You wanted more running, you got it... BUT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You wanted more running, you got it... BUT

At the moment the Pats are tops in the league with 35.4 rush attempts a game. But sadly we are 11th best in yards per carry. But we are #1 in scoring and Brady is #6 in passing.

Where are all these wins we were promised if we would just run more?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: You wanted more running, you got it... BUT

Comparing apples to apples, the Patriots are 14th in yards per passing attempt, so they are actually better at running the ball...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I thought we were blaming the defense lately?  Blaming the offense is passe. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At the moment the Pats are tops in the league with 35.4 rush attempts a game. But sadly we are 11th best in yards per carry. But we are #1 in scoring and Brady is #6 in passing.

Where are all these wins we were promised if we would just run more?

[/QUOTE]

Why sadly? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought we were blaming the defense lately?  Blaming the offense is passe. 

[/QUOTE]

I think we blame offense for losses and the defense for not winning pretty, or maybe I have it backwards...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Geez Babe I think you may have a point here - that it doesn't matter so much how often you run it, but how well you do it annnnnd if you have a defense that can't stop anyone...neither matters.

In conclusion, I might add that Glenn Ordway said on the radio today that Belichick told him two weeks ago the reason they didn't run more last year was personel related (not scheme or philosophy). He thinks the personel is better this year than last. Shocking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Win more or less wasn't in question, either way the Pat's win. 

Win in the postseason was the objective, but you guys already have your minds made up so I won't be trying to convince you of anything. 

Lets wait for the post season results to see if they match 2001, 03,' 04' and then you can pat yourselves on the back if we lose. 

Of course if increased running does translate to a Super Bowl ring I'm sure it will be all Brady's doing anyhow...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The Patriots out rushed the Jets yesterday and the Jets out passed the Patriots. Vereen and Ridley each had some decent runs but they kept changing and not allowing the running game to get into a flow.  Yards per carry isn't an accurate indicator if the back doesn't have many carries. Clearly the jets intended to slow the running game. IMO the running game is the least of their worries.