YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure?

If he does , oh well.

The problem is he's got that big forehead and it's weighing down his neck, plus all the choking he's done from losing in the last 10 years has really strained it worse.

If he can't play I'm not gonna worry if we beat them 40-0 in Foxborough cause he wasn't playing due to a neck problem and that we didn't beat them in a tough fought game.

When Brady went down everyone thought the Patriots were gonna roll over, BB wouldn't let the happen and Cassell answered the call.

Now someone on the Colts is gonna have to man up, if pouting's not ready

Best he get his neck fixed, than incur some damage from playing when he's not ready.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure?:
    [QUOTE]I hope it's not true, not just for me (he's on my FF team) but he's a great player, and playing the Colts without Manning will be lame.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I respect the competitive attitude, and to a degree I agree.

The other side of this, however is....good, let the Colts fans see how it feels. Manning has had a remarkably injury free career, and I don't mind watching the Colts suffer a little without him.

At the end of the day, if this means an easier road to the Super Bowl for the Pats, I'll take it. The Pats have been taking everyone's best shots for about ten years now, with the Colts being the first to really find ANY success back in 06 with that horrible collapse by the Pats.

Also, I've seen what the Pats and BB did without Brady, andyone think the Colts could have simliar success? I wouldn't mind finding out.

I don't wish injury on anyone (well, I guess that's not totally true, Matt Cooke could blow out a knee...or spine), but I won't be shedding any tears for #18 or the Colt fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'm putting him on my fantasy IR. He's been my QB for four going on five seasons, but I think Matt Ryan will take the reins.

In the real NFL, if this is true, it would be a different but equally interesting theatre to see what Curtis Painter, Orlovsky and Collins can do. Ok, not so much Collins, but the other two. 

Painter never really got reps. He would come into games at the last second and stink. Kind of like what Cassel did before he got his legs under him. 

If Manning does need another neck operation, it's time to start wondering if his career is getting over. Generally, you can only do so much up there without doing more damage or fusing vertebra together, which effectively ends a career anyhow. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wow, Kenny must have been working him really hard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : I respect the competitive attitude, and to a degree I agree. The other side of this, however is....good, let the Colts fans see how it feels. Manning has had a remarkably injury free career, and I don't mind watching the Colts suffer a little without him. At the end of the day, if this means an easier road to the Super Bowl for the Pats, I'll take it. The Pats have been taking everyone's best shots for about ten years now, with the Colts being the first to really find ANY success back in 06 with that horrible collapse by the Pats. Also, I've seen what the Pats and BB did without Brady, andyone think the Colts could have simliar success? I wouldn't mind finding out. I don't wish injury on anyone (well, I guess that's not totally true, Matt Cooke could blow out a knee...or spine), but I won't be shedding any tears for #18 or the Colt fans.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying I like the Colts (in fact I used to hate Manning and their team), but they've changed my mind a bit. They seem to be gracious in victory or defeat, they respect us and they've consistently won while remaining out of the headlines for brash, stupid stuff. Now if we were talking the Jets or Steelers, it would be a different story all together. I can't wait to see both of these teams fall to the depths of the nfl that awaits them...it's a lonely, dark place that takes years, sometimes decades to escape from. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : I sat there saturday on the clock, Manning, Romo, Manning, Romo?...Went Romo! I don't care how good Peyton is, he won't just step right back on the feild & sling stones to every corner of the endzone. This just AIN'T gonna be 18's year......He looks fat right now too.
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

I was tempted to pick him up as my 2nd QB when he kept falling....Heard about the neck issues and how he has not practiced at all....decided I did not want take the risk

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : I'm not saying I like the Colts (in fact I used to hate Manning and their team), but they've changed my mind a bit.  
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

The only time I liked the Colts is when they were the Baltimore Colts and Johnny Unitas was there QB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry UD ...    As much as I've hated watching Manning carve up the league's secondary  ( and admittedly recent Pats Dbs ) I'd hate it more that a competitor like him may have the remainder of his carreer shaped by a recurrent injury.   Manning vs Brady is Koufax vs Gibson and I for one was hoping to not witness it's deterioration for at least another 4 or 5 years.  Hopefully the story of his demise is greatly exaggerated .
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]
    foxy - its much like what you guys went through in 08.  The only difference is that you knew Brady was done for the year so you could simply move on. 

Here we are hanging in the balance.  And while frustrating, we know that hanging in the balance is still our best hope for a successful season, because we are significantly better with Manning.

Ultimately, if it takes all year to heal, I just hope it does (nerve regeneration) so that we may have a few good years left.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Doesn't sound good from a career standpoint. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I hope it's not true, not just for me (he's on my FF team) but he's a great player, and playing the Colts without Manning will be lame.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

a rarity amongst patriot nation....lolLaughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : I'm not saying I like the Colts (in fact I used to hate Manning and their team), but they've changed my mind a bit. They seem to be gracious in victory or defeat, they respect us and they've consistently won while remaining out of the headlines for brash, stupid stuff. Now if we were talking the Jets or Steelers, it would be a different story all together. I can't wait to see both of these teams fall to the depths of the nfl that awaits them...it's a lonely, dark place that takes years, sometimes decades to escape from. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I have come to a similar place. One has to appreciate the great rivalry these two really good football teams have had over these many years. It is legend. And the historic excellence of both Brady and Manning at what they do has enhanced the entire affair as well.

I can even say I don't hate the Steelers anymore. But I was overjoyed when they lost the SB.

But the jets are unworthy of hate. Would you hate bugs if you found them infesting your house? No. You would just be rid of the pestilence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:  so that we may have a few good years left.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You guys put all your cards on Pouting and never developed a good backup. Even if he sits out a year, and comes back the Indy Colts glory days are over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jim Irsay is freaking out Colts fans

Jim IrsayAP

Before an Indy radio report about Peyton Manning’s status set off a Sunday night flurry of follow ups, Colts owner Jim Irsay was already sending signs via Twitter things were not well.

Irsay’s tweets are often song lyrics. When they aren’t lyrics, he’s often just messing around. But Nate Dunlevy at the excellent Colts blog 18to88.com compiled some of Irsay’s tweets since Friday and the result is compelling.

Here are a few that stuck out, although you could check the whole list here.

1. “There was the Rams-K Warner Sup year./ There was Patriot 2001-Brady Sup.year.— Every year. is interesting n unpredictable in NFL!!!!” Irsay wrote.

Irsay translator: Both of those years began with quarterback injuries.

2. “Stampedblue and Jon Bauges/random or silly tweets,they r not..ur not hearing what I’m saying..riddle n codes r done4a reason,but it’s there.”

Irsay translator: He’s telling some Colts bloggers that his series of downer tweets aren’t just a goof.  (He’s also saying that mean Mr. Polian doesn’t like too much information out there.)

3. Florio mentioned this one last night but worth repeating: “Excuse me, sir, I think this will be our finest hour.”

Calling upon Apollo 13 motivation about when things look darkest.

4. A new one from after midnight:

“I’m trying2prepare 12th Man as best I can,BUCK UP..if I’ve told u twice- The only thing the pity pot produces is a red ring around ur buttocks!” Irsay wrote.

That one is self explanatory.  Pity pots now available at all major Indianapolis convenience stores and select locations of Steak ‘n’ Shake

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't know how much stock to put into the article. We all know how it is when they cite "unnamed sources"! If true this will be devastating to the Colts. Though Kerry Collins is not a bad QB, he's old and does not have the chemistry with the other players like Manning does. But even though I cannot stand old "Horseface", I think it would be bad for him to have to sit out. The Colts would probably be an 8-8 team at best without him. It's also nice to have the competition, every year the NE/Indy game is one of the hardest fought, most competitive games on the schedule. Also, this year's game is at the Razor in December. I just love seeing Peyton choke in the cold weather! I guess we'll all know for sure come next Sunday. If he does need more surgery it could be the end of his career. Neck injuries are tricky, and can lead to serious issues down the road. Peyton may not want to risk that to keep playing, no matter how much he loves the game. But since he was removed from the PUP list I imagine the doctors have cleared him. This may all be simply a rumor this guy is using to get hits on his site!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Well, it's just a game - I'd prefer not to hear words like "devastating".  Hopefully, when Brady went down, y'all still had lives outside of football fandom.  That being said, I'm not so sure that Manning being out for a while will equal instant losses for the Colts.  I could definitely see the Colts coming out of the first half of a Manning-less 2011 with a winning record.  The second half of the season seems a bit tougher this year...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Is Jim Irsay on drugs when he tweets?  Good God!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I mean just how many neck augmentations can you have? isnt a 38DDD neck and a 40 FFF forehead enough? Keep that up and tiger Woods will be calling.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (the indianoplis CULT worships manning- it is not a team)

posted at 9/4/2011 10:11 AM EDT
      tcal2-
    First: 12/17/2010
    Last: 9/4/2011
    Manning is the Colts.  Manning is done.  The Colts are done!!!  There is absolutely nothing NaPolian can do to change that fact.  The Window has closed on the Colts while the Patriots are favorites again.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I really hope he doesn't need another procedure and that he is able to play the season.  It doesn't matter who it is or what team he plays on, I hate to see anyone out for a season or a career cut short due to injury.  Like it or not, Manning is good for football. I always look forward to the Pats Colts games. 

Even with Manning this season I don't think they will be as good as previous years.  They have not done much, if anything at all, to improve as a team for this season. I think regardless of Manning playing this year Brady will really separate himself from Manning as a QB this season.  All the people in favor of Manning being better then Brady will have no choice but to recognize Brady as being the better of the two QB's.  Of course without Manning playing they will have no choice but to recognize this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure?:
    [QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/indy-radio-host-says-peyton-needs-another-neck-procedure/ If true, which seems likely, this is shocking.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Here's the latest that I've read on Manning...that he's expected to miss 4-5 weeks due to his neck problems...and has a bad back too:

Report: Manning could miss "4-5 weeks"

Sep
    9/5/2011 9:40:54 AM
    | More

Colts fans are undoubtedly freaking out over the report from CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman that there is the potential for Peyton Manning to miss "four ot five games or More" at the start of the season.  

The Colts originally thought Kerry Collins would play a game or two in place of Manning. That's no longer the case. "I can tell you the coaches are preparing for a longer period of life without Manning," writes Freeman. "They are hoping for the best but now fearing the worst."  In addition to the neck injury, Manning is now suffering from a sore back.

The Colts are notorious for being close-mouthed about injuries but we are hoping for some clarification (and reassurance) at the team's press conference later today. 

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/19842/Report--Manning-could-miss--4-5-weeks-/Default.aspx 

How many times have I gone around the block on the Manning issue with "The Dog(gggg)"...telling him that the Colts shouldn't offer him a mega-deal...but should trade him for a boat-load of draft picks, and rebuild?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

good thing they just gave him that huge contract...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I really hope he doesn't need another procedure and that he is able to play the season.  It doesn't matter who it is or what team he plays on, I hate to see anyone out for a season or a career cut short due to injury.  Like it or not, Manning is good for football. I always look forward to the Pats Colts games.  Even with Manning this season I don't think they will be as good as previous years.  They have not done much, if anything at all, to improve as a team for this season. I think regardless of Manning playing this year Brady will really separate himself from Manning as a QB this season.  All the people in favor of Manning being better then Brady will have no choice but to recognize Brady as being the better of the two QB's.  Of course without Manning playing they will have no choice but to recognize this.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree. Rising tides lift all boats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]good thing they just gave him that huge contract...
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

I KNOW, RIGHT?! I understand having to pay him for all the good he's done for the franchise. Let's face it, after he's gone, a lot of those fairweather Colts fans won't be around. It'll be back to having an empty stadium.

Also: how do you think Belichick/Kraft would have handled Brady if he was in this predicament?

25. This post has been removed.