You Have Got to Be Kidding Me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

You Have Got to Be Kidding Me

Adam Rank at NFL.com was making a case for Brady playing the preseason opener for the fans and threw this gem in at the end...

"Hard to believe a franchise that thought it was cool to tape other team's practices could be this clueless."

Funny since the Patriots never got busted for taping other team's practices.  I mean, does anyone at NFL.com check facts or edit this crap?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8216837f/article/sorry-fans-patriots-justified-in-sitting-brady-in-opener?module=HP11_content_stream

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: You Have Got to Be Kidding Me

Everyone hates Rank anyways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

besides being uneducated in what he's talking about I totaly disagree with hin too...why get brady hurt in a pre season game & lets showcase Hoyer & see how Mallett performs...I bet there are some GM's wishing they snagged him before we got him!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

That's just a fantasy football weenie crying about Brady not playing, venting his frustration.  It'll either get pulled or he'll get pulled. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: You Have Got to Be Kidding Me:
    besides being uneducated in what he's talking about I totaly disagree with hin too...why get brady hurt in a pre season game & lets showcase Hoyer & see how Mallett performs...I bet there are some GM's wishing they snagged him before we got him!!!
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

sounds like a pats hater wishing the pats would risk getting brady hurt in a meaningless exhibition.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I wouldn't even blame the writer of that article. I would blame the should-have-been-fired John Tomase and the should-have-been-fired sports editors at the Herald for publishing what they knew was a shaky, unverifiable story in the first place.

One of the things I've learned over many years in and then observing the media is this: once you've published a story and it's gotten a lot of attention, even if it turns out to be false and you publish a retraction or apology, the majority of the public is still going to believe the original lie. That's because the retraction or apology NEVER gets as much attention as the original dishonest story.

Think about it. After Walsh's testimony to Goodell in which he refuted the Rams Walkthrough story, what was most of the media focusing on that day? Were they focusing on the Walkthrough story being a lie? No, ESPN and the rest of the media wolves were focusing on those grainy tapes from the 2000-2001-2002 seasons that Walsh kept. Schlereth, Wingo and the rest of the ESPN crew were hyperventilating for six hours on the air about them, and the rest of the media were speculating about all of the informational goodies the Pats may have gotten from the tapes--tapes that, by the way, showed absolutely nothing that we didn't already know from the original Meadowlands tape in 2007 being leaked and then shown on Fox.

In the end, the Walkthrough story being false ended up being a buried lead story that day, because that's how the media chose to (and wanted to) cover the Matt Walsh story. It was more important for them to continue to show righteous indignation over the filming of signals rather than to report the truth.

Another example of this dynamic was Kraft-hater Dan Shaughnessy's lie last January about how the Pats had "the third-lowest payroll in the NFL" last year--a dishonest jab at Kraft used by the CHB as a means to turn Patriots fans against the owner in the aftermath of the team being upset in the playoffs by the Jets and "suffering" through their sixth consecutive Lombardi-less season. When Shank's lie ended up being exposed by other media outlets, the Globe had to publish a retraction, and they did--in very small print, buried deep within the sports section's pages.

What was the result? The result was that people in my office, months later, were still reciting Shaughnessy's lie about "the third-lowest payroll," no matter how many times I told them that the story was untrue and that the Globe printed a retraction.

So this idiot at nfl.com is just doing what most people do: rehashing the original lie spread by Tomase because he either didn't know a retraction was printed, or because he simply doesn't care. That's because he knows that most of the public STILL believe Tomase's original story, either because they don't know that Matt Walsh refuted it, or because they simply don't care that it wasn't true, because they WANT to believe it and no one is going to tell them otherwise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: You Have Got to Be Kidding Me : sounds like a pats hater wishing the pats would risk getting brady hurt in a meaningless exhibition.
    Posted by seattlepat70

yup

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

ma6dragon9,

I remember reading that in Patriot Reign.  Tom Brady is no fan of ESPN either.  I remember after the BS Spygate crap broke, Brady said on WEEI
    ""That's the way guys make it. They say the craziest things. I think that's what, that's what, that's what ESPN has become. ESPN to me is like MTV without the...without the highlights.""

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

ma6dragon9, I remember reading that in Patriot Reign.  Tom Brady is no fan of ESPN either.  I remember after the BS Spygate crap broke, Brady said on WEEI ""That's the way guys make it. They say the craziest things. I think that's what, that's what, that's what ESPN has become. ESPN to me is like MTV without the...without the highlights.""
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

I cannot believe the post got deleted. I reference a book someone wrote, while employed BY THE GLOBE, and apparently some intern on the weekend decided it was too offensive?

Hey, buddy, sorry you have to work alone on a Sunday, but give me a break.

Simply absurd.

Now the title of this thread has all new meaning to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

There is bad blood between Del Rio and Bill B. I'm not putting Brady in the game at all. I dont believe that you can really get a lot out of a practice anyway. If you could they wouldnt be open to the fans at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

To be honest...  If I've read the Herald sports section 20 times since the Tomase article, I'd be surprised.  Just stopped.  Even online.

Big winner in that one?  The Globe.  On my cpu, phone and I buy the paper a couple times a week.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

come to think of it...as a big fan, i never felt comfortable with having tb on the field during the pre-season, ever since that 2008 injury. so does this guy even understand what the fans want?

this year especially, there is no need to subject tb to any risk of injury in the pre-season. to start with, tb not at top of his form is probably better than most QBs. more than that, i think this is the year when the pats will have a running game that will be ahrd to stop. there will be less pressure on tb to carry the load on moving the chains. i am am actually guessing that the pats will play a run-heavy game in Tampa Bay. the draft makes me think that bb is thinking of utilizing the run game more, to ease pressure on the passing game.

Sections
Shortcuts