the team lost both of those games. Roethlisberger threw at will in the Pitt game and owned ToP, while Eli marched down the field in the final minute of the Giants game to win. The defense didn't come up big in either of those and those are the teams we are going to see in the playoffs. We aren't going to see Orlovsky, Palko, Young, etc.

It scares me that this defense hasn't been tested due to a cupcake schedule. The offense sure has been tested, but not the defense. People are getting way too worked up over their defensive accomplishments against garbage QBs. That was Palko's first start. Do you really think the defense was going to have a terrible game? Vince young had a couple TDs dropped in the Eagles game and threw for 400 yards. Orlovsky was meh, but come one. The offenses this team has played have been garbage. I just don't think the D has improved as much as everyone seems to think.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

just a bunch of yahoos that don't watch the games, they look at the box scores on monday morning and make their analysis of who is good and who isn't

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The Patriots defense forces every team to be one-dimensional.

Sections
Shortcuts