You guess the fine...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

You guess the fine...

The Sanders hit on Hiney Ward.

75K and a game suspension.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

Re: You guess the fine...

Although it looked like Hinesy ducked his head just prior to the hit, I think your pretty close with the 75K and 1 game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I don't know, he didn't lead completly with the helmet, just slightly. But because its a crackdown and it was against ward, you are probably close with that 75k prediction.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm thinking they will call it at the speed of the game situation. If they fine Sanders they would also have to fine Polamalu on his helmet to helmet on Gronk towards the end of the 2nd quarter. They wouldn't fine the leagues premier S so they'd look like fools if they fine one but not the other in the same game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: You guess the fine...:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking they will call it at the speed of the game situation. If they fine Sanders they would also have to fine Polamalu on his helmet to helmet on Gronk towards the end of the 2nd quarter. They wouldn't fine the leagues premier S so they'd look like fools if they fine one but not the other in the same game
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    conspiracy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I say $7,500, if any, and not at all warranted.  But the way things are going with these ticky-tacky calls, who really knows.   

No way that was intentional.  Their helmets hit but Sanders never ducked his head and never used his helmet intentionally. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to You guess the fine...:
    [QUOTE]The Sanders hit on Hiney Ward. 75K and a game suspension.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

Should be nothing.
    But knowing the NFL, they will analyze this like it is the Zapruder film.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]I say $7,500, if any, and not at all warranted.  But the way things are going with these ticky-tacky calls, who really knows.    No way that was intentional.  Their helmets hit but Sanders never ducked his head and never used his helmet intentionally. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I agree it should be nothing, but knowing this league I would say $75,000.  It looked to me that Sanders was tackling low and Ward went down at the same time. 

If there is a suspension, the Patriots should appeal so that he doesn't miss the Colts game and the suspension would be for Detroit.  However, again knowing the league it will probably process it quickly just because it would be for the Colts game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You guess the fine... : I agree it should be nothing, but knowing this league I would say $75,000.  It looked to me that Sanders was tackling low and Ward went down at the same time.  If there is a suspension, the Patriots should appeal so that he doesn't miss the Colts game and the suspension would be for Detroit.  However, again knowing the league it will probably process it quickly just because it would be for the Colts game.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]
    Judging from your long tenure as a Pats' fan, I would think that you'd be old enough to let go of this conspiring to benefit the Colts. Makes you sound juvenile. Take the win and run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Whatever it is it will be bs. The bottom of his face mask just caught the helmet. It was an obvious case of unintentional contact. But since he's a Patriot and the dishing out of fines is purely political expect him to be out against the Colts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He led with his shoulder and there should in no way be a game suspension due to an incidental helmet to helmet like that.  That's going to happen.

That's why they wear the helmets!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

that hit probably not as bad if it was just sanders but it was called a neck injury which i believe happened when he was hit from behind and pushed into sanders.  Ward's neck got pushed back as his body was coming forward sure it didn't feel good but never the less it was a helmet to helmet.

Key here is that he did not have possession of the ball so ward would be considered defenseless and a big no no.  It will cost him a game and and should be in the 75k I agree, will be shocked if it is less and it doesn't cost him a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Slow motion made it look a lot worse than it was.  Sanders couldn't just assume that Chung was going to make the tackle.  I think it'll be a decent amount of money, but no game suspension.

To their credit, the Steelers specifically went out of their way to say it wasn't a big deal.  Classy of them not to back off of their previous stance in saying that some helmet to helmet hits are unavoidable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Oh . . .

I thought this was going to be a thread about James Harrison targeting Brady's knees.

Undecided

What happens with this play will be a good indication of whether or not there is going to be any resonable assessment of circumstancse (like on the Collie hit) or if some teams are going to be punished more heavily than others simply because the commissioner likes it that way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

i dont think it will be anywhere near what you have for options.  I would think it will be 7,500 to 10k.  It was not intentional at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]that hit probably not as bad if it was just sanders but it was called a neck injury which i believe happened when he was hit from behind and pushed into sanders.  Ward's neck got pushed back as his body was coming forward sure it didn't feel good but never the less it was a helmet to helmet. Key here is that he did not have possession of the ball so ward would be considered defenseless and a big no no.  It will cost him a game and and should be in the 75k I agree, will be shocked if it is less and it doesn't cost him a game.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

He didn't have a neck injury he had a concussion. The Steelers originally called it neck injury in the hope he could go back in. Once they say he's concussed he automatically has to sit out the rest of the game. But don't expect the NFL to say anything about that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You guess the fine... : He didn't have a neck injury he had a concussion. The Steelers originally called it neck injury in the hope he could go back in. Once they say he's concussed he automatically has to sit out the rest of the game. But don't expect the NFL to say anything about that.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Had not heard a concussion mentioned at all but that makes sense. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

I don't see it as leading with the helmet, as in the crown of it but more the front/mask of the helmet. In the current climate with regard to hits it's difficult to say, probably a fine but no suspension.

T.V. channel over here, the presenters were astounded that the hit on Brady's legs went unflagged and stated that it was intentional. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The contact was incidental.. you can see he was trying to lead with his shoulders.  Ward was a moving target..  helmuts do make contact once in a while.  I think the intent is for the player who LEADS with the helmut, otherwise every helmut to helmut hit is liable to get fined if that one qualifies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Sanders stops, then Ward aims his head at Sanders as he is moving towards Sanders and Sanders drops his helmet to meet Wards' helmet with his helmet, probably to protect from being speared.  In no way did Sanders display an intention to use his helmet as a weapon.  I don't expect any discipline.  If there is any, it would be an injustice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see it as leading with the helmet, as in the crown of it but more the front/mask of the helmet. In the current climate with regard to hits it's difficult to say, probably a fine but no suspension. T.V. channel over here, the presenters were astounded that the hit on Brady's legs went unflagged and stated that it was intentional.   
    Posted by irishfanatic[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget the intentional blindside shove to Brady from behind well after he threw a pass, knocking him to the ground, and that wasn't flagged either.  And while both teams were allowed to hold, did you notice how out-of-control the officials allowed it to get with the Steelers in the 4th?