Yes or No: Kevin Burnett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Yes or No: Kevin Burnett

I know it might be late to some, but should the Patriots maybe bring in the 9-year veteran (Will be 10-year if signed by a new team this season) Kevin Burnett? Every team Kevin Burnett has played for in the Cowboys, Chargers, Dolphins, and Raiders, he's been productive and Burnett has not missed a game since 2010. Burnett plays the run well and unlike Brandon Spikes, Kevin Burnett can cover real well. In my opinion, Kevin Burnett is that kind of player that goes under the radar in a way because he doesn't get noticed. Coach Belichick is known for bringing in free agents for a tryout no matter what position on offense, defense, and special teams. Whatever your take is on this, say what you feel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: Yes or No: Kevin Burnett

Sounds good to me. It would be a good depth signing and Anderson didn't look too good the other night and Hightower is a BUM who can't cover my grandmother!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

nothing wrong w/ additional LB depth, but would prefer seeing better players at DE/DL, OL, and/or TE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

I don't see why BB doesn't just try out Hightower at DE and stop this OLB experiment. He is no good at covering. He HAS to be a better pass rusher

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Can this guy play anymore? How did he do last year? I imagine that if he is still sitting around as a free, he probably didn't play well last year and can't run anymore. 

I agree though, the guy had a nice career...solid player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Can this guy play anymore? How did he do last year? I imagine that if he is still sitting around as a free, he probably didn't play well last year and can't run anymore. 

I agree though, the guy had a nice career...solid player.

Kevin Burnett was cut for salary cap reasons. He started every game for the Raiders last year and put up solid numbers across the board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:

I don't see why BB doesn't just try out Hightower at DE and stop this OLB experiment. He is no good at covering. He HAS to be a better pass rusher

I heard that Hightower was a probowler in the making.  It was just so unfair that BB made a first round pick play another position so early in his career.  Never mind the fact that Coples moved from DE to LB and had 4 X as many sacks as Hightower, Donta makde Jeff Cumberland look like Gronk (from a few years back when he played in games).

Sections
Shortcuts