yes, the offense needs to step up but

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

yes, the offense needs to step up but

inexcusable taking 2 FGs inside the 10. actually sad. on 3rd and 2 i thought they should've pounded the ball twice. the offense needs to stick to a consistent run game, especially in the red zone. trade those two 3's in for two 7's and we score 28 this game and win. no doubt the red zone killed us sunday.

but, in the end. brady did give us a 20-17 lead with 4 left. all we need is one stop and its over. the defense is decimated no doubt so you can't blame some of these guys but just one stop was needed.

The D has played valiant ball this year and i still have a lot of faith in them to improve these next couple weeks if BB can find the right scheme.

but they still make the kind of plays they used to make in 2011 and 2012. letting miami run down the field at the end of both halves. the mike wallace TD was ajoke. cole was there but didnt make a play, gregory took the worst angle in football history.

don't get me wrong. tom brady has struggled more this season more than any other i can remember but he has also had his share of great moments too. the offense needs a ton of work but the defense cant even muster up just one stop when needed and that is scary.

here, i leave this final question. what do you have more faith in? the offense going down to score a game winning drive, or the defense making a game ending stop?

the answer is easy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: yes, the offense needs to step up but

Bottom line is this team just hasn't put together 60 minutes of good football.  Offensively or defensively.  They looked good early yesterday, then played poorly for much of the second half of the game.  They will have to figure out how to avoid these lapses if they want to beat anyone at all in the playoffs.  It is a vicious cycle.  When the offense struggles, the defense is forced back onto the field quicker, with worse field position, etc...and consequently when the defense can't get off of the field on third and forever it hurts the offenses' field position, puts more pressure on them, etc.  We have to make stops on third down, and we have to do a much better job of scoring TDs in the red zone.  Neither issues is an easy fix, so we will see how things go from here on out.  I'm definitely not feeling great about out chances right now, but things can change.  I'm hoping that BB can make some adjustments that will help born issues. Go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

agree 100%. but all in all i still have faith for TB and the O to heat up and BB to find the right scheme for the D to make a legit run at a title this year!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

The problem has always been the defense, period.   Had the Pats D been able to hold the Dolphins to just a field goal, then the Pats would have won the game.

Hightower should be benched, the guy is competely useless.  I also have yet too see a consistent pass rush.

The only serious problem on the offense has been the O-line, but Brady's greatness still can overcome such deficiencies.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts