YOUR First 3 Picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

YOUR First 3 Picks

i'll go d. still
           jenkins or smith (i think jenkins goes to st louis or indy at top of rd 2)

3rd pick trade up from 48 to about 40 for alshon jeffery with a mid/late pick from next year and 48 (excited about the idea of this guy on our team. drew double teams constantly, catches the ball anywhere, huge and uncoverable
           best olb/de left 4th pick
           rd 3 and 4 to kick around d line (martin?)and maybe o line or opposite jenkins smith pick whoever we get
            udfa rb and wr ( sleeper slto junior hemingway)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: YOUR First 3 Picks

Jerel Worthy  DT  MichSt
    Shea McClellin OLB  BoiseSt
    trade
    Brandon Boykin  CB  Georgia
    Greg Childs  WR  Arkansas

On Jenkins.  There seems to be more character bashing going on here than is necessary.  Someone is planning a "steal".  I do wonder if the Pats have done any checking on the kid and what they found. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd be pretty damn happy with, Coby Fleener, Whitney Mercilus and Derek Wolfe. I think you got to take a talent like Fleener if he's there (which he won't be) and you almost have to pass out if Mercilus is there (I think he'll be one of those guys that moves much much higher than we think). I think Wolfe is going to be a heck of a defensive end in the 34 and will make some team really happy.

Devon Still is an interesting player - it looks like he is dropping - there was a time when he was considered a top ten pick. He moves as well as any of these big defensive linemen, but he doesn't hold his ground as well.

Some others I'd like to see:
    Sanu
    Andre Branch
    Curry
    Kendall Reyes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Since I don't have a crystal ball I'll just say my preferences: If Janoris Jenkins falls to the bottom of the First round it's a no brainer talent wise so at 31 they have to take him. at 27 The long awaited OLB/DE Shea McClellin. In the second round If Mike Adams falls this far I'd jump all over the place!Then either Jeffery or my favorite Sanu. Now back to reality,BB will probably trade one of the two first rounders into next year and a second or a third this year. I don't think that either Hoyer or Mallet gets traded but if someone offered a high second round pick the Patriots would jump all over that as compensation for either QB. Most likely trade partners: Indy,Cleveland,Tampa Bay and Philly. Indy because they need to get back intop round one to grab either Fleener or Martin,Cleveland is a candidate for a Mallet or Hoyer trade,TB because they need quality first round talent,and Philly because wer always make a trade with them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

#27 - Coby Fleener
    #31 - Shea McClellin
    #48- Kevin Zeitler

Just for gee wiz:

#62 - Brock Osweiler
    #93 - Sean Spence make him a CB
    #126 -Tommy Streeter

heres how CBS sports projects the draft:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Courtney Upshaw/Nick Perry OLB/DE
    Kendell Reyes/ Derek Wolfe DE/DT
    Josh Robinson/Dwight Bentley DB

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Nick Perry
    Devon Still
    Andre Branch
    Josh Robinson/Janoris Jenkins

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

devon still
    harrison smilth
    vinny curry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Jenkins is a train wreck waiting to happen. Trade #27. McCellin appears solid, would like him at 31. Possibly trade up to get Notre Dame's safety. Do NOT under any circumstances trade Mallet; he is close behind the #1 and 2 choices. Way ahead of any other QB in this draft. He's our future QB.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

edit and addendum:

i'll go d. still (top dl available) or mclellin (versatility)

jenkins or smith (i think jenkins goes to st louis or indy at top of rd 2)
    i think shutdown corner has greater value than safety so if jenkins checks out for bb, i go jenkins. otherwise smith

3rd pick trade up from 48 to about 40 for alshon jeffery with a mid/late pick from next year and 48 (excited about the idea of this guy on our team. drew double teams constantly, catches the ball anywhere, huge and uncoverable.

jeffery, gronk, hern, lloyd
    FA-GET-ABOUD-DIT! no stopping them.

best olb/de left 4th pick (curry?)

rd 3 d line (martin?)

4 maybe o line or opposite jenkins smith pick whoever we get ie safety or corner.
       if broyles is there, take him as welker's future replacement

udfa rb and slot wr ( sleeper slot wr junior hemingway)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: YOUR First 3 Picks:
    Jerel Worthy  DT  MichSt Shea McClellin OLB  BoiseSt trade Brandon Boykin  CB  Georgia Greg Childs  WR  Arkansas On Jenkins.  There seems to be more character bashing going on here than is necessary.  Someone is planning a "steal".  I do wonder if the Pats have done any checking on the kid and what they found. 
    Posted by garytx

re "On Jenkins.  There seems to be more character bashing going on here than is necessary.  Someone is planning a "steal".  I do wonder if the Pats have done any checking on the kid and what they found.  "

with you on that.
    boykin is a tough guy and competitor
    mclellin's got the verasatility.
    worthy i wonder about consistency
    like the bigger receivers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I'd be pretty damn happy with, Coby Fleener , Whitney Mercilus and Derek Wolfe . I think you got to take a talent like Fleener if he's there (which he won't be) and you almost have to pass out if Mercilus is there (I think he'll be one of those guys that moves much much higher than we think). I think Wolfe is going to be a heck of a defensive end in the 34 and will make some team really happy. Devon Still is an interesting player - it looks like he is dropping - there was a time when he was considered a top ten pick. He moves as well as any of these big defensive linemen, but he doesn't hold his ground as well. Some others I'd like to see: Sanu Andre Branch Curry Kendall Reyes
    Posted by mthurl

I'd be pretty damn happy with, Coby Fleener, Whitney Mercilus and Derek Wolfe. I think you got to take a talent like Fleener if he's there (which he won't be) and you almost have to pass out if Mercilus is there (I think he'll be one of those guys that moves much much higher than we think). I think Wolfe is going to be a heck of a defensive end in the 34 and will make some team really happy.

Devon Still is an interesting player - it looks like he is dropping - there was a time when he was considered a top ten pick. He moves as well as any of these big defensive linemen, but he doesn't hold his ground as well.

Some others I'd like to see:
    Sanu
    Andre Branch
    Curry
    Kendall Reyes

i too see fleener as one of the best players in the draft. if we got him that would be a STEAL!

mercilus is a potential pass rush stud!

like wolfe.

id be smiling with that :)

like branch and curry
    reyes some.
    sanu could be good. polished but not fast.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Since I don't have a crystal ball I'll just say my preferences: If Janoris Jenkins falls to the bottom of the First round it's a no brainer talent wise so at 31 they have to take him. at 27 The long awaited OLB/DE Shea McClellin. In the second round If Mike Adams falls this far I'd jump all over the place!Then either Jeffery or my favorite Sanu. Now back to reality,BB will probably trade one of the two first rounders into next year and a second or a third this year. I don't think that either Hoyer or Mallet gets traded but if someone offered a high second round pick the Patriots would jump all over that as compensation for either QB. Most likely trade partners: Indy,Cleveland,Tampa Bay and Philly. Indy because they need to get back intop round one to grab either Fleener or Martin,Cleveland is a candidate for a Mallet or Hoyer trade,TB because they need quality first round talent,and Philly because wer always make a trade with them.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

sounds like you have sanu or jeffery at the end of the 2nd. i think they both go top 3rd of the 2nd

you did see that adams tested positve for pot at the combine?

i expect bb if he does his usual will trade down 3 or 4 times and get a bunch of jags and he'll hope a couple of them are better than just jags.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

#27 - Coby Fleener #31 - Shea McClellin #48- Kevin Zeitler Just for gee wiz: #62 - Brock Osweiler #93 - Sean Spence make him a CB #126 -Tommy Streeter heres how CBS sports projects the draft: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/all
    Posted by kansaspatriot

love the fleener and mclellin pick
    zeitler has hellofa versatility and tough (nto sure on the need now, but for the future).

dont like osweiler
    dont know spence
    streeter seems a big gamble with possible upside

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Courtney Upshaw/Nick Perry OLB/DE Kendell Reyes/ Derek Wolfe DE/DT Josh Robinson/Dwight Bentley DB
    Posted by PatsEng

eng whats your complete read of perry. ive been on the fence.
    one of the pro mocks yesterday i saw had still at 27 and upshaw at 31 to us.

whats your assessment of the best case scenario of robinsons's pro potential

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

devon still harrison smilth vinny curry
    Posted by isurfvb24

like it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Jenkins is a train wreck waiting to happen. Trade #27. McCellin appears solid, would like him at 31. Possibly trade up to get Notre Dame's safety. Do NOT under any circumstances trade Mallet; he is close behind the #1 and 2 choices. Way ahead of any other QB in this draft. He's our future QB.
    Posted by rainbowroosie

one agreement i have is keep mallet (unless or until we land someone better).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

#27 traded #31 Derek Wolfe #48 Mohamed Sanu
    Posted by ricky12684

i wouldnt be too happy rick

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Fleener is a TE. We have 3 TE's on the roster, with possibly two of them Pro-Bowlers. Unless we convert him to WR, we have bigger needs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Upshaw
    McLellin
    Robinson/Smith (if avaliable)
    Alshon Jeffrey (slipping rapidly)
    Chris Polk

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In Response to Re: YOUR First 3 Picks : like it
    Posted by bredbru

thanks, im sure the pats wont use both of their first rounders though. i think people are giving up on jermaine cunningham to soon, thats why i dont have them taking a de/olb type player like andre branch,mercelious or nick perry. safety and another big de/dt player up front are the biggest needs in my book. and anyone thinking the pats will take upshaw need to think again, he is a tweener and bb like size at that position, i doubt he is even on the pats draft board.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: YOUR First 3 Picks : thanks, im sure the pats wont use both of their first rounders though. i think people are giving up on jermaine cunningham to soon, thats why i dont have them taking a de/olb type player like andre branch,mercelious or nick perry. safety and another big de/dt player up front are the biggest needs in my book.
    Posted by isurfvb24

thats how i started draft season.
    but i think to make the biggest difference on our team this year, getting playmakers who may be available like jenkins adn jeffery would be immense

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Upshaw McLellin Robinson/Smith (if avaliable) Alshon Jeffrey (slipping rapidly) Chris Polk
    Posted by bgomez

i odnt know if all those guys fall like that. but if they all did, that would be a very healthy draft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In Response to Re: YOUR First 3 Picks : thats how i started draft season. but i think to make the biggest difference on our team this year, getting playmakers who may be available like jenkins adn jeffery would be immense
    Posted by bredbru

i think they are just fine this year with lloyd,welker,hernandez and gronk. enough talent on offense, its the defense that needs to be overhauled. if the pats had an "average" defense last year they could of won it all. they only lost 2 games with a atrocious defense last year, fix that up this year, and work on wideouts and o-lineman(center) next year via free agency/draft! dont give up on ras-i-dowling, he is a playmaker.

Sections
Shortcuts