You Can't Teach It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: You Can't Teach It

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Interesting that "Mr. 151 IQ", can't go a day without "a typing error". Dope.

Also known as liquid IQ . . . 

Hahaha!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

At this point I don't think Butler is close to a lock. Showing well, but still a long way to go.

A guy like this though could make someone like Ebner expendable, as Ebner is ST only and should not see the field on defense. Keeping an extra CB may also make sense with an eye to the future taking into account Revis contract and Arringtons cap hit next year.

Agree. In this league I would rather have a cb with potential than ebner at safety. Also, given that Arrington and Ryan have been taking reps at safety, it could indicate bb is thinking along these lines as well. I have been saying this for a while. Go light at safety and stock up at cb, use some of your abundance at cb playing next to mccourty at safety. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Anyway, what do real Pats fans think about Butler?

You are Late troll. I spoke about M.Butler making the team 2 weeks ago. The advantages of living locally and seeing practice. Also, he kind of played well last week and folks that didnt know found out then. We are on to this weeks sleeper....Jemea Thomas. Lets see what he does tonight.

Kyle Arrington is practicing at S because the Pats dont feel good enough about the S position to keep more than 3. The 4th safety will be a CB....unless a guy like Thomas or Swanson show enough versatility there. There is the other guy named S.Gary is in the mix but hasnt shown much yet. This is the week for these guys to shine as the 3rd game is more of a tune up and the Pats will have a lot settled by then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Hahaaa, Explains a lot. Thats why his analysis is reminiscent of throw up.  Thats all I ever did drinking that yak

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I leave a word out and I'm a Dyslexic moron.  This is the dcik head that faked outrage at my anti-depression stance yet has no issue calling a person, who has a quantifiable disorder, names.  What a sick little asssshelo.

+1

Idiot Boy = hypocrite. FACT, not a myth......lol

[object HTMLDivElement]

ROFL, the amount of times he jumps on people for minor corrections is hilarious (I'm sure he's jumped on me for minor things too). I wish I could see how he tried to explain an obvious I was drunk moment but that would require me to take him off ignore and yeah not going to happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

You are Late troll. I spoke about M.Butler making the team 2 weeks ago. The advantages of living locally and seeing practice. Also, he kind of played well last week and folks that didnt know found out then. We are on to this weeks sleeper....Jemea Thomas. Lets see what he does tonight.

Kyle Arrington is practicing at S because the Pats dont feel good enough about the S position to keep more than 3. The 4th safety will be a CB....unless a guy like Thomas or Swanson show enough versatility there. There is the other guy named S.Gary is in the mix but hasnt shown much yet. This is the week for these guys to shine as the 3rd game is more of a tune up and the Pats will have a lot settled by then.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not sure about that. I can see them carrying 4 S's. Harmon could flex FS/SS, T. Wilson hasn't been great but hasn't been D. Butler bad either so he could get another year, Chung you almost have to keep as he is a vet and really if McCourty goes down I'd much rather Chung directing traffic than Wilson, Harmon, Arrington, or Ryan. But, in my mind that's only until week 5. Once Browner comes back it will come down to that flex CB/S or Wilson/Chung on the chopping block. It's been 1 week and Butler looks good but many UDFA's have flashed in the past. As of right now I think he's earned more and earlier reps to see what he has but to me he isn't a lock yet. He still needs to prove himself the next couple weeks but he certainly has earned the ability to showcase himself. Now if he makes it through camp he needs to prove over the next 4 weeks to prove he deserves to be on the team more than a 4th S or an extra WR but I could easily see them carrying 5 CB's, a flex CB/S, and 4 S's moving forward.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not sure about that. I can see them carrying 4 S's. Harmon could flex FS/SS, T. Wilson hasn't been great but hasn't been D. Butler bad either so he could get another year, Chung you almost have to keep as he is a vet and really if McCourty goes down I'd much rather Chung directing traffic than Wilson, Harmon, Arrington, or Ryan. But, in my mind that's only until week 5. Once Browner comes back it will come down to that flex CB/S or Wilson/Chung on the chopping block. It's been 1 week and Butler looks good but many UDFA's have flashed in the past. As of right now I think he's earned more and earlier reps to see what he has but to me he isn't a lock yet. He still needs to prove himself the next couple weeks but he certainly has earned the ability to showcase himself. Now if he makes it through camp he needs to prove over the next 4 weeks to prove he deserves to be on the team more than a 4th S or an extra WR but I could easily see them carrying 5 CB's, a flex CB/S, and 4 S's moving forward.

IDk, I just dont see why they are playing up to 8 guys at Safety if they like who is starting. I think to this point the tryouts have shown no front runner and whoever gets cut will likely be the cheapest. I wouldnt mind Chung sticking or Wilson but I wouldnt miss Wilson at all. Kanorris Davis is the only lock to make it as a s/t standout and he doesnt play in the reg. D so why else is everyone from Arrington, Ryan and Hawkins practicing at S?  They are looking for someone to break out in the young group and want Arrington to play there in a pinch as he isnt talented enough to see the field over Revis,browner, Dennard, Ryan so BB has to get his money worth and is gonna use Arrington eslewhere. I dont see the need to carry more than 3 game ready true safeties. We will carry 4 but the 4th is K.Davis unless one of Hawkins, Gary, Swanson take his s/t role which is doubtful.

I dont think Wilson or Chung have done anything to warrant a  starting spot. Chung may stick to being a punt returner. Harmon not much better but he is young and still hasnt played a full season so its his job to lose IMO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

IDk, I just dont see why they are playing up to 8 guys at Safety if they like who is starting. I think to this point the tryouts have shown no front runner and whoever gets cut will likely be the cheapest. I wouldnt mind Chung sticking or Wilson but I wouldnt miss Wilson at all. Kanorris Davis is the only lock to make it as a s/t standout and he doesnt play in the reg. D so why else is everyone from Arrington, Ryan and Hawkins practicing at S?  They are looking for someone to break out in the young group and want Arrington to play there in a pinch as he isnt talented enough to see the field over Revis,browner, Dennard, Ryan so BB has to get his money worth and is gonna use Arrington eslewhere. I dont see the need to carry more than 3 game ready true safeties. We will carry 4 but the 4th is K.Davis unless one of Hawkins, Gary, Swanson take his s/t role which is doubtful.

I dont think Wilson or Chung have done anything to warrant a  starting spot. Chung may stick to being a punt returner. Harmon not much better but he is young and still hasnt played a full season so its his job to lose IMO

[object HTMLDivElement]

The thing is Harmon, Chung, and Wilson are all SS even Ebner, so who are the FSs? Basically right now it's McCourty and only McCourty. We learned last year, you can't have a player play 90%+ snaps and expect the same level of performance in the playoffs as the regular season. Ryan and Arrington would fit more in that FS role so my guess is he's trying them out so in dime situations you can spell McCourty or in case McCourty gets injured you aren't holding the bag. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think you have it backwards. The Pats very much want Harmon to step up and play well enough to start. So far he hasn't. Both Wilson and Chung have been better than Harmon this preseason and in the game against the SKins. Still along way to go, but Wilson and Chung still hanging in there and so far showing pretty well 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think you have it backwards. The Pats very much want Harmon to step up and play well enough to start. So far he hasn't. Both Wilson and Chung have been better than Harmon this preseason and in the game against the SKins. Still along way to go, but Wilson and Chung still hanging in there and so far showing pretty well 

I dont know about having it backwards. If Chung or Wilson start over Harmon, it wont be because they were great, it will be because Harmon is a bust. I mean Chung was released and signed and released a year later by his new team. Wilson is a converted bust CB. My point was how many average safeties do you need to keep?  I see the Pats carrying one less S and one more CB. Thats all, dont really care who is out cuz none of them endear to me. This is the weak link and we can only hope it is masked.

My point to Eng was outside of K.Davis who is strictly special teams, I see 3 true safeties making it. McCourty, Harmon and either Wilson/Chung. I am hoping Swanson, Thomas or Hawkins make one them expendable. Ive seen enough of these bums.

There is no true FS behind McCourty Eng and why you think BB does not leave his starters out there forever is puzzling. We just saw it w/Nink/Jones last year. Whoever plays backup to McCourty is gonna be a CB....like Arrington, Ryan,etc unless J.Thomas, Swanson, Gary show enough, so far, Id say no. BB is gonna go light on safety

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Good find Russ, really like the way he plays. Smart, I really like smart football players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This explains everything!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

such insight from Idiot Boy!! lmao

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No Rusty, you sure can't teach it.  You were born an idiot. 

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

I'm not a big fan of Rusty with his trash talking and Brady bashing but you seem to continually stoop to his level TB12 with comments like this.  I thought you guys were just gonna put him on ignore and stop filling the board with this kind of venom.  I really like "most" of what you have to post (especially your work with photoshop) but this kind of crap is really disappointing.

Maybe it's easier said the done, since I'm not a target of his, but If people would just ignore him these threads would be more enjoyable.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Butler is showing very well, and appears to be one of the more polished players out there thus far.  Certainly wasn't expected for him to be playing this well and BB is going to have a tough choice.  I don't want to call him a lock to make the team, but if he keeps up this level of play over the next 2 preseason games, I don't see how you cut him.  Besides, I think keeping Revis here after this year is a long shot at best, but if we have Ryan, Dennard, Browner and Butler, I think we might be able to field a very nice CB duo. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

Butler is showing very well, and appears to be one of the more polished players out there thus far.  Certainly wasn't expected for him to be playing this well and BB is going to have a tough choice.  I don't want to call him a lock to make the team, but if he keeps up this level of play over the next 2 preseason games, I don't see how you cut him.  Besides, I think keeping Revis here after this year is a long shot at best, but if we have Ryan, Dennard, Browner and Butler, I think we might be able to field a very nice CB duo. 

Again, politely disagree with Revis not being here as a longshot...

1. He's likely gushing over being here, after playing for two unstable franchises led by a rudderless ship.

2. He's older now and already got his most bloated deal.

3. Hernandez will be found guilty by next summer and the Pats can void the remainder of that deal, which will open up some more space to accommodate a healthy deal for Revis to finish his career here.

Lastly, a lot of contracts are coming off the books and I think what we're seeing now with the OL in here in bulk, BB is aligning some cost offsets for next year. The question is, how many, if any OL, can he bury on the PS.

I do, however agree, that if Revis goes crazy, Browner is a contingency with others like Dennard, Ryan and now maybe Butler helping to offset his loss in 2015.

Did BB "sniff out" Revis' ego?  Or did he just dump all that money on it?  Bwhahahahahahahaha!

Tell us all again Queenie how BB will re-do Revis' contract this year as you predicted a few weeks ago. With BB already having mortgaged the future to fit him in this year, how is keeping Revis long term going to work with the patsies in "cap hell" next year with 150 million already tied up?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Cap is going up, Jealous Bustchise.

Tell the board:

How does it fell to watch Malcolm Butler put on a clinic at the position as an UDFA as your team takes a CB in the top 10 of a draft with him being horrible and immature? Or, Kylie WIlson play out his last season in NY as a mediocre nickelback, also a 1st rd pick.

How does that feel knowing that to be a fact?

If BB cut Butler today, he'd be your starting LCB.

FACT

Malcolm Butler would not only be a starter on the Jets, he'd probably be their best corner. That secondary in Jersey green is atrocious.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Cap is going up, Jealous Bustchise.

Tell the board:

How does it fell to watch Malcolm Butler put on a clinic at the position as an UDFA as your team takes a CB in the top 10 of a draft with him being horrible and immature? Or, Kylie WIlson play out his last season in NY as a mediocre nickelback, also a 1st rd pick.

How does that feel knowing that to be a fact?

If BB cut Butler today, he'd be your starting LCB.

FACT

Malcolm Butler would not only be a starter on the Jets, he'd probably be their best corner. That secondary in Jersey green is atrocious.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

but Rex isn't worried lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Huh?

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In response to fessin's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

No Rusty, you sure can't teach it.  You were born an idiot. 

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

I'm not a big fan of Rusty with his trash talking and Brady bashing but you seem to continually stoop to his level TB12 with comments like this.  I thought you guys were just gonna put him on ignore and stop filling the board with this kind of venom.  I really like "most" of what you have to post (especially your work with photoshop) but this kind of crap is really disappointing.

Maybe it's easier said the done, since I'm not a target of his, but If people would just ignore him these threads would be more enjoyable.

Thanks for the honesty.  They don't get it that I am just throwing it back in their face. When they lose the trollwork, so will I.

Until then, I will return serve and call it out.

Meanwhile, it sure looks like people's observations with Butler hold true, especially after last night.Butler is not a mirage, he's legit.  Another UDFA gem by BB.

Instead of your lauding, praising and THANKING of the great GM/ coach BB, when are you ever going to thank the Jets and Mo Lewis for his hit on Bledsoe that paved the way to your legendary QB? No TB, no SBs. I want you to thank the Ganggreen organization and Lewis for taking Bledsoe out. What will be your back pedalling retort on that question. Come on, you're avoiding me like the Bubonic Plague. I'm a real Mensa member Mr. 152. Tell us how Drew wins these SBs. Inquisitive minds need to know. Go ahead and make a total imbecile of yourself. That surely is one thing that you're good at on this forum. Mr. TMR. Does Wozzy know what that implies?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts