YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure?

In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : "We're fine. Polian will fix it." - Underpants and Other Colts Dorks
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

LOL..A couple of Rule changes maybe?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : Wow...Painter or Collins this week?
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

I think so. 

Could be the end of an era.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : "We're fine. Polian will fix it." - Underpants and Other Colts Dorks

Well, the games haven't even started yet.  I'll believe that the Colts are in trouble if they start losing games.  That's about when I'll believe the Pats are a legitimate condender to win their division - if they start winning games.  Until then, everybody's 0-0.  For the record, the Colts hung in with the SB winners in the only meaningful Pre-season game (with Painter starting!), which gives me hope for the Colts without Manning...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : Well, the games haven't even started yet.  I'll believe that the Colts are in trouble if they start losing games.  That's about when I'll believe the Pats are a legitimate condender to win their division - if they start winning games.  Until then, everybody's 0-0.  For the record, the Colts hung in with the SB winners in the only meaningful Pre-season game (with Painter starting!), which gives me hope for the Colts without Manning...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

It's a bummer starting a new season without your all-world QB. We went through a similar thing with Tom Brady in 2008. Pride could carry the Colts through tthe first few games. But, if Peyton is going to be gone for 4 games or more, the Colts should consider the precaution of sitting him out for the season...in hopes that he can return in 2012, at 100%: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/06/manning-injury-has-dungy-doubting-colts-will-make-the-playoffs/ 

If the Colts did that, they might also end up with a top 10 #1 draft choice next year...and...if things really got bad...it could be a blessing in disguise for the Colts...as they could be in the running for QB Andrew Luck. Luck is thought by many to be the next Peyton Manning.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Could Peyton be done?? It's a possibility: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/06/polian-says-peyton-will-be-back-at-some-point/.

Here's an article by Peter King which suggests that Manning's conditiion is  serious:

Manning's streak, and Indy's season, could be in major trouble.

Radio reporter Jon Michael Vincent of ESPN 1070 in Indianapolis reported Sunday night that Manning would need another neck surgery and would be out indefinitely. That prompted my call to Polian, who said he knew nothing about it.

This is what I know this morning: Manning, as you can figure, has been working like crazy to get his neck and right arm back to 100 percent. He had surgery 15 weeks ago today to repair a herniated disc in his neck, which had been causing pain in his throwing arm. When such a surgery is done, part of the disc is removed. That lessens the pressure on the nerve. But that nerve needs time to heal.

One neurosurgeon in Pennsylvania told SI.com's Will Carroll in August that such a healing could take up to two months. Clearly, that timetable has been exceeded. Why? We don't know. When I was in Colts camp three weeks ago, Polian and his son, GM Chris Polian, both told me they had to simply let nature take its course -- and then they went out and signed Collins for insurance because they didn't know when Manning would be back.

Manning has been able to throw, I'm told, but not with the same zip or as long as he usually does at this time of year. That's normal, to be sure, for a guy coming back from a serious neck procedure. It's not good enough to think he can play in six days.

But I'm told that Saturday, when he reported to the Colts for his normal rehab work, his back hurt. And that pain was more acute Sunday. So it seemed natural for Manning and the Colts to call in the experts who had been consulting on his case for more discussion, which seems likely to occur today or Tuesday. Polian didn't want to discuss the case, but this much seems sure: The radio report may be premature, but there is definitely cause for concern about Manning's short-term recovery and when he might play.

My guess? Manning has been rehabbing to excess, which may have caused the flare-up in his back. It may not have; that's simply my guess. And no, it's not a spinal stenosis condition, like the one that ended his brother Cooper's football career. Peyton was tested and cleared at the combine years ago. Maybe he needs to have the herniated disc shaved down a little further. We just don't know. But whatever is happening, Manning cannot throw the way he needs to throw to win an NFL game right now. You can't make definitive predictions about nerve recovery the way you can with, say, a broken leg.

You figure this has to be frustrating Manning. He had the procedure May 23 and couldn't meet with Colts personnel because of the lockout. So his rehab from the surgery didn't begin 'til late July, and that seems to be the difference in how fast he's been able to recover.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/05/laborday/index.html#ixzz1XBxWilRb

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/05/laborday/index.html#ixzz1XBwx7L8g 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't read through all the Posts but this is incredible considering the amount of money that The Colts just shelled out to this guy. Even if he does come back they better protect him enough to prevent reinjury. This is pretty hairy stuff. I believe I'll be taking Houston and laying the points this week.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

I'm somewhat astounded that Peyton gets what, 40 mil guaranteed, and then, pratically the next day, his career may be over. I heard his older brother, Cooper, had a similar situation. So not only are the Colts losing their best player, they may have just tossed 40 mil down the drain! Can anyone say:'decline and fall"? to the max..........

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : When you read about his back also beinig an issue and then nerves affecting his throwing, you have to be concerned. This is why Underpants's reaction amongst other deluded Colts fans is so funny to watch. If this was Brady, I'd be completely concerned, especially after just paying him a massive deal.

Oh..."The Dog(gggg)" is concerned, alright. Otherwise, he'd be posting various rosy scenarios for his lovables...LOL!!!  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Or in outright desperation looking to deflect away from the Goodell/Polian/Tressel mess which compromised Goodell's position on Pryor.

Can you imagine what we'd be hearing from the Indy trolls if BB did this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Despite the likely absence of Peyton Manning, the Houston Texans must guard against complacency: http://www.chron.com/sports/solomon/article/AFC-South-is-there-for-Texans-taking-2156562.php

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

The Houstan Texans: Forever 8-8

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : I remember those t-shirts.  Very classless.  Steelers still haven't gone through the Patriots to get to the 3 Super Bowls they've made it to in the last 6 years.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter they beat the teams that beat the Patriots enroute to their 3 super bowls in 6 years.  Stop being sour grapes you play who you play end of story. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? : I'm somewhat astounded that Peyton gets what, 40 mil guaranteed, and then, pratically the next day, his career may be over. I heard his older brother, Cooper, had a similar situation. So not only are the Colts losing their best player, they may have just tossed 40 mil down the drain! Can anyone say:'decline and fall"? to the max..........
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

Very Interesting, huh?

Think about it..That's why I almost don't believe it is as serious as it seems to be. It just doesn't make any sense that if the Colts were aware of the seriousness of this injury, why would they throw that kind of cash. And if they weren't aware of it then shame on them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]Expect to lose on Sunday in Houston and don't expect to walk over Cleveland, Pitt or KC either.

Yep, the Colts losing @ Houston is more likely without Peyton.  However, I'll be watching as a fan and hoping for a victory.  Of course, it ain't written in the stars that the Pats will beat the Dolphins...so I'll be watching that one with interest too...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Texpat, a more interesting scenario could occur if the Panthers have the 1st overall. Could they really draft three franchise QBs in less than four years (Clausen, Newton and then Luck). The main crux of what I was saying Tex is that the Colts braintrust has not even thought of Manning's replacement (new contract...signing Collins) and seemed to be saying that Manning would be ready to start the season (albeit early on). It doesn't help that , excepting Saturday, the O Line has looked porous and attempts to draft Tarik Glenn's replacement at LT (see Tony Ugoh) have not worked. Still wait and see with Castanzo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Like Brady even said: Manning being out is Not only bad for his team, Its bad for Football. Can't agree more...He is one of the best, and I know he wont play forever. Picture us playing the Colts this year with Collins under center....is that exciting?? Blaaaaaa......... Nothing better than Brady Vs. Manning....Get well soon Peyton! lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Like Brady even said: Manning being out is Not only bad for his team, Its bad for Football. Can't agree more...He is one of the best, and I know he wont play forever. Picture us playing the Colts this year with Collins under center....is that exciting?? Blaaaaaa......... Nothing better than Brady Vs. Manning....Get well soon Peyton! lol
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

Let what's happened to Manning serve as a reminder to the koolaid guzzlers out there, that 34 year old Tom Brady could be just one hit away from a similar fate. 

The play of the Patriots' OL was totally unacceptable during the preseason...as Brady and the back-up QBs were hit far too often. The OL needs to step it up. The fate of Brady and the 2011 season is in their collective hands.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? :      Let what's happened to Manning serve as a reminder to the koolaid guzzlers out there, that 34 year old Tom Brady could be just one hit away from a similar fate.    .Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I don't like to think about that. I hope that's in the past and never happens again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This would be terrible.  Manning's the QB of an opposing team that I love to see the Pats beat. He's a rare talent.  Pats v. Colts would lose a lot of its lustre.  I hate to see any athlete get hurt, but a guy of Manning's stature possibly facing the end of his career due to injury would be a shame. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YIKES! Peyton needs another neck procedure? :      Let what's happened to Manning serve as a reminder to the koolaid guzzlers out there, that 34 year old Tom Brady could be just one hit away from a similar fate.       The play of the Patriots' OL was totally unacceptable during the preseason...as Brady and the back-up QBs were hit far too often. The OL needs to step it up. The fate of Brady and the 2011 season is in their collective hands.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Okay...But why spend the time worrying about Brady being just one hit away? That would drive most fans crazy to be fixated on the possibilty...