YOUR OPINION : WILL EDELMAN PLAY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

YOUR OPINION : WILL EDELMAN PLAY?

I sure hope so.  Him and Welker could really make the Jets pay for their reckless blitzing.  Im pretty tired of hearing about the Randy Moss Darrelle Revis saga.  I hope and expect that Randy will break one off if nothing else for his own good, but the key to winning this game will be the passes underneath to neutralize the blitz.  I hope the tight ends have a big game too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: YOUR OPINION : WILL EDELMAN PLAY?

Yeah - with him, Welker, Moss, Faulk, and Hernandez/Tate/Gronkowski this offense will give the Jets fits. If they want to blitz, just find the favorable matchup and hit the guy.

If the Jets want to blitz, they're in trouble. 

All the o-line needs to do is to pick up the blitz. Easier said than done, but I expect him to play, and I expect us to win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

My opinion don't mean squat, but I'm with you. I hope so. I believe good things  will happen with both him and Welker on the field at the same time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Not to mention the fact that him and Welker in the same set is something that we really havent had a chance to experience much and Im pretty excited about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: YOUR OPINION : WILL EDELMAN PLAY?:
    Not to mention the fact that him and Welker in the same set is something that we really havent had a chance to experience much and Im pretty excited about it.
    Posted by JBonesky

ditto. Bill now has so many weapons and facets with this offense that it is my hope that he and o`brien have planned out the many different options that are available to them, and that Brady and his mates know exactly how they will attack NY. i`m prettty certain that that will be the cae, in which case...why are any of us worrying. the players that brady has at his disposal IS SICK, especially when complared to years gone by..and even then he found ways to whipdanny the Jets.  moss, welker, taylor, faulk, edelman, tate, hernandez, gronkowski, crumpler, morris...and now DANNY WOODHEAD!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

I am really surprised the Jets continue to play lights out on defense. It isn't exactly rocket science, all they do is blitz like maniacs on every single play and not too many teams have figured out how to really move the ball well against them. Sure there have been a few plays here and there and but nobody gets in a rhytm against them.   Their defense definitely won't lose a game for them and give up 4-5 td's in a game. I hope Brady can pick them apart because Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris sure aren't going to be gaining much yardage. They held Ray Rice to 1.4 ypc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I hear he may be seriously injured.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Posted by themightypatriotz

Where do you hear this from?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Last year both Edelman and Wes played  and they did a good job of showing this on NFL network of how they used both of em to take care of the Jets pass rush and they were basically inside routes. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Limited Participation in practice this week he'll be a game time decision but I'd guess no at this point. I'd like to see him but it's probably not a big deal if he has to sit out another week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Last year both Edelman and Wes played  and they did a good job of showing this on NFL network of how they used both of em to take care of the Jets pass rush and they were basically inside routes. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

Yeah, they basically ran a 6 yard 'in' with Edelman, which took away one inside defender. Then Wes ran a 10 yard 'post' which is where Brady was going with the ball. It helped clear out the middle of the field. 

The Jets have shown that the middle of the field is where they struggle to defend the pass - expect something from the Pats offense similar to what they did last year. Assuming that we execute, we'll win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Posted by themightypatriotz

A buddy of mine that knows a guy who used to deliver mail to a guy that mowed the field at Gillette told me the same thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Re: YOUR OPINION : WILL EDELMAN PLAY? : A buddy of mine that knows a guy who used to deliver mail to a guy that mowed the field at Gillette told me the same thing.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Ohhhhh him, yeah that could be

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: YOUR OPINION : WILL EDELMAN PLAY? : Where do you hear this from?
    Posted by antibody

I'm just messin with ya.  Some guy made a post about a month ago crying about "Edelman may be seriously injured" and everyone got on his case for being a whiner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Ya the guy got flamed in one manner or another and high ankle sprains are a
    b....

I'm hoping so but betting not..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I hope he does but I think we win either way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

NO he will not play, the guys fradgel as glass, he will average 4 games a year 4 us, thats it. So everybody stop talking about him, he's out of the equation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Yes.

Last week Edelman was resting the ankle all week and was going to test it on Sunday.  It didn't test out.  This week he's been running patterns in practice.

BB rates everything from doubtful to probable as "questionable".  It keeps the opposing coach guessing, and whether the guy plays or doesn't play, the 50-50 call is fine with the NFL front office.  If an issue is a sure thing such as Brady's shoulder, that's "probable".  I'm not sure if BB has ever used "doubtful". 

All this is to explain how Edelman could be questionable last week and questionable this week too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Questionable is 50/50.  He was 50/50 last week, and 50/50 this week so if he plays than mathematically the report is accurate over the two weeks.  Do I think that BB considers whether his injury report will stand up to mathematical scrutiny-yes.  Even if he was almost certain Edelman would play this week, him not playing last week gives him the leeway to list him as questionable and have the Jets try to figure out if they will have to face him or not.

I would consider this gamesmanship.  He reports what he must report and to the percentages he is supposed to report. 

Sections
Shortcuts