Young Patriot you are most exited about?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Young Patriot you are most exited about?

New England just picked up a handful of vets, but also (as we know) has a large youth movement going on simultaneously. Of all the first and second year people on the squad, who are you most exited about after reading news from camp? Why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Young Patriot you are most exited about?

You left out the Zoltan

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Gronkowski and McCourty showed a lot last year for first year players, but that whole list has the potential to a nice core for the next 5-6 years if the rookies are what they are advertised to be!! Would love to see Price make the leap to be a big contributor this year, would help the recieving corps in a big way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Hernandez and Spikes showed a lot last year for first year players, but that whole list has the potential to a nice core for the next 5-6 years if the rookies are what they are advertised to be!! Would love to see Cunningham make the leap to be a big contributor this year, would help the front seven in a big way

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I voted for Dowling. I can't wait to see how improved the secondary is this season. Even if McCourty takes a step back from his incredible rookie year they should be very solid. The way Arrington is going in camp right now they could be looking at 3 maybe even 4 very good corners and I expect big things from Pat Chung this season as well

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think Chung is poised to have a very good year even though he's a 3rd year player.  I chose Spikes from the list because I think he's been humbled by his off field stuff and from what we've read he's ready to build on the pretty good year he had last year.  I like what we've been reading about his attitude and approach.  He brings it in practice and could be a very good ILB for this team for years to come.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Young Patriot you are most exited about?:
    [QUOTE]You left out the Zoltan
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Rock solid point Mighty. My bad. Punters count too. I also left out Solder, but only because I was really refering to skill positions.

Should have put both of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I think Gronk is going to have a huge year...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Mr Vereen could very well be the run/pass threat we've been missing since Curtis Martin.Can't wait til this kids finally hits the field!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

When I consider Gronk, Hernandez, and McCourty were good last year I would say I expect the same this year and would really be dissapointed if they aren't great players.  I don't expect Taylor Price and Dowling to see much play time this year unless there are injuries.  So that leaves- Vereen, Ridley and 
    Cunningham.

And I just think Vereen is in a good position to make an impact now because I don't think another RB has the same skill set right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

My money is on Price. if the reports from camp are true, in terms of him getting a lot of reps as the 4th WR, I'm excited. He adds pure speed, good hands, and if Brady has confidence in him, he proves he knows the playbook, and can get reps, etc. he provides that deep threat WR we've been needing to compliment CJ, Branch, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

i've read lots of reports saying that gronk is the best player on the field at training camp

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Young Patriot you are most exited about?:
    [QUOTE]New England just picked up a handful of vets, but also (as we know) has a large youth movement going on simultaneously. Of all the first and second year people on the squad, who are you most exited about after reading news from camp? Why?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

McCourty is great, but he's not news

Anything Gronk more can bring to the table on a regular basis would be news

My sleeper pick would be Shane Vereen.  It would be nice to have a runningback who can run between the tackles AND catch passes in space to make defenders miss so teams have to honor both threats.  But he has to get healthy first.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm excited about Gronk's potential, but I'm kinda expecting great things from him.  Taylor Price is the guy I'm excited about in a breakout player kind of way.  Chad Jackson has me really gun shy about getting too excited in training camp, but I have a feeling Taylor Price is going to shine this year.  I have no good logic to back that up.  If you read between the lines in the training camp reports, it sounds like he is getting more and more attention from Brady.  I'm thinking that means something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

i'm the most excited about a few guys potential more than that of guys we already know are good (ie gronk,devin).

if taylor price performs
    and once ras I gets his feel for this level and playing our schemes i'm excited about what he might become.

how both of these might impact our team if development is favorable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Easy- Gronk-Hernandez-Mccourtney Spikes (if healthy a beast inside) and hopefully Price-Tate will be let go-another chad Jackson.sorry! And I believe Arrington will suprise alot of people a football player!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Great responses, everyone.

I voted for Taylor Price myself to kick it off. From what I hear in camp, he is doing extremely well, and he might be the best overall athlete on that side of the ball. He is getting reps like a 4th wideout. If he continues to improve he could steal some first team reps. I am exited to see if this guy 6'2" 200 4.36 40, can pick up the offense and let his natural athletic ability shine ... if he does, watch out NFL.

After that, Spikes would be my backup. The reports on Spikes show him flying around the field. I think this kid is a playmaker. Not just a 'take out the trash" ILB in the mold of players like Ted Johnson. He has an instinct to punch the ball loose, make a sly interception, and NE hasn't tapped his potential as an interior blitzer which is anothjer natural forte of his, all those things he did in Florida, he can do here, and the camp reports seem to show that the game has slowed down evern more for him after an impressive rookie campaign.

I didn't vote for McCourty and Gronk simply because I was already expecting great things from them. For me to be "surprised" by them, they would have to set NFL records at their positions this upcomiong season. IOW, they were already fantastic, and I have expectations for them.

Lol, guess it's human nature to get spoiled really quickly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Price for me, I  really believe this kid will be special. A lot of time invested in him to this point and for good reasons.

I would love our running game to be a fear factor so would really hope for Vereen to be the real deal. Only time will tell but overall great post and a lot of guys to be excited about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have seen Vereen only once this summer. He can turn the corner, which no one on the Pats has done in a few years. Even Woody prefers to run between the tackles. Vereen in the open field should be pretty exciting.
    Of course, this is assuming health.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd say Gronk and Vareen. Gronk I believe has the ability to just dominate. And Vareen...and this may be a stretch... kind of reminds me of Brian Westbrook. A low center of gravity guy that looks like if he stays healthy could turn into that type of guy that could stay on the field for every down. I can't imagine the pats would spend a second round pick on him if they didn't believe that as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

really no edleman???   breakout year...

also his college coach compared vareen to marshall faulk... if he is 1/3 that...that is one hell of a pick...

haha did someone tell the babe mankins is here for good?? hahahahahahaha

oh ya i did about a month ago on one of his silly blog entries

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

My vote is for Spikes. Everytime I hear the Locals on the radio talk about him they say he looks better than last year and he looked pretty good last year for a rookie. Add to that the Patriots revamping their D-Line and that can only mean good things for Spikes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

We already know that Gronk, Hernandez and McCourty are REALLY good players. So of course we are excited about them. I think it is more interesting to ask which young player who has yet to make an impact are you excited about (I would not inlcude Haynesworth or Chad O here because they are also proven). On that score I would suggest the following players:

- Vereen
    - Price
    - Moore
    - Pryor
    - Smith

Vereen may end up being a significant difference on O in the second half of the year. Price.... fingers crossed... Moore and/or Pryor could be surprises to many. Can Smith do the really great job Crumpler did last year?

I would include the following except that I think they impact later
    - Dowling
    - Solder

Sections
Shortcuts