You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...

Tedy Bruschi, appearing on NFL32, said the Patriots have "the worst defense in the league right now."

"They can't stop anybody," he said. "They've got the best passing offense, they've got the worst passing defense."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4704563/video-bruschi-slams-pats-defense

While I've been of the opinion that the Pats sink or swim entirely on what kind of day Brady is having, to say the D is the worst in the League?  Wow, I need time to digest that one. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...

Don't sweat it. Bruschi works for ESPN now. He's a shock jock.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

I agree he had to overstate things a little bit being on tv.  But there's no denying the D had been lousy thus far.  Even on those games the Pats won.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...:
    [QUOTE]Tedy Bruschi, appearing on NFL32, said the Patriots have "the worst defense in the league right now." "They can't stop anybody," he said. "They've got the best passing offense, they've got the worst passing defense." http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4704563/video-bruschi-slams-pats-defense While I've been of the opinion that the Pats sink or swim entirely on what kind of day Brady is having, to say the D is the worst in the League?  Wow, I need time to digest that one. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]
    They are actually the 27th worse. Close.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Wake up to reality the D sucks right now. Fortunately with the new scheme and different Talent acquired, we should be much better as the season goes on.

P.S what you want Bruschi to say the Defense is great!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I like what he is doing.  He knows how he used to get fired up when people disrespected the team. I know we dont have Rodney anymore, but I am hoping someone on that defense has some pride (Vince, Jerod,) and all the talk of us being so bad will motivate us to work harder.

Tedy is still a Patriot and he is just helping out with critisizm thats needed right now.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Who cares about passing defense? They are number 10 against the run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Next thing you know, he'll be trying to tell us that water is wet and the sky is blue.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Well, He cant ALWAYS, be hanging off the Patriot's Jock Straps...He's gotta Throw these jabs every now n then...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

One thing I will agree with him on is that the mindset of the D has changed since he was there.  They had pride, tenacity, and toughness that was almost unparalelled. 

I can only hope this is bulletin board material in the locker room and that the D uses it to help focus and drive them. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Right now, the truth is painfull.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...:
    [QUOTE]Don't sweat it. Bruschi works for ESPN now. He's a shock jock.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]
    YEP i'm a shock poster tooo right? its called facts mt. homeraid-fan.. even stevie wonder can see what tedy is saying! facts are facts. perhaps after we get sliced by jason campbell your kind can finally come around to the reality.. brady will throw 450 yards but jason will go for 412 yeards and match him with a defense that can make more key snaps!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The defense isn't great but it's not as horrible as people here are making it out to be too. Again, look league-wide. FIVE. FIVE qb's are on pace to break Marino's passing yards record. FIVE. There's something there.

I will not be using this excuse after Week 8 but until then, everyone calm the f*** down and watch the improvements.

Bruschi is on TV now. Sane, rational, quiet analysis does not boost ratings, especially if you work for BSPN, which is the TMZ of sports coverage.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You know what they say . . . the truth hurts.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]The defense isn't great but it's not as horrible as people here are making it out to be too. Again, look league-wide. FIVE. FIVE qb's are on pace to break Marino's passing yards record. FIVE. There's something there. I will not be using this excuse after Week 8 but until then, everyone calm the f*** down and watch the improvements. Bruschi is on TV now. Sane, rational, quiet analysis does not boost ratings, especially if you work for BSPN, which is the TMZ of sports coverage.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

I keep saying this too. I'm trying to figure out whether the defenses still aren't caught up to the offenses because of the lockout or the NFL has just morphed into one big offensive Juggernaut because the rules have encouraged this type of play.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

this is why you don't draft 2 backup rbs in the top 3 rounds. this is why you take every round seriously. arrogance is bb's best and worst trait.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to You broke my heart Tedy. You broke my heart...:
    [QUOTE]Tedy Bruschi, appearing on NFL32, said the Patriots have "the worst defense in the league right now." "They can't stop anybody," he said. "They've got the best passing offense, they've got the worst passing defense." http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4704563/video-bruschi-slams-pats-defense While I've been of the opinion that the Pats sink or swim entirely on what kind of day Brady is having, to say the D is the worst in the League?  Wow, I need time to digest that one. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Duh. Tedy isn't guzzling the kool-aide. He is stating the OBVIOUS.

Pat's fans that are saying the D sucks don't want to be saying that! They just aren't kidding themselves. I hope this D gels into something at least decent and hopefully elite. I wish I could say those prospects seem likely.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]this is why you don't draft 2 backup rbs in the top 3 rounds. this is why you take every round seriously. arrogance is bb's best and worst trait.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

Doing that is like buying a lawn mower during a blizzard.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts