Your prediction: What round will BB surprise Pats nation this year in the draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Your prediction: What round will BB surprise Pats nation this year in the draft?

In response to msteven's comment:

Trade 1st and Mallett to Cleverland.  Trade the Cleverland pick to San Fran for their 1st, 4th and 5th.  San Fran wants to move up in the draft and has a boatload of picks to move.

So you'd essentially be trading Mallett and #29 for #31, a 4th and a 5th. Since normally in the 1st a move back of 2 spots costs a 5th you are essentially trading Mallett for a very late 4th? I'd much rather just keep Mallett

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Re: Your prediction: What round will BB surprise Pats nation this year in the draft?

I think he could surprise us all by taking Matt Elam out of Florida with the #29 pick.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

I think he could surprise us all by taking Matt Elam out of Florida with the #29 pick.

I think this is very possible if Elam is still there.

Otherwise I say the Pats trade their first round pick to the Eagles.  Pats and Eagles always seem to be up to something together during the draft.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Otherwise I say the Pats trade their first round pick to the Eagles.  Pats and Eagles always seem to be up to something together during the draft.

With his buddy Andy Reid gone from the Eagles perhaps they find a new partner in KC. I thought i read somewhere that BB and Reid had made a trade every year since 2000.

Correct but they didn't make a trade last year. So that streak was broken.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

With his buddy Andy Reid gone from the Eagles perhaps they find a new partner in KC. I thought i read somewhere that BB and Reid had made a trade every year since 2000.

Chip Kelley's BBs buddy too though

Oh it was in 11' in the 6th round. They swapped #193 and #194 for no reason but a fingre to the league and to make a random trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

True!  Yes, good point and you are right..It was more of a Reid then Eagles thing.  I wasn't thinking when I posted that, LOL! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The biggest surprise will be being predictable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We trade up and select Ziggy Ansah, who helps provide us with the best set of bookends in the NFL. On opening day we line up Ansah, Armstead, Wilfork and Jones...our secondary magically transforms into an elite unit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

We trade up and select Ziggy Ansah, who helps provide us with the best set of bookends in the NFL. On opening day we line up Ansah, Armstead, Wilfork and Jones...our secondary magically transforms into an elite unit.

Not that I expect this to happen, but after last year, I don't know what to expect from BB lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Ansah makes JPP look like a polished prospect.  Raw might be a generous term.  This guy might end up being the best player from this draft, but he needs a ton of work imo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Ansah makes JPP look like a polished prospect.  Raw might be a generous term.  This guy might end up being the best player from this draft, but he needs a ton of work imo.

Kind of disagree, in fact scouts were saying he is far more polished than people have given him credit for. In my opinion this kid takes on blocks like a maniac (in a good way). It's very rare to see a kid his age take on a block with his strength...peel off it and make the play. Never mind how fast he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

He gives up both second and third round picks for a first next year. That would send people here banging their heads on a concrete wall. It would not surprise me if the transaction is done with KCC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Kind of disagree, in fact scouts were saying he is far more polished than people have given him credit for. In my opinion this kid takes on blocks like a maniac (in a good way). It's very rare to see a kid his age take on a block with his strength...peel off it and make the play. Never mind how fast he is.

Look I agree if you look at a highlight reel of this guy it looks like he is NFL ready.  He makes lots of NFL plays and unlike a lot of guys coming out of college he wins battles with both speed and strength.  The issue is he has very little understanding of leverage.  There are just as many plays where he gets completely owned by a single OL because of this.  Do you ever wonder how such an athletic freak playing against some pretty bad college teams only had 4.5 sacks?  I wouldn't be unhappy if the Pats traded up and took him.  I just think the expectations for year 1 have to be realistic.  The guy needs some good coaching before he makes an impact.  Now maybe a training camp is enough, but I don't see it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Look I agree if you look at a highlight reel of this guy it looks like he is NFL ready.  He makes lots of NFL plays and unlike a lot of guys coming out of college he wins battles with both speed and strength.  The issue is he has very little understanding of leverage.  There are just as many plays where he gets completely owned by a single OL because of this.  Do you ever wonder how such an athletic freak playing against some pretty bad college teams only had 4.5 sacks?  I wouldn't be unhappy if the Pats traded up and took him.  I just think the expectations for year 1 have to be realistic.  The guy needs some good coaching before he makes an impact.  Now maybe a training camp is enough, but I don't see it.

Yeah I only saw him play against GT, the senior bowl and one other game, so I can see how I'm not getting the whole picture perhaps. In all those games he played low, kept his shoulders square to the line and basically looked special. I did see his practice film during pass rush drills during senior bowl week, and he needs work for sure. Honestly I don't know of he'll ever be a dominating pass rusher, but I do think he will be a disruptive player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

He trades Brady to SF for all of their picks..........

funny. i think bb's crack addiction with acquirign picks and the thrill he gets in the draft would make him think long and hard if offered.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Not that I expect this to happen, but after last year, I don't know what to expect from BB lol.

it woudl cost us more than we have. adn we'd be dominant on dfense if we got him.

he was my guy for several months till he shot up to top of rd 1 projection

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

bredbru is this really you or an imposter? If you what did you do to get banned?