Young Patriot you are most exited about?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Young Patriot you are most exited about?

The God of YAC, Hernandez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Good thread, Z.

As DMC, Gronk and Hernadez have already established themselves, my attention turns to players like Price, Spikes and Vereen.

Price is the guy that has me the most curious.  Good size kid, excellent straightline speed and athleticism and could fill the void as the player who "can take the top off the defense".  I like his upside and look forward to watching him tonight.

Outside of Price, I'm looking at Vereen and Spikes.  I think both have the ability to impact on their respective side of the ball.

Two other players not listed that I think will see a good uptick in PT and performance are S Sergio Brown and LB Dane Fletcher.  IMO, both flashed some ability during limited reps last season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: Young Patriot you are most exited about?:
    [QUOTE]Good thread, Z. As DMC, Gronk and Hernadez have already established themselves, my attention turnes to players like Price, Spikes and Vereen. Price is the guy that has me the most curious.  Good size kid, excellent straightline speed and athleticism and could fill the void as the player who "can take the top off the defense".  I like his upside and look forward to watching him tonight. Outside of Price, I'm looking at Vereen and Spikes.  I think both have the ability to impact on their respective side fo the ball. Two other players not listed that I think will see a good uptick in PT and performance are S Sergio Brown and LB Dane Fletcher.  IMO, both flashed some ability during limited reps last season.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Hey MB, how goes it? Good points on Sergio and Dane.

When are you starting the draft thread for 2012 up? I seem to remember last years kicked off right around the 2nd or 3rd week of September. Looking forward to it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Young Patriot you are most exited about? : Hey MB, how goes it? Good points on Sergio and Dane. When are you starting the draft thread for 2012 up? I seem to remember last years kicked off right around the 2nd or 3rd week of September. Looking forward to it...
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

PL,
    Things are good, pumped to watch some Patriots' football tonight!

I'm targeting week 1 of the college season, can't wait to get started!  We should have a lot to discuss/debate with the potential inclusion of 43 talent into the mix.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Young Patriot you are most exited about? : PL, Things are good, pumped to watch some Patriots' football tonight! I'm targeting week 1 of the college season, can't wait to get started!  We should have a lot to discuss/debate with the potential inclusion of 43 talent into the mix.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

That is a can of worms for some, lol.

I think in practice, it was always on the board. NE tends to take talented players. I think the only guys that never really have a chance here are 4-3 light Lbers, the 230 lb wonders who just wouldn't work with what BB does in 43 or 34, and the short stout undertackle types.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Young Patriot you are most exited about? : That is a can of worms for some, lol. I think in practice, it was always on the board. NE tends to take talented players. I think the only guys that never really have a chance here are 4-3 light Lbers, the 230 lb wonders who just wouldn't work with what BB does in 43 or 34, and the short stout undertackle types.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Fair point ha, I agree that he'll stick to his positional height/weight/length preferences, allowing him to maintain potential scheme versatility.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not sure if Anderson makes the team, but 1 quarter into this pre season game and he's got more pass rush potential than anyone we had on our roster last year. Wow, what a burst, with length.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Solid athletic play by Price, solid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah. Anderson is a vet. But he has some special athleticism at the edge that NE has really lacked since Colvin departed.

@MB, yeah price looks serious. Well, faster and more athletic than any WR not named Moss I can recall here. I hope his head can get around the offense ... he will be special.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Big ups for Fletcher too. He looks great. NE has an embarassment of riches at ILB oout there.

Their nickel and 4-3 sets could load up with Spikes, Mayo and Fletcher. It would be sick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I chose Stevan Ridley a couple hours back, and here he comes for 6!  Among the other guys, my choice of Ridley is based solely on my belief that some of the others on zb's list here, Are much more certain impact young NE players:  Spikes, maybe the people who gave 'im cr#p about his 40 time, then MORE cr#p about his ADHD med not being listed (when he sat out 4 games)...I've written thread after thread about how Spikes is more critical during the game, than even Mayo (IF Spikes doesn't produce in a 3-4 strongside, there IS little to no Jerod Mayo). 

Gronkowski, DMC, Hernandez=ALL of them I have much more faith in, due to what I've seen already...  The only 2 others imo are: Taylor Price & Jermaine Cunningham, but w/ Price from what I've seen with his seperation ability in route-running...I have much less concerns w/ him producing.  And Cunningham, I'm a bit more concerned from the weak reports with his play thus far in camp, but he produced pretty d$mn good last year, for a collegiate DE makin' the switch to a Bill Belichick 3-4 OLB.

The quality of Ridley's big power-back contributions (or lack), imho becomes more critical due to the fact that power-backs have always fared well in NE's zone-blocking scheme, and lately (like for 5 years), every single one we get, gets injured (Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris...again & again & again).  Also, after Ridley depth-wise, I have no faith in any one else's even moderate health, or anything.  Ridley becomes so key in both short-yardage, and 100X moreso, In BOTH NE's Offense running out the clock in the 2nd half (b/c way more often than not, NE's further ahead by halftime, or 3rd quarter than they end up being by the end of the game), and taking advantage of a more worn out opposition's defense...  And this ball-control, power clock eating type of game, that NE needs, ALSO greatly affects the Defense, and how Pats Defense fares late in any game (How many times in the 3rd and 4th qtr, do we see Pats going 3 and out, 3 and out, again and again on Offense?).  THIS just as much as Pats going to an extreme form of bend don't break Defense, when they're up (CBs off-man, not press-coverage; No blitzing, and when they do, it's very gravy-1 standard weakside OLB blitz here & there; Deeper zone coverage for Pats Safeties, etc..)=ALL this can be greatly affected IF Pats O can keep their D off the field for even 1 more set of clock-eating downs, after NE goes up in the game...    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Thanks, Z.

Agreed on Price, kid has it all physically as well as athletically.

Thoughts on Solder?  Short timer in camp, got the start at LT and doesn't at all look out of place.  I know it's early, but wow that kid can move.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Price, Fletcher and Ridley clearly stood out to me in the 1st half of the game. Fletcher looked quick and powerful. Price, amazing catch in the end zone on a ball that was thrown behind him. Good concentration holding on and keeping his feet in bounds. Ridley powerful and deceptively elusive. Nice short area quickness. Solder too looked liked he held down the left side well. All and all, nice work by those 4..many other mentions. Slater nice grab on the sideline, good ST play. he will be one to watch and see if BB hangs on to him. At this point, I think I would keep him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

I only caught a few highlights (in a DC bar that had the Ravens game on), but I saw Fletcher come in hard at the the LOS and just crush the RB for no gain.  Looks good from what I can see--very excited!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]We already know that Gronk, Hernandez and McCourty are REALLY good players. So of course we are excited about them. I think it is more interesting to ask which young player who has yet to make an impact are you excited about (I would not inlcude Haynesworth or Chad O here because they are also proven). On that score I would suggest the following players: - Vereen - Price - Moore - Pryor - Smith Vereen may end up being a significant difference on O in the second half of the year. Price.... fingers crossed... Moore and/or Pryor could be surprises to many. Can Smith do the really great job Crumpler did last year? I would include the following except that I think they impact later - Dowling - Solder
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

if vereen makes it on the field enough, i'd love to see what he can do as well.
    spikes doing good would not surprise me.
    but add vereen to price and dowling on my list i hope to be pleasantly surprised and excited by.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Young Patriot you are most exited about? : They have him taking reps there. That is exciting to me that they switched him and Mayo. Bedard's reasoning, which I like, is that Spikes playing there would free Mayo to use his speed to make plays on the ball.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

re:"Spikes playing there would free Mayo to use his speed to make plays on the ball."
    yes z, thats definitely a no brainer there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Young Patriot you are most exited about? : Me too. I'm looking forward to seeing Mayo on the outside, Spikes playing inside. What really makes me giddy, is that the pass rush can come from anywhere and everywhere this year. We are not dependent on 1 sackmaster coming from 1 position to light up the opposing QB..If guys play to their potential, we are bringing the heat up the middle, from the end, from Mayo or Guyton on the outside, DB, etc. I hope BB uses this D to apply pressure early and often, take some calculated risks, etc.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

for this reason i hope we keep the 3 we just brought in., even if carter is a 1 trick pony

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I expect more great things from Gronk/McCourty/Hernandez/Spikes this year. Im most excited about Price. Has amazing speed, good size and should know the system rather well now. With Tate injured( I think ), its Price's time to show what he is made of. Being realistic, a 25 catch, 400 yard and 2-4 TD season would be awesome from Price as the #4. No way he beats out Welker/Ocho/Branch but I think he might beat out Tate and produce in this "spread the ball around" offense. Im going to be watching him every play he is in during the preseason, I want to see how he looks. Im also looking forward to watching Ryan Mallet play, I have low expectations seeing as he is a QB who missed OTA's and he probably hasn't digested half the playbook yet but the kid has amazing potential. Hopefully, he gets to play in all 4 pre-season games.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

price is all over tate in my opinion at this point.
    if we develop another returner from the squad, it might be time to release tate and use the spot for another player ie we will be carrying a lot of older d lineman, we could use the extra.
    i think tates hanging by a thread.
    if he doesnt improve, i dont know why you'd keep him past this year for sure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I only caught a few highlights (in a DC bar that had the Ravens game on), but I saw Fletcher come in hard at the the LOS and just crush the RB for no gain.  Looks good from what I can see--very excited!
    Posted by USMCM1A1[/QUOTE]

He did .. twice. Two TFLs and both werre convincing. I know he played againt backups, but still, your job in those games is to show the other guys up.

I think he and Price were *extremely* convincing doing that. Especially Price, who looked like the best player on the field when he was on the field.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

After watching last Night I'd have no problem changing my vote to Fletcher. I thought he was the one guy that stood out a little bit above everyone else. I'm not as worried about Linebacker depth as I was yesterday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]After watching last Night I'd have no problem changing my vote to Fletcher. I thought he was the one guy that stood out a little bit above everyone else. I'm not as worried about Linebacker depth as I was yesterday.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]
     I have to agree with you on this one. I think that the emergence of Dane Fletcher is going to shock folks around the league. Not only is he athletic he's extremely smart and it wouldn't surprise me to see him calling the defense at middle linebacker somewhere along the line this season. It still amazes me that this guy went undrafted.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Young Patriot you are most exited about?

Hmm, that's a tough one. On account of the fact that the Pats 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & now 4th year players have NEVER won a playoff game. just sayin'  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]Young Patriot you are most exited about? Hmm, that's a tough one. On account of the fact that the Pats 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & now 4th year players have NEVER won a playoff game. just sayin'  
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Same can be said for the *ahem* BOLTS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Gronk for sure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Vareen !  

If he can be a dinamic RB for tom brady, NE offense will be unstoppable !!!