You Want A Dark Cloud (NCAA Football)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: You Want A Dark Cloud (NCAA Football)

In response to NedBraden's comment:

How is a sidebar discussion intended to exchange what people might feel the cause is in this recent rash of arrests in the NFL, "an agenda"?

"You Want A Dark Cloud" c'mon dude, you know what you were going for here.  Stop acting like you didn't.  I wasn't the only one who caught it either.  Troll!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

How is a sidebar discussion intended to exchange what people might feel the cause is in this recent rash of arrests in the NFL, "an agenda"?

"You Want A Dark Cloud" c'mon dude, you know what you were going for here.  Stop acting like you didn't.  I wasn't the only one who caught it either.  Troll!

Yeah, it's because NYC started a thread about a "dark cloud" over the Pats as a team because one player of ours is involved in a serious off field incident. He's NOT a player here anymore, though. I don't fall for childish drama like you do.

Next, I believe it goes much deeper than a current NFL player deciding to do a hit near his house for whatever the reason. I feel these kinds of incidents that happen off the field could be cut off at the pass or at least minimized with a stronger, more proactive management style at the developmental level in the NCAA.

You go to college to get a degree, but also to mature.  That's really what it's all about. If you have players not going to class, having tests done for them, getting cars, cash from agents, etc, this creates a false sense of entitlement in future years. 

The NCAA turned their heads with this for YEARS and acted like they didn't know it was going on.

I think the NCAA leadership is a fraud, the agents need to be watched and Goodell has a responsibility, if not legislators to protect taxpayers who contribute tax dollars to this current situation in all states that have state level sponsorship. You don't go to college to use your education as a backdrop just to be able to play football and allow the leaders of the institution to run off like bandits.  It's a lose/lose situation. What's happening there is similar to how Bud Selig managed MLB from the mid 1990s into the 2000s. He knew there were roids. He knew. He turned his head for money. Homeruns = more revenue and the union has power and knows more homeruns equals more money for them in FA. But, who loses? The fans.  The customer.

If you still choose not to engage in this discussion, then please stop following me around in the thread. You are currently a troll here on this board with your behavior.  SeattlePat just called you out on it, so clearly it's not just me who sees it with you.

Everyone calls you on a lot of things, Rusty.  Doesn't seem to stop you at all.  So stop being such a hypocrite!

Do you really think that had the NCAA been more strict that Aaron Hernandez wouldn't be in jail right now accused of murder?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Instead of reprimanding Hernandez, Florida should have kicked him off the team.

Then he wouldn't have been drafted.

Maybe he wouldn't be in jail right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I feel these kinds of incidents that happen off the field could be cut off at the pass or at least minimized with a stronger, more proactive management style at the developmental level in the NCAA.

So what kind of incidents are you talking about then?

Do you even know what you write anymore.  I don't think you went to college.  Did you graduate HS? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I feel these kinds of incidents that happen off the field could be cut off at the pass or at least minimized with a stronger, more proactive management style at the developmental level in the NCAA.

So what kind of incidents are you talking about then?

Do you even know what you write anymore.  I don't think you went to college.  Did you graduate HS? 

[/QUOTE]

Umm, anything illegal or very dangerous and questionable?  Do you read a book on a regular basis? I think not.  Your reading comprehension by the post, is just horrific.

[/QUOTE]

Your communication has to be worse then a young childs.  Probably because nobody talks to you in real life with the name calling and childish behavior that you do.  Apparently the only communication practice you get is on here and the phone sales calls you spend all day making.  Believe me, it shows. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

not to generalize or point fingers, but how many ncaa football/basketball players could even get into a community college? to me this is where it all starts. the ncaa recruits based on talent, and nothing else. its all about the money.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow. This is all you have in your last desperate troll attempt?  You can't even use proper grammar, can't say what your job is and think "then" is the same a "than".

Just remove yourself fromt the thread. You've already made a fool of yourself. 

That's the best you have?  BTW, what's really funny is you talk about grammar and then you spell fromt.  fromt?  Is that a word?  Hahahahahaha!!  What a goof!  That's an epic fail. 

Usually I don't care to even mention grammar around here, it's an internet forum for crying out loud.  The only people that bring up grammar issues are the people who are digging for stuff to attack with, the grammar thing is always the last resort.  But since you did then I will go a head and bring up your spelling problem.  I do a lot of posting while I am doing other things, just like I was doing earlier.  I was bbq'ing and not paying attention that there was a grammar policeman on the forum, so sorry about the then/than mistake.  What's your excuse?  fromt!  Hahahaha!!

You probably should call it a night, as I look through all the threads you make a fool of yourself and continue to get owned.  Maybe you will have better luck in the morning.  I doubt it, but you can always hope!  Troll!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rusty, a good analysis and it was refreshing to read something from you that was not an apology for Belichick or a mocking of Brady. Thanks. 

However, "AH based posts pop up that basically do the same thing, which is add unnecessary and irrational drama to the situation"

With all due respect, there's no way to add to the drama of AH. AH created this drama. 

Sorry but it's going to take me a little while to wrap my head around a pro football player in his prime, one of the stars on my team and a key part of the offense, go down for being a cold blooded assasin. 

I realize why you would want to deflect this board away from our team's predicament and Belichick's accountability, but sorry dude - even OJ waited till after retirement to whack somebody. 

For you it works out, putting the horrible tragedy aside, because if the team struggles offensively in the regular season or the post season you'll have one more reason to pile on Brady. 

For the rest of us we'd prefer he'd have some skill position players to throw to that aren't mini-me's, injured, in jail or picked up off the "Belichick value pick" scrap heap. 

Any day now we're going to start hearing about one of our talented young receivers not being able to grasp the ridiculous complexity of the offense. 

But back to the topic at hand, yeah, NCAA Football is corrupt. That's why pro football personnel departments are going to have to dig deeper I think in scouting and young player investigation/development. I don't expect the NCAA to change. It would take an incident that could be more directly tied to them than Hernandez.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I alluded to this a couple of days ago. Defletion eases his mind. He's the guy with the six year old son who'se killing cats and frogs in their back yard and talks about the neighbor's kid who'se killing dogs. Accept it, hone up to it and move the fug on. These protracted diatribes of protecting the organization at all cost won't win any real fans over unless they share a similar psychological dysfunction. I'm totally with you on this one. Like the way you roll bro.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Rusty

I wrote the dark cloud post but you are right: the problem starts much earlier. The NCAA's greed is a big factor but so is everything that promotes the athletes sense of lack of responsibility and entitlement. This goes beyond the NCAA and back to HS andbeyond. If someone had sanctioned AH for gang membership we may not have this present crisis.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

College athletes don’t come without attachments.  I agree money is an issue, but it’s a side issue.   But, these athletes have families and communities who all buy into the universities brand connected to the football field. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

Hers a different look at things .why is it mostly NBA and NFL players getting into trouble?I heard this conversation on WEEI the other day and baseball and hockey players come out early  sometimes at 18 and never go to college but they seem to handle the transition ok.So I dont get whats different happening in other sports any iedas?

I guess I'd like to see the statistics to understand if it really is true that NBA and NFL players are more prone to committing crimes than MLB and NHL players.  Regardless, boxers are probably the most notorious for violent crimes (probably goes with the sport and the brain damage that ensues) and at least one skateboarder was downright creepy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Rogowski

Overall, I think more players in the NBA and NFL are Americans.  MLB and NHL both recruit heavily from other countries (Latin America for baseball; Canada and Europe for hockey).  Of course, the NBA has recently started to recruit from Europe pretty heavily too, but football remains mostly American.  Not sure that has anything to do with anything, but kids who have bad influences from home are not going to be easily separated from those influences if they stay in the same country.  A lot of sports players come from fairly disadvantaged backgrounds where it's easy to have contact with gangs and other bad influences.  They aren't getting away from those influences if they remain relatively close to home.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Good post, I wonder where colleges should get to deal with these problems internally and through the NCAA sanctions people and when it should be handled by the actual authorities as fraud?

I wondered why Pete Carroll came back to the NFL and then the scandal erupted, then I wondered why Chip Kelly jumped and same thing. It seems these guys are allowed to contribute to the problem and then jump off when what they see .

It's tainted me to the point that I believe that any school competing at the highest level is cheating and just hasn't been caught. I wonder what will be discovered when Saban decides to jump?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The BCS/Bowl series makes far too much money for the NCAA to even consider a more fair and relevant way to determine an a national champion. Too much money at stake. Also the NCAA and it teams are fraught with teams that undermine the rules and only a few actually get caught.

Sections
Shortcuts