You cant predict what will happen in week 1!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You cant predict what will happen in week 1!

This is why I save my wagers until mid season.

Glad I got to see an exciting opening week of football.  Its only one week, but the morning experts were exposed for the most part.  K.C. got smashed by Buffalo, which we know about as being a high scoring team when Fitzy gets in gear, but I expected more from Cassel and the Boys.  They better get it together quick.  AFC East may be back on top of the NFL world.

Way too many posts this morning about the Jets game and Romo.  Did something happen that wasnt expected?  I thought the Jets would win and I already Knew Romo was a choke artist. Lets move on before we invite more trolls....why are we spending all day talking about how we hoped the Jets would lose, lets take care of our own bizness tonight.

Atlanta ran into a hungy, motivated Bears team that played real physical and made ATL look like a J.V. team.  Cutler got something to prove???  Gonna be a good one bewtween them and G.B.

Cant say much about the Vikings game, I said before I was not sold on Mcnabb being the saviour in Minny, that move is a few years too late, IMO.  If Chunky Soup can just manage the game and let A.P. do his thang, they may win some games.

Det/T.B. was a good matchup to watch.  The young exciting team from last year was a little slow out the gate, and may not fair well this season.  Detroit looked good on offense w/Stafford showing his normal early season promise and also his yearly injury problems when he left w/cramps.  If he stays healthy, I expect big things from him and Megatron.

Texans looked real good and may finally put it together and win the division this year.  The question is, would it be the same if Peyton was here.  I think Yes.  Peyton is a big loss, but I believe the Texans were primed this year anyway..and why havent the Colts brought in Garrard yet?  This makes perfect sense.

The Jaguars surprised w/ a win again the Titans.  Hassleback is not gonna win many games here.  They better hope C.J. does.  jaguars are playing /nothing to lose and I personally like the changed they have made on defense...getting a few playmakers at the backer and safety spots.

The 49ers looked pretty good but they were playing the Seahawks.  Never knwo what to expect from Pete Carrol, but a bad move was bringing in Sidney Rice w/ no Qb to get him the ball.  No playoffs for either of these teams tho'.. Rams take the division this year.

The NFC east battle of the bottom feaders was not that exciting but Eli looked like Eli and Rex was impressive enough to get the W.  Niether of these teams make the playoffs so nothing to report here.

Killa cam Newton looked electric hooking up w/Steve Smith on numerous long plays.  Gonna be an exciting team for sure.  Kolb looks good so far w/ the Cards, but their defense is regressing.

I see a close game tonight w/ the Phins.  The Pats will pull away late in the 3rd with a t/o from a new face.  Big game from A.Hernandez.  Not gonna say a score, but we'll win by 10 points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealhabs. Show montrealhabs's posts

Re: You cant predict what will happen in week 1!

damn right tho....cowgirl just screwed up my bet but was exciting weekend so far,now let's wait for our patriots tonight

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Up to 7 threads and counting on the Jets game..... smh, pathetic.  and y'all wonder why trolls live here. Where is all the Pats talk and breakdowns of other games...T.P. where is your report?  lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Funny, just a few days ago you were blasting me for complaining about the number of Colts threads on here..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

You can never listen to what "morning experts" are saying. I thought the Bears , St. Louis and Wash. were all live dogs yesterday. I ended taking both the Rams and Skins. The biggest shock for me was the way Balty handled Pitt. I would have never expected that. Especially when you consider how close these two always play each other , nature of the two team and the line movement. When that number stayed at 2.5 and didn't go to 3 , then down to 1. What can you do. I guess this just confirms their secondary can't cover if their lives depended on it. What really got me was the way Balty's O-Line smashed Pitts front seven. Some of those holes Rice had were huge. I suspect we'll see more of Ziggy Hood , Smith played terrible. Harrison really looked winded and just out of shape.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

No, I actually said that having a Colts thread pertaining to an important injury could be useful and I said stop whining....there were actually only 2 threads and they were unrelated.

This morning there were 7 threads all related to the jets game and as a Pats fan, I dont want to see 7 threads about a division rival that we arent playing this week and spend all day downplaying the win and acting like they wont make the playoffs.

All this based upon what?  The Jets have Leonard returning who was out half the season. They upgraded from B.Edwards who couldnt catch a cold to P.Burress who catches everytyhing and the rest of the team is still intact for the most part, but homers sit here before the season and say the jets wont make the playoffs, there luck runs out now...blah, blah, blah...and all this after being taken out by the same team last year....and so my by account we have nothing to say about the jets unless we are complimenting them...and so Yes, thats too many threads about the Jets!  but do as you please...its a forum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In Response to Re: You cant predict what will happen in week 1!:
    I totally agree with you. The Pats need to take car of business in Miami and worry about the Jets when the time comes.

[QUOTE]No, I actually said that having a Colts thread pertaining to an important injury could be useful and I said stop whining....there were actually only 2 threads and they were unrelated. This morning there were 7 threads all related to the jets game and as a Pats fan, I dont want to see 7 threads about a division rival that we arent playing this week and spend all day downplaying the win and acting like they wont make the playoffs. All this based upon what?  The Jets have Leonard returning who was out half the season. They upgraded from B.Edwards who couldnt catch a cold to P.Burress who catches everytyhing and the rest of the team is still intact for the most part, but homers sit here before the season and say the jets wont make the playoffs, there luck runs out now...blah, blah, blah...and all this after being taken out by the same team last year....and so my by account we have nothing to say about the jets unless we are complimenting them...and so Yes, thats too many threads about the Jets!  but do as you please...its a forum.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

LOL Thats just one of the many problems on this forum. People feel the need to have 7 different jets or Moss threads. I agree it makes no sense. Again though just one of the many problems with bdc. One thing i do disagree with is Plax. Edwards hurt the Pats last year and didn't have many drops at all. Plax is getting no seperation from DB's so far and i expect that to continue. Im surprised everytime i see Keller so open , when its clear he's Sanchez's favorite target. Im worrying about Holmes and Keller more than anyone else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think Edwards success against us was more a product of us having a suspect secondary lead by Butler.  Plax may have lost a step, but Edwards was super slow so they are probably still even in that regards.  Plax is no doubt the better reciever in my mind, but just have to see how his body responds to football and if he continues to improve...but I wouldnt discount him yet, because one of his best qualities is catching balls when he is NOT open, with back shoulder throws and just outjumping people, so I think seperation is overated in regards to his game...but All I can say is I hope ur right.

Sections
Shortcuts