you just can't boo Adam Vinitari

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

you just can't boo Adam Vinitari

the guy kicked two winning super bowl field goals for us

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: you just can't boo Adam Vinitari

Sorry Harley but the guy left for our arch-rival and helped them defeat us in the conference championship on their way to a super bowl victory.  He is scum and should be thrown out of town.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:

He's in a Colt jersey, he wasn't cut or unfairly treated. He left to go get more money, he's, essentially, no different from Johnny Damon. 

Love him, but people can boo him if they want. He sold us out. -_-

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

^^^^

gofuckyourself tattle TAIL boy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:

He's in a Colt jersey, he wasn't cut or unfairly treated. He left to go get more money, he's, essentially, no different from Johnny Damon. 

amazing how the cheap pats have brainwashed some of u people

sold you out! i got a better idea: PAY THE F8888ING MAN!

4 Million dollars for a Kicker? PFFTT...pass. -_-

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He left for more money?

Ummmm, so drafting Gostowski and not offering him a contract are irrelevent, apparently.

You DO NOT boo Vinatieri. The TEAM didn't want him.

That said, 4 mil for a kicker is overpaying. Think Indy regrets it? Me neither.

Vinatieri has 4 rings to Brady's 3. Suck on that!

Vinatieri is 4/5 in SBs to Brady's 3/5.

Both will be in the HoF.

Booing him is totally classless and is inexcusable. Ignorant beyond words. He wanted to stay, the team moved on, as BB has done with multiple positions and countless players, time and time again. I don't begrudge the Team, BB, or Vinatieri.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

He left for more money?

Ummmm, so drafting Gostowski and not offering him a contract are irrelevent, apparently.

Both will be in the HoF.

Booing him is totally classless and is inexcusable. Ignorant beyond words. He wanted to stay, the team moved on, as BB has done with multiple positions and countless players, time and time again. I don't begrudge the Team, BB, or Vinatieri.

I dont care if you saved my grandma, going to a rival team for money is just makes you the enemy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I agree. Fans shouldn't be booing him. He's part of that SB glory days.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Are the Colts really the rival team anymore? BTW, that 2006 AFC Championship was our fault. Need I remind you that we were up by 21?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

I agree. Fans shouldn't be booing him. He's part of that SB glory days.

+1 Not too many kickers could make those SB winning FG's. Its a business, he wanted more money and they chose a diffrent route. No reason to boo the guy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Sorry Harley but the guy left for our arch-rival and helped them defeat us in the conference championship on their way to a super bowl victory.  He is scum and should be thrown out of town.

Not exactly how things went down.  In the AFC Championship game in 2006, he and Gostkowski were going back and forth kicking big FGs.  He didn't do us in.  Also...BB wouldn't EVER pull the trigger on giving him a multi year deal...he franchised the guy twice and still couldn't figure out if he wanted him or not.  That was a stupid line in the sand...what are we talking about?!?!?  A couple mil over the course of three or four years for the most clutch kicker in history?  Please...BB wasted double what #4 was asking for (vs what Pats were offering) this year alone in free agent busts who never made the team.

No one should ever boo #4...he's always been stand up and was largely responsible for turning around the losing mentality of the entire city of Boston and surrounding teams.  I hated that he went to Indy, but he gave plenty of chances for the Pats to meet him half way.  It was OUR organization's choice not to...not his.

It's horseapples to boo guys like an Adam Vinatieri or a Johnny Damon, etc...those guys will always be the man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I don't boo him.  I used my hex and it worked.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[/QUOTE]

Bologna !! He didn't sell anyone out. He got a chance with free agency to go elsewhere and make more money. You and everyone else on this board who share this opinion just like the same opinion of Damon answer one question.

If you had the opportunity to work in the same field of employment as you are now but with another company and get a big raise, would you join the new company ? Those who say no are most likely full of krap. You cannot tell me you wouldn't. I know I would !!

Hetch 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Pathetic

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Booing a guy who helped us win a couple superbowls (and then some) is redonkulous. Will I cheer against him when he plays against us? Of course!! But to boo a man that helped us win the Lombardi more than once is just a classless act of pure ignorance.

AV is okay in my book....always.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

He was every bit as important to the success of our team those years as Brady.  Brady cashed out, but BB got frugal when it came to a kicker.  Vinitari wanted to be paid in line with his value to the team and his rank among other kickers.  How can you blame a guy for that? 

I was very sad to see him go and it left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I won't ever be able to boo the guy who literally won us 2 SB's and got us to them (and another) in the first place. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Bologna !! He didn't sell anyone out. He got a chance with free agency to go elsewhere and make more money. You and everyone else on this board who share this opinion just like the same opinion of Damon answer one question.

If you had the opportunity to work in the same field of employment as you are now but with another company and get a big raise, would you join the new company ? Those who say no are most likely full of krap. You cannot tell me you wouldn't. I know I would !!

Hetch 

Very well said Hetch.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from section 136. Show section 136's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

He left for more money?

Both will be in the HoF.

+1

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Like I said, I wouldn't boo him, but I don't see why other people shouldn't. He had 29 other teams he could have gone to, excluding the Jets and the Colts, but he chose to go out to Indy.

Don't care what people do to him as long as he has on that Colt jersey, when he takes it off I'll stand by him.

• Sections
    Shortcuts