Your prediction: What round will BB surprise Pats nation this year in the draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Your prediction: What round will BB surprise Pats nation this year in the draft?

Two years ago we all thought BB would trade the first 2nd round pick and he choose Ras-I (am hurt) Dowling....

Last year he traded up in round 1 and got Chandler and Hightower

We know we have a hard time picking the right person he will take so for a little fun.....

What round does BB surprise us this year and what will he do?

My guess... trades up in round 1 and gets the player he wants....as this is a mediocre draft with lots of the same graded players and a few elites.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: Your prediction: What round will BB surprise Pats nation this year in the draft?

Better question - in what round will BB not surprise Patriots nation!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Your prediction: What round will BB surprise Pats nation this year in the draft?

BB surprises and does not draft a WR

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Who knows, but here are some possibilities . . . take your pick:

• He trades all his picks to get one higher first round pick and takes one player he really likes.
    • He trades his top picks to get more picks in the mid and/or low rounds in the hope of building quality depth.
    • He trades a pick from next year to get more or higher picks this year.
    • He trades Spikes to get a pick.
    • He trades Mallet to get a pick.
    • He trades all his picks this year for more and higher picks next year.
    • He trades picks this year for a WR, CB, DT, or OLB  he likes on another team.

With BB everything is in play so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.  A lot depends on what other teams do, too, so you can't figure out what BB will do by looking at the Pats alone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Id say the biggest surprise last year was drafting Tavon Wilson in Rd 2... based on that premise... I predict a surprise CB pick in Rd 3, assuming they don't address in Rd 1 or 2... and it could be a name that no one has really heard of...  South Florida CB Kayvon Webster (5-10 195), protoype BB CB from a height/weight/speed/quicks/physicality/tackling standpoint... another could be Georgia CB Sanders Commings... he's a big kid (5-11+ 216) with good speed and COD for a bigger CB and can prob play some S when needed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

BB surprises and does not draft a WR

+1. Exactly what I think and it will not surprise me at all,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Late this evening BB will :

Give Ballard back to G-men for a 5th rounder .

Unload Mallete on the Jets for a 2nd rounder .

Sign Freeny AND Abraham to 1 year deals .

Cut McDaniels and promotes Daboll

Release Linda Holiday and start shacking up with Lisa Rinna

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If I had to pick a surprise I'd say it's going to come in the 2nd-3rd in the form of:

• He's trades his 2nd for a 4th, 5th, and 6th round pick
    • He trades up using the 3rd
    • He trades Mallett for a 2nd or early 3rd
    • He trades future picks to get an additional 2nd or 3rd round

To much talent in the 2nd to 3rd range for BB not to make a move in that range 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Right now he will more than likely trade his first round pick for a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick,but that's not a surprise, that's expected! I think he would love to get another falling star! Which one is what will intrigue us all...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Right now he will more than likely trade his first round pick for a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick,but that's not a surprise, that's expected! I think he would love to get another falling star! Which one is what will intrigue us all...

For a 2nd and a 5th I just can't see BB moving back. That 5th optional year for the 1st round picks is way to valuable compared to just a 5th or even a 4th. If they can squeeze a 2nd and say a 3rd this year or 2nd next year I could see it but not for a 2nd and 5th

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Hmm.  I'll throw two out there.  BB surprises everyone by trading up for Milliner.  We don't draft a WR causing massive panic at BDC.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

With the 91st pick the New England Patriots select Marcus Lattimore, Running back, South Carolina.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

He trades the 1st Pick this year to Jaguars, for their 1st next year, and a 3rd and 5th this year.

this I endorse. That's a potential top 10 pick in a great QB draft next year as well as getting an early 3rd this year in the meat of the talent of this draft? I'd love this trade

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

this I endorse. That's a potential top 10 pick in a great QB draft next year as well as getting an early 3rd this year in the meat of the talent of this draft? I'd love this trade

I like this deal too, but I can't help but be nervous about our luck if we did this.  When we got a 1st for Seymour the Raiders proceeded to go 8-8 when the previous 8 seasons they had won at most 5 games.  Don't get me wrong I like Solder, but I can't help but wonder what this team would look like if we had had a top 5 or 10 pick and gotten someone like JJ Watt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

He trades Brady to SF for all of their picks..........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

He trades Brady to SF for all of their picks..........

SF would be suprising me in this case, they have their QB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Who knows, but here are some possibilities . . . take your pick:

• He trades all his picks to get one higher first round pick and takes one player he really likes.
    • He trades his top picks to get more picks in the mid and/or low rounds in the hope of building quality depth.
    • He trades a pick from next year to get more or higher picks this year.
    • He trades Spikes to get a pick.
    • He trades Mallet to get a pick.
    • He trades all his picks this year for more and higher picks next year.
    • He trades picks this year for a WR, CB, DT, or OLB  he likes on another team.

With BB everything is in play so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.  A lot depends on what other teams do, too, so you can't figure out what BB will do by looking at the Pats alone.

Spikes would be a huge suprise as him and Fork anchor the one 'given' on the defense..good against the run..this is what everything else is built on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to bobbysu's comment:

He trades the 1st Pick this year to Jaguars, for their 1st next year, and a 3rd and 5th this year.

I endorse it, but I can't see why the Jags would give that much up for a low first round pick.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

He tries to trade out of this year entirely.

“When we look back at this draft in five or 10 years,” the source told Freeman, “we might view it as one of the worst we've seen in some time.”  -- from nationalfootballpost.com

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Trade 1st and Mallett to Cleverland.  Trade the Cleverland pick to San Fran for their 1st, 4th and 5th.  San Fran wants to move up in the draft and has a boatload of picks to move.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.