Yes or No: Patriots should sign Shaun Phillips

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Yes or No: Patriots should sign Shaun Phillips

Should the Patriots take a look at the long-time Charger who (as we all know) played with Denver last year? You can't have enough pass rushers and Shaun Phillips is a proven pass rusher and solid all-around football player. Adding Shaun Phillips with Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich, that could be the best trio of pass rushers the Patriots have had in a long time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Yes or No: Patriots should sign Shaun Phillips

If it's short money, sure.  They can't have Jones and Nink taking as many snaps as they did last year.  You have to think the LB/OLB/DE positions will be addressed at some point.  Maybe a guy like Buchanan can step up, but I'd feel better if a vet was in camp. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

I would say no.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

maybe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to millergrnv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Should the Patriots take a look at the long-time Charger who (as we all know) played with Denver last year? You can't have enough pass rushers and Shaun Phillips is a proven pass rusher and solid all-around football player. Adding Shaun Phillips with Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich, that could be the best trio of pass rushers the Patriots have had in a long time.

[/QUOTE]

He is pretty much done. Would be effective in a strictly 3rd down role so I would say for vet minimun, bring in him. We aint gonna land Allen and Peppers is gone so this is it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

He is pretty much done. Would be effective in a strictly 3rd down role so I would say for vet minimun, bring in him. We aint gonna land Allen and Peppers is gone so this is it

He had double-digit sacks last year, so I don't know how you can make the assertion that he's "pretty much done". For the right price, it could be a good move. Robert Ayers is a younger option. Ayers is a former first round pick, who was previously drafted by Josh McDaniels. So...Josh should be familiar with him.

Ayers is scheduled to visit the Bengals: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/17/robert-ayers-to-meet-with-bengals/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Maybe, not sure he's a better pass rusher than Nink, would rather give Buchanon a shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kyle-Cleric. Show Kyle-Cleric's posts

Short money, cheap, yes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Maybe, not sure he's a better pass rusher than Nink, would rather give Buchanon a shot.

Phillips, who turns 33 in May, has been durable...and has had two good seasons in a row. He'd appears to fit the bill as a situational pass-rusher, or to rotate in with Nink and Chandler Jones: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PhilSh20.htm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Why not?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

No...all used up...

So he'd be perfect for the hideously bad NY Jets!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Buchanon like Bequette are ok but they don't set the edge. So if Phillips is going to sign a team cap friendly deal sure!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

look but don't touch? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Phillips, who turns 3 in May, has been durable...and has had two good seasons in a row. He'd appears to fit the bill as a situational pass-rusher, or to rotate in with Nink and Chandler Jones: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PhilSh20.htm

Wow! I thought he was much older! Tongue Out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Id rather them sign Williams?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Just seems to me he was a non factor in game we played during the season. He is still young enough to want some dough. I would go with Idoneji. The DE out of Detroit if he has anything left.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Yes.

No.

Maybe,,,,

Could you repeat the question?