"You Mad Bro?" (Story Behind It)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I had no idea Brady started the smacktalk with Sherman last year. Apparently, Brady told Earl Thomas and Sherman to come see him after the Pats win at the end of the game.

Ugh.

45+ passes (58 total with a lead!!! Jesus!), 2 INTs, shotgun spread chosen, run game ignored, 1/6 in the red zone.

Folks, there is something to it. There really is. This is more proof that Brady simply had to be reined in and staring down Welker to try to put up a lot of points, simply was a failure by Brady.

It had to be stopped. This is more proof. To think we lost SBs and playoff games because of stuff like this.

Jesus.

i clearly remember that game. they didn't run the ball because they couldn't. Seahawks front seven was overpowering us. and yes brady played pretty bad that game but all that matters is NE had a lead late in the game and the defense totally blew a coverage and let Sidney Rice get over the top. Brady played bad but he still gave the team the lead..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re:

I am pretty sure Sherman started the smack talk after he picked Brady off.  Either way this is ridiculous spin.  So the fact that Brady got into it and thought the Pats would win somehow has anything to do with pass attempts?  Really?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re:

Guy is a troll with a complex about Brady. Brady played poorly In that game. Fact, he had a stinker. But the pats had the lead at the end of th game! and didn't close it out. They could have run the ball and gone 3 and out like they had all day, or they could have tried to pass for first downs like they had all season. It did not work on offense That day. 

leave it to the troll to post about that one game played 1 year ago.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

I had no idea Brady started the smacktalk with Sherman last year. Apparently, Brady told Earl Thomas and Sherman to come see him after the Pats win at the end of the game.

Ugh.

45+ passes (58 total with a lead!!! Jesus!), 2 INTs, shotgun spread chosen, run game ignored, 1/6 in the red zone.

Folks, there is something to it. There really is. This is more proof that Brady simply had to be reined in and staring down Welker to try to put up a lot of points, simply was a failure by Brady.

It had to be stopped. This is more proof. To think we lost SBs and playoff games because of stuff like this.

Jesus.

i clearly remember that game. they didn't run the ball because they couldn't. Seahawks front seven was overpowering us. and yes brady played pretty bad that game but all that matters is NE had a lead late in the game and the defense totally blew a coverage and let Sidney Rice get over the top. Brady played bad but he still gave the team the lead..

Dude, that is such crap.  We never estbalished the run or stayed patient with it on the road.

Please stop.   We had a lead, but never bothered thinking we needed to establish the run. Brady got addicted with the first half succcess, Seattle set the trap and Brady did it again.

I believe both of his INTs came in the red zone, too, by the way. One was down the seam to Branch. I think the other was when he was staring down Welker.

Literally, every single time we've lost a game like that (see Baltimore last year in Week 3), many here try to race in and blame the D, when in reality the D played very well the entire game, executing the gameplan.

Brady's INTs, usually 2 of them, and the lack of trying to run, to run clock with a lead, is why we lost those games.  SB 42 and SB 46, too.

What did Brady say before SB 42?  Burress set the trap and Brady took the bait. It's no different.

We will never win a SB again with such reckless play at QB and I gotta say, my fear this whole tiime, has been that Brady ego.  I seriously thinks this whole time, after 3 SB rings, he's been more focused on stats to chase Gomer's. I really do.

I think Brady was ticked off that BB dealt Branch in 2006, and when BB made good in 2007, Brady has been chasing the dragon, so to speak, ever since.  It's why he looked the same in 2009 as he did in 2007 in terms of how he playd (Moss and Welker, Moss and Welker, Welker and Moss). That was all he did. 

BB dealt Moss in 2010 to fix Brady, Brady was good again, and won the MVP. Brady does not win the MVP in 2010 if BB does not deal Moss. It's the absolute truth.

Pats slap the Jets in December fo 2010 with a good, balanced attack, but Brady wanted to do that again, by mostly throwin in the rematch in the postseason. It backfired.

BB likely had a pretty stern conversation at the end of the year with Brady or maybe he just walked from Welkie as his way of telling Brady that enough is enough.

ok i agree they did get away from running the ball and have done so in the past. but, in the seattle game you can't deny that the defense should've/could've won the game for us. if they followed the gameplan so well and excuted well they wouldn't have given up 10 points thru 3 quarter then two TDs in the fourth.. simple as that. it was a bad game overall by both sides of the ball, but in the end we had a chance to win by defense and couldnt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

10 points on the road through 3 qtrs is bad, especially in an  atmosphere like that with a team treating that game like their own personal SB?

We should have been milking clock the entire 4th qtr and kicking FGs if need be, with the D playing as well as it did the entire game.

The fact is, when your offense continues to go 3 and out or turn it over in succession like that, it gives the team trailing, with noting to lose, the ability to play free and easy, with a door wide open for them to step through.

Our offense has let teams off the hook many times since our finesse shotgun spread base was implemented with the D taking the blame every time.

Look at SB 42.  That should have been the main example and that happened in January 2008.

Again, this is now over, with Welkie gone and Brady unable to find the crack pipe in the drawer, so that is the good news.  

I posted this to show more proof that it's not some myth with why Brady has led our team to stupid losses.

Just because the D isn't able to go 100% in bailing him out in those cases, does not mean it's on the D. That should never, ever have happened to begin with. Take the sack!  Eat the ball!  Throw it away!  Run it 3 straight times to take 2:30 off the clock and play field position.

Things like that.  Everything was going swimmingly until your realize how many times he's chosen to throw it and how easy it gets as the game goes for defenses to defend the predictability.

I mean, 58 pass attempts with a lead??! That's absolutely insane. Certifiable.

pats went 3 and out once in the fourth quarter, btw. i'm not trying to take blame off of Brady. he threw two horrible picks and one deep in the red zone. but the defense need just one stop and couldn't get one when they were doing so all game.

Super Bowl 42- Brady was getting knocked around all f$$$ing game. five minutes left after doing nothing all game he leads the team downfield and hits Moss on a quick slant with 2:40 left to give us a 14-10 lead. Don't u even dare try and blame Brady. He did what he could in the end after getting wailed all game.  the luckiest play i've ever seen in the Tyree catch and Asante Samuel dropping a sure INT (the only thing he was good for) were reasons why we lost that game. We had bad luck and Asante dropped a sure ball. Braady put the team is position that game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re:

I always wondered about what the O-coordinator, Brady and the guys upstairs see and why they decide to run or go away from the run. I remember they were running at will vs. Atlanta , almost an entire drive just needed one pass on the red zone to complete it. Then next series when they could have just exhausted the Atlanta defensive front pretty much for the game, they started passing (and stalling the drive). Atlanta had not stopped the run yet...so why go to the pass? or are they smart enough to see a shift on the defense when it happens and not wait to be stopped before going directly to the pass. They could have chewed up huge chunks of time sticking with primarily run and kept ATL offense off the field so they must have seen something, anyone know?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re:

So we have a QB that will get in some punk's face and talk some smack (and usually back it up) and now that's a bad thing? Losing that game had more to do with Tavon (super reach) Wilson having balls go sailing over his head for 80 yard touchdowns, than anything else.

Just think...if rusty's mom had purchased him a gallon of milk when he was a kid, he wouldn't of had that vitamin D deficiency....and to think this all could of been avoided:( 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re:

The stupid part of all of this is Sherman explained what happened.  He said himself that Chancellor said something to Brady to initiate the smack talking.  Brady said "who are you?" to chancellor, and then Sherman got involved with it.  The rest is noted.  No big deal.  Just the cameras caught "Are you mad, bro?"....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

Isn't it all the mroe reason to run if your QB is being teed off on in the shotgun?  Hello?

As for the "one 3 and out" in the 4th qtr, how long was that drive? I supposed I could look it up myself.  But, 3 runs in a row or even a run on that 3rd down, guarantees clock.  I believe had 1 INT in the 4th as well so that's two drives that lost field position and momentum.  Not sure if those were on successive drives or not.

On the 3 and out, though. if it's an incompletion  from a pass and that doesn't run clock, that's not a good idea. Maybe if we had committed to a run in the first half, to some degree in SB 42 or the Seattle game, we win those games?  I am not saying run it every time on 3rd down in the 4th qtr, but clearly if you're predictable on offense based on not trying to run at all earlier, you've really made it very difficult on yourself to ice the game.

This happened in Baltimore the week  before, too. They ignored the run game in that one as well, with a major lead.

There is no point in you trying to argue with me or deflect. I was suspicious of an ego problem and Brady wanting to make more history with stats, at the expense of the win, as careless as he's played at times, but this is  more primary sourced proof of that notion unless you feel Sherman is lying. I don't feel he is based on what I saw at halftime with Brady walking into the lockeroom with Sherman and Brady in tow.

Again, I think it's over. I think BB had a little chat, and if not, walking from Welkie after Brady restructured, is proof enough it is over.

Keep in mind, BB dealt Moss MID SEASON in 2010.  Not an accident.

I just want it on record, that I saw, what I was fearful of was a lot more about Brady than anything having to do with our defense.  I could list numerous other games like this, too, many of which came in 2011 in particular. Giants game, Dallas, even the Pitt game where the D was awesome in the second half with 6 sacks and setting our offense up with chance after chance.

[/QUOTE]

i totally agree with the underlined point. they def had turned to the pass way too much during the 2007-2011 seasons, but also they were very unsuccessful running the ball against good D's and i guess they thought there was no point trying. And your defense also has to be taken intoaccount bcz they couldn't stop anything at times..

also they dealt Moss becuase he started becoming a real locker room problem bcz Brady wasn't giving him the ball.

they didn't deal Moss cuz of Brady. Your point on BB letting Welkie walk cuz brady was too attached makes sense and could be the real reason. The reason the got rid of Moss was cuz he was b**ching and turning into his old self.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

Dude, it's almost the same scenario.  Moss was putting himself above the team.

Welkie, pre Jets playoff loss did it as well.  He was giving the Jets fuel by mocking Rexie's creepy foot fetish.  BB wisely benched Welker for the first series. Unforunaately, as we were steamrolling down the field with Edelman, he threw that awful INT.

Then, Welkie disappeared in that game, Brady plauyed poorly and Welkie went to the contract table all through the summer of 2011.  

Welker then quielty rejected NE's best deal in October of 8 mil per GUARANTEED which meant he would be tagged at 9.5 in 2012.  Welkie wasn't understanding that was BB's best deal and it was more then generous because BB was trying to move a bit away from the Welker-centric offense anyway.

Moss was lobbying for balls into the lockout in 2010.  Do you really think, even subiminally, Brady was not trying to feed Welkie last year to give him better leverage for the contract Brady feels Welker deserves? I do.  Look at how many times Brady looked for Welker in the AFC title game!  It was an insane amount of targets.

Think about it: BB started Edelman over Welker in 2012 through Week 2 and still kept him on the field as an X WR in Baltimore into Week 3 until that Ed Reed helmet to helmet cheap shot in the end zone.

Edelman got hurt and Seattle was the next week.

See?

Moss being more demonstrative about being paid as opposed to Welkie who was doing it more quietly behind the scenes.

Turn on NFLN right now!  Shotgun and Pats being talked about as "an innovation". I call it more of a gimmick more so than "innovation".

"Can it be a base offense? I still think we're working through all of that." - Greg Cosell

I happen to say NO, it cannot be a base offense and it's only a wrinkle like the Run and Shoot, the Hurry Up (or that in conjunction with that Coryell R and S), Read Option or Wildcats.

You cannot establish a run out ofa shotgun. Welkie was only effective out of the shotgun and targeting him took away carries from our lead RB.

Woodhead and Welker as fun as they are to watch, when Brady used them too much in a base shotgun spread, against good or great Ds, were ALWAYS LOSSES unless our D bailed out Brady's poor game.

Absolute truth and fact.

What is disturbing is Brady somehow thinking he could throw and throw more into the second half and not realizing it always backfired.

Through all of this our D was blamed, when in reality, it was the D under enormous pressure to ice games on their own.

[/QUOTE]

i agree Brady targeted Welker way too much the last couple years and would just straight up stare him down.

but last year, to me the most over targeted guy was Brandon Lloyd. Lloyd was open maybe half the times brady threw to him, atleast welker did something with his catches Lloyd had barely any YAC. but like i said i agree welker was overtargeted and yes he did put his contract situatuon and himself over the team and that pissed off BB more than anything.

look going into 2012 i had a feeling it was welker's last year and it was. we can't win SB's the way the welker O worked.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

\

Somewhat disagree on the Lloyd thing.  He was open a lot and Brady had preferred binkines, literally in order:

Welker

Gronk

Hernandez or Branch

Lloyd

Lloyd, Ocho, whoever the X guy was in this ShotgunSpread/West Coast hybrid, has been totally ignored in big spots by Brady for YEARS. This goes back to 2007, too.

Moss always lined up at the Z. Welker, in the slot. The only reason why that ying and yang scenario worked so well is because if teams doubled Moss, the middle of the field was wide open. If they didn't, Brady would throw it up for a jump ball for Moss. 

Brady being that spoiled, weakend his other QB skills. Brady was actually better in 2006 or 2010 than he was in 2007, 2011 or last year.

[/QUOTE]

if you look back at a lot of Lloyd's targets they were forced. Lloyd was like top 20 in targets and was like top 30 in yards. bad ratio. also he caught only half the balls thrown to him. i don't like that ratio either. thats just my opinon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Re:

You have chosen to ignore posts from Harvey-Wallbanger.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re:

Ugh.

Jesus.

Well he has not been "reined in" yet. The Patriots are techincally running the ball slightly less than last year (42.8% vs 42.9%). They are also averaging the same about (4.1 yards) per carry.

Secondly, the passes attempts are not beind spread out any better than last year. In 2012, 304 of 641 passes were to two guys Welker and Lloyd. This year, 82 of 158 passes so far are to Edelman or Thompkins. Nothing has changed on the offensive side of the ball except scoring is down. 

So if you are correct and the problem is Brady (which I disagree with) then things are not any better.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

I guess you feel we need a new HC, eh Megatool? Obviously by your reckoning, he can't control his team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

Banned so many times for being right and the truth by some not wanting to be known.  

You have been banned because, you are, Megatool.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

I may what?  

People have trying to get me to fade away for being right here for 3 years,

You are wrong 98% of the time dumbkoff. That's because you are a mental case and a liar, not to mention, stupid.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re:

"I read it on the Internet - it supports my conspiracy - it must be true" - Wallbanger

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

I come to my own conclusions from my own observations, thanks.

Don't lie. "The voices" help you all the time. Nutjob.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.