You gotta love our coach! or Why does the press hate him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

You gotta love our coach! or Why does the press hate him?

"We both want to win. That’s what we’re here for. I mean, both teams are walking out onto the field to come out victorious. Is that a big news story? That something we didn’t know?’’

Classic Bill politely telling a reporter they're a moron. Priceless

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from campari. Show campari's posts

Re: You gotta love our coach! or Why does the press hate him?

the press badmouth him because he doesn't give them fodder for their stories.
    and people believe the bad stories that the press write. thus the reputation that he has.

whether or not i agree with his particular coaching moves or not, or the way he chooses to deal with the press, he always seems to me to be fair, never talks smack about other players or teams, never blames anyone but himself/his team for a loss, etc.

i wouldn't want anyone else, that's for sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from r23. Show r23's posts

In Response to Re: You gotta love our coach! or Why does the press hate him?:
    [QUOTE]the press badmouth him because he doesn't give them fodder for their stories. and people believe the bad stories that the press write. thus the reputation that he has. whether or not i agree with his particular coaching moves or not, or the way he chooses to deal with the press, he always seems to me to be fair, never talks smack about other players or teams, never blames anyone but himself/his team for a loss, etc. i wouldn't want anyone else, that's for sure.
    Posted by campari[/QUOTE]
    +1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Short answer: The press doesn't like him because he doesn't do their job for them the way, for instance, a guy like Rex Ryan does.

Slightly longer answer: They don't like him because he makes no secret of his disdain for what they do. It seems to me that Belichcik is almost entirely consumed by what he does. He's a perfectionist who belives that proper preparation and focus can overcome anything. Wags intruding in his domain interrupting his focus and preparation with inane questions is a distraction that he indulges only out of necessity. Personally, I find Belichick's dry wit hilarious, and I'm sure a lot of media members do, as well . . .  but from a practical standpoint, all you get from Belichick are the most mundane coaching cliches. Scribes with inches to fill want bombast and bluster and long rambling quotes they can regurgitate. What they get from Belichick is always what happened on the field and some version of "We've got a lot of work to do."

I've mentioned this here before, but when I was training in journalism, everybody started in sports, because in sports the same thing happens every day and everyone you talk to speaks in cliche. It forces you to have to learn how to create a compelling story out of very little  . . .  or perish. A guy like Belichick exposes those who either aren't very good at what they do or aren't willing to work hard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

Having been in the entertainment industry the press wants there interviews,or stories that is there job, and if you do not give it to them they slag you (spygate).A-to pay you back B-to get paid-they have write something C-To try and get you to talk to them D-AS a warning to others you must play by there rules.And in the music industry they help make you therefore you owe them,or so they think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm not sure BB has disdain for the press.  I just think he doesn't like to divulge information that he thinks could be used by his opponents.  If you listen to his press conferences, he can be quite expansive when asked general questions about football history, great players, or even about playing techniques or schemes.  It's just that he'll say nothing significant (and especially nothing bad or controversial) about either his team or his team's upcoming opponents.  That probably drives a lot of reporters nuts because they don't get much to write about relevant to the upcoming games. . . .  But personally, I think BB's press conferences can be very interesting if you want to learn about football in general or if you want to learn about what particular players do well (he won't tell you what they do badly) . . . it's just that he doesn't give much information about the upcoming games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure BB has disdain for the press.  I just think he doesn't like to divulge information that he thinks could be used by his opponents.  If you listen to his press conferences, he can be quite expansive when asked general questions about football history, great players, or even about playing techniques or schemes.  It's just that he'll say nothing significant (and especially nothing bad or controversial) about either his team or his team's upcoming opponents.  That probably drives a lot of reporters nuts because they don't get much to write about relevant to the upcoming games. . . .  But personally, I think BB's press conferences can be very interesting if you want to learn about football in general or if you want to learn about what particular players do well (he won't tell you what they do badly) . . . it's just that he doesn't give much information about the upcoming games.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Right. He has no problem answering intelligent questions. This answer was given to a question that was not only stupid but was designed to try to get him to respond to something Rex said about going out to kick our azzes Monday. You'd think that by now reporters would know BB doesn't play those games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

And I don't think BB cares what the press think. As much as some of the sports press feel that they are bigger than the game itself, they dislike BB because in his own quiet way, he brings them back to reality. And they hate that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes, this an easy answer.

Everyone has answered it. It's also why they don't tell the whole story with Spygate.

It's the jealous organization and fan excuse and it's also a perfect platform for the media.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You gotta love our coach! or Why does the press hate him? : Right. He has no problem answering intelligent questions. This answer was given to a question that was not only stupid but was designed to try to get him to respond to something Rex said about going out to kick our azzes Monday. You'd think that by now reporters would know BB doesn't play those games.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, too. 

He gave Holley and Halberstam carte blanche access because he respects them. Same thing with Reiss and someone like Tom Curran.

There are national people like Lombardi, whom he worked over/is friendly with, or a Pat Kirwan, etc, who he respects.

Someone like Dan Shaughnessy or Chris Gasper are insulted when they don't get 10 lines of juicy quotes when they ask a boneheaded or smart a*s/loaded question.

Gee, I wonder why?

I think if these dopes did their homework and asked more tactical, football related questions, they'd get better quotes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I find Belichick's dry wit hilarious. Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

He does have a sense of humor if you listen to him. I think it's funny that he's friends with Jon Bon Jovi. I guess they have two things in common; football and his music....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Steve Tyler was in the locker room hanging out after the Colts win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]I think if these dopes did their homework and asked more tactical, football related questions, they'd get better quotes.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Yep--BB is downright accommodating to the guys who ask smart football questions and don't try to create controversy or ask stupid stuff like whether so and so is injured and gonna play tomorrow . . .  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well guys I gotta tell ya. not to go off topic but on the way in this am I heard on D & C who was voted the number one most facinating and interesting sports figure in boston. to make a long story short, number 10 went to John Henry. number 5 went to our little dynamo of a short stop Dustin Pedroia. and the winner standing in the number one spot is our beloved and greatest coach to ever walk onto a football gridiron.......Bill Belichick.

so mr rex ryan, put that in pipe and smoke it!

getting close to noon and almost time for all the BB haters to take their nap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Steve Tyler was in the locker room hanging out after the Colts win.

I bet the players would have rather have had Liv Tyler in there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes. Add a pole and invite in what's her face from the 90s ASmith vids. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Yes. Add a pole and invite in what's her face from the 90s ASmith vids. 

MTV T & A. Haven't seen it in years. Come to think of it I don't even know what channel it is. It's still on isn't it?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

from last year against jets, still pretty funny tho.  i could imagine bb thinking alot of this stuff

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]"Uuugghhg, we prefer to keep these discussions in house." "The (fill in this weeks opponent here) are a tremendous team.  Their  QB is a great talent.  Their defense could be one of the best in the league.  They run the ball well, they stop the run.  This will be a tough game" That's why.  Enough said.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE] 

Leon my little bug is the double wide winterized yet?