YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure?

In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure?:
    ProFootballTalk   ProFootballTalk   Peyton would make up to $54.4M if he never takes another snap. Minimum is still $23.4M.
    Posted by Rocky

A double "Yikes!!" on that...LOL!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/05/even-if-he-cant-play-peyton-will-get-paid-plenty/ 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I wouldnt be suprised if the colts tank the season on purpose to get the 1st pick next year and hope to make Luck there future QB.

If gomer is smart he'll shut it down for the entire year, let his body get that full year of recovery time, then come back ready to finish his career starting next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The concern, for Colts fans (and I am not one), is the length of time Peyton is out. If he is out for the first month of the season or longer...then we see what the Colts look like without him for 4-6 games. What I find curious is that Colts brass seemed to dumb down the seriousness of the injury. It seemed liked they grabbed Collins (the only proven QB they have) fairly late in the game. I wouldn't paint them into the 13 loss column and a shot at Luck just yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He is done.  Put a fork in him.  He will get back on the field, I'm sure.  But he will be rusty.  Sometime this year, he will take a shot, and his neck will act up again, and he will be done.  Only so many things you can do when you have herniated discs.  It's pretty much over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The concern, for Colts fans (and I am not one), is the length of time Peyton is out. If he is out for the first month of the season or longer...then we see what the Colts look like without him for 4-6 games. What I find curious is that Colts brass seemed to dumb down the seriousness of the injury. It seemed liked they grabbed Collins (the only proven QB they have) fairly late in the game. I wouldn't paint them into the 13 loss column and a shot at Luck just yet.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Again...as I told "The Dog(gggg)" on many occasions, the core of the great Colts' teams, including Peyton, is old. As I suggested, they should not have signed him...but traded him to a stupids team like the Jerry Jones run Dallas Cowboys, or Danny Snyder's Redskins...for a boat-load of draft choices.

If he's not 100%...they should sit him out for the season, and collect their top 10 overall pick. If they finish with the league's worst record, they'll be good to go for another decade, with Andrew Luck at the helm.

Speaking of The Dog(gggg)...oh where, oh where has our Underdog gone...oh where, oh where can he be??? 

LOL!!!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

too bad for manning, he's been one of the best of all time. 

the colts will suck without manning, if he were out the whole season they may win 3 or 4 games tops. in 2008 the patriots lost brady for the year and went 11-5 with a guy who hadn't started since high school. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I don't feel bad for Pay-ton at all..he's had a nice long run and he's been personally  responsible for the only SB Indy has won, and is personally responsible for choking on the fish bone and BLOWING a SB win against the Saints...and they will NEVER get back to the SB in Indy...they are done......neck surgery, especially the 2nd time around, is brutal....they had to cut several nerves, it takes 12-24 months for them to reconnect fully.....he's been beaten and abused for years, and it will only take one good hit for him to have truly permanent damage, leaving him unable to do anything meaningful, let alone play pro football... Too bad...too bad...now get off the stage and let the Dolts get on with digging their way out of ignominy.....and it won't be Polian who'll do it...he'll retire..Caldwell...well, we'll all find out just how much of a coach he ISN'T... I'm just glad that all this misery will be inflicted upon that sanctimonious collection of hicks in the state of In-DIE-ana....grovel in your agony hicks, this one's for you!
    Posted by hambonawilliams

LOL - this from a guy who has the very hickish board name of hambone.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : LOL - this from a guy who has the very hickish board name of hambone.
    Posted by UD6

This coming from a person with a lot of different names here over the years????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : This coming from a person with a lot of different names here over the years????
    Posted by Rocky

Hey Rock...isn't it interesting that "The Dog(gggg)" is so strtangely quiet on this Mannig issue. I wonder why...LOL!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : This coming from a person with a lot of different names here over the years????
    Posted by Rocky

Well I don't know what one has to do with the other, but my multiple names were not my choice. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

That's your only response on this topic, you phony?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

What would you like me to say? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : Well I don't know what one has to do with the other, but my multiple names were not my choice. 
    Posted by UD6

So why were you blocked so many times?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Well I know Davedsone reported me once - not sure why, but I know he doesn't like me because I challenge him. 

Frankly, I've never been sure why I was banned.  There doesn't seem to be much consistency to the mods decisions.  It likely has something to do with me being a colts fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Being a Colts fan shouldn't get you kicked off here.  But it doesn't help!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I agree with you don't sleep.  I am just answering Rock.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What would you like me to say? "

Well, I for one was hoping you could tie this situation back into Spygate like you attempt to do for many of your posts in this forum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

On a different note, I for one am rooting for Manning to come back. While the Jets-Pats rivalry has become heated, Colts-Pats in a big game is always a classic. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I'm pulling for Peyton to come back too.  I don't wish injury on anyone.  I'm not a Steelers fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

" What would you like me to say? " Well, I for one was hoping you could tie this situation back into Spygate like you attempt to do for many of your posts in this forum.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Hey, when a pats fan calls the colts morality into question, I call bs. 

On the other hand, where Manning's neck is concerned, I don't see a connection.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Brutal. But he is now father of new born twins, it has to greatly impact his thinking here. Love watching him go against Belichick's defenses over the years.
    But if it is really that serious, he should move on. I would assume the guy would be a great coach or analyst if he wanted to.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's what the Colts are now saying about Peyton Manning's status:

"The team on Monday virtually ruled out Manning for the opener. In a statement, the Colts announced Manning is dealing with a complicated neurological recovery, the end date of which is unpredictable." He will cease practicing, and the team described his status for the opener against the Texans as "doubtful."

Not good for Horseshoe lovers. Not hating on Peyton, here. For his own sake, he should not play unless he's fully recovered: http://www.indystar.com/article/20110906/SPORTS03/109060328/Remember-when-will-strange-not-see-Manning-under-center

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I haven't read through all the Posts but this is incredible considering the amount of money that The Colts just shelled out to this guy. Even if he does come back they better protect him enough to prevent reinjury. This is pretty hairy stuff. I believe I'll be taking Houston and laying the points this week.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Here's what the Colts are now saying about Peyton Manning's status:      "The team on Monday virtually ruled out Manning for the opener. In a statement, the Colts announced Manning is dealing with a complicated neurological recovery, the end date of which is unpredictable ." He will cease practicing, and the team described his status for the opener against the Texans as "doubtful."      Not good for Horseshoe lovers. Not hating on Peyton, here. For his own sake, he should not play unless he's fully recovered: http://www.indystar.com/article/20110906/SPORTS03/109060328/Remember-when-will-strange-not-see-Manning-under-center  
    Posted by TexasPat3

Wow...Painter or Collins this week?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts