Your Projected 53 Man Roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

Your Projected 53 Man Roster

Noe that mini camps over, whats your updated predictions?

Offense (26):

QB: Brady, Hoyer, Mallet
    RB/FB: Ridley, Vereen, Addai, Woodhead, Larsen
    WR: Lloyd, Welker, Slater, Edelman, Gaffney, Branch
    TE: Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells
    C: Koppen, Wendell
    OG: Mankins, Connolly, Gallery, Thomas
    OT: Solder, Vollmer, Cannon

Defense (24):

DE: Jones, Deaderick, Bequette, Fanene, Scott, Carter
    DT: Wilfork, Love, Pryor
    LB: Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, Ninkovich, White, Fletcher
    CB: Arrington, Dowling, McCourthy, Dennard, Moore
    S: Chung, Wilson, Gregory, Ebner

Special Teams (3):
    K: Gostowski
    P: Mesko
    LS: Aiken

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Re: Your Projected 53 Man Roster

Qb-  Brady,Hoyer,Mallett
    TE-  Gronk,Hernandez,Fells,(Ballard comes off PUP week 8, practices under exemption till week 11 and replaces Fells on roster).
    Rb-Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Demps,Bolden
    Wr-Lloyd,Welker,Gaffney,Stallworth,Slater
    Ol-Soldier,Mankins,Connolly,Waters,Vollmer,Connon,Wendell,McDonald,Thomas (If Waters does not return, Koppen stays)
    Cb-Mccourty,Dowling,Arrington,Moore,Cole,(Dennard to IR)
    S -Chung,Gregory,Wilson,Ebner,Barrett
    Lb-Spikes,Mayo,Hightower,Carpenter,Scott
    De-Jones,Ninkovich,Fanene,Cunningham,Deaderick,Bequette
    Dt-Wilfork,Love,Pryor,Brace
    ST-Gostkowski,Mesko.Aiken

PS-WR Ebert,OT Hix,TE Silvestro,OL Kopa,FB Kettani,LB Rivera,DT Forston,Best CB prospect off waiver wire.

Tough cuts: Koppen,Edelman,Branch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Your Projected 53 Man Roster:
    Qb-  Brady,Hoyer,Mallett TE-  Gronk,Hernandez,Fells,(Ballard comes off PUP week 8, practices under exemption till week 11 and replaces Fells on roster). Rb-Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Demps,Bolden Wr-Lloyd,Welker,Gaffney,Stallworth,Slater Ol-Soldier,Mankins,Connolly,Waters,Vollmer,Connon,Wendell,McDonald,Thomas (If Waters does not return, Koppen stays) Cb-Mccourty,Dowling,Arrington,Moore,Cole,(Dennard to IR) S -Chung,Gregory,Wilson,Ebner,Barrett Lb-Spikes,Mayo,Hightower,Carpenter,Scott De-Jones,Ninkovich,Fanene,Cunningham,Deaderick,Bequette Dt-Wilfork,Love,Pryor,Brace ST-Gostkowski,Mesko.Aiken PS-WR Ebert,OT Hix,TE Silvestro,OL Kopa,FB Kettani,LB Rivera,DT Forston,Best CB prospect off waiver wire. Tough cuts: Koppen,Edelman,Branch.
    Posted by part-timer
    You could be spot on! Demps signing may actually have sent Edelman packing! The one thing you can't teach is speed. Hopefully Waters returns because it makes the o-line that much stronger.As for Koppen TB has stated a number of times how comfortable he is with Dan as his Center so he might stick contrary too popular belief.I'l love to sneak Branch onto the IR for six weeks or Cunninghams a goner!I expect a few trades for late round draft choices guys cut from this team will have value.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to "Re: Your Projected 53 Man Roster":
    Qb-  Brady,Hoyer,Mallett TE-  Gronk,Hernandez,Fells,(Ballard comes off PUP week 8, practices under exemption till week 11 and replaces Fells on roster). Rb-Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Demps,Bolden Wr-Lloyd,Welker,Gaffney,Stallworth,Slater Ol-Soldier,Mankins,Connolly,Waters,Vollmer,Connon,Wendell,McDonald,Thomas (If Waters does not return, Koppen stays) Cb-Mccourty,Dowling,Arrington,Moore,Cole,(Dennard to IR) S -Chung,Gregory,Wilson,Ebner,Barrett Lb-Spikes,Mayo,Hightower,Carpenter,Scott De-Jones,Ninkovich,Fanene,Cunningham,Deaderick,Bequette Dt-Wilfork,Love,Pryor,Brace ST-Gostkowski,Mesko.Aiken PS-WR Ebert,OT Hix,TE Silvestro,OL Kopa,FB Kettani,LB Rivera,DT Forston,Best CB prospect off waiver wire. Tough cuts: Koppen,Edelman,Branch. Posted by part-timer
    I like this and agree - but I think it will be Edelman over Stalworth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Bobby Carpenter makes it and Branch is all done. Britt Davis has a good chance to make the team too. 6'3" 205. Could be a special player.
    Posted by Philskiw1

Phil, Davis was injured in the Saints game and they reached an injury settlement with him so he's gone now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The final cuts are always tough, looks to be even more so this year. Good thing we have Belichick to decide who stays and who goes. He's always right when he thinks it's time to move on from a player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The final cuts are always tough, looks to be even more so this year. Good thing we have Belichick to decide who stays and who goes. He's always right when he thinks it's time to move on from a player.
    Posted by sporter81

it's going to be real tough. BB might have found some real gems this year in the late and UD range

Francis - Has really been impressive and gives tremendous flexibility

Dennard - Before injury was one of the best CB's on the field

Ebner - Has been playing on all forms of ST's and has been making some heads up plays as a S/LB

Demps - Has speed enough to make a niche in the return game but the book is still out of him

Weems - Has shown some nice ability in limited backup roles

Bolden - Has shown BJGE type of ability but need to see more from him in game situations (ie he didn't show much 1st preseason game)

But these guys are going to make cut down very hard

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Your Projected 53 Man Roster":
    Qb-  Brady,Hoyer,Mallett TE-  Gronk,Hernandez,Fells,(Ballard comes off PUP week 8, practices under exemption till week 11 and replaces Fells on roster). Rb-Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Demps,Bolden Wr-Lloyd,Welker,Gaffney,Stallworth,Slater Ol-Soldier,Mankins,Connolly,Waters,Vollmer,Connon,Wendell,McDonald,Thomas (If Waters does not return, Koppen stays) Cb-Mccourty,Dowling,Arrington,Moore,Cole,(Dennard to IR) S -Chung,Gregory,Wilson,Ebner,Barrett Lb-Spikes,Mayo,Hightower,Carpenter,Scott De-Jones,Ninkovich,Fanene,Cunningham,Deaderick,Bequette Dt-Wilfork,Love,Pryor,Brace ST-Gostkowski,Mesko.Aiken PS-WR Ebert,OT Hix,TE Silvestro,OL Kopa,FB Kettani,LB Rivera,DT Forston,Best CB prospect off waiver wire. Tough cuts: Koppen,Edelman,Branch. Posted by part-timer
    I think Ballard will be IRed, Demps gets PUP'd to gain weight back from olympic training. I think we keep 5 rbs, replace Demps for a few weeks with a FB. Or we move Hernandez to a listed FB and keep Gronk,Fells and The Shank as TE's. Koppen stays over McDonald. Edelman makes it an Branch over Stalworth. That is 6 receivers but we cut Cunningham for the extra spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to "Re: Your Projected 53 Man Roster": I think Ballard will be IRed, Demps gets PUP'd to gain weight back from olympic training. I think we keep 5 rbs, replace Demps for a few weeks with a FB. Or we move Hernandez to a listed FB and keep Gronk,Fells and The Shank as TE's. Koppen stays over McDonald. Edelman makes it an Branch over Stalworth. That is 6 receivers but we cut Cunningham for the extra spot.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Sooo! Whats your 53 man roster???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Your Projected 53 Man Roster : Phil, Davis was injured in the Saints game and they reached an injury settlement with him so he's gone now. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

If you haven't noticed I have revived on old thread and Phils post is from June...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Qb-  Brady,Hoyer,Mallett TE-  Gronk,Hernandez,Fells,(Ballard comes off PUP week 8, practices under exemption till week 11 and replaces Fells on roster). Rb-Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Demps,Bolden Wr-Lloyd,Welker,Gaffney,Stallworth,Slater Ol-Soldier,Mankins,Connolly,Waters,Vollmer,Connon,Wendell,McDonald,Thomas (If Waters does not return, Koppen stays) Cb-Mccourty,Dowling,Arrington,Moore,Cole,(Dennard to IR) S -Chung,Gregory,Wilson,Ebner,Barrett Lb-Spikes,Mayo,Hightower,Carpenter,Scott De-Jones,Ninkovich,Fanene,Cunningham,Deaderick,Bequette Dt-Wilfork,Love,Pryor,Brace ST-Gostkowski,Mesko.Aiken PS-WR Ebert,OT Hix,TE Silvestro,OL Kopa,FB Kettani,LB Rivera,DT Forston,Best CB prospect off waiver wire. Tough cuts: Koppen,Edelman,Branch.
    Posted by part-timer

nice.
    edelman being cut would be a surprise as seems bb loves this guy and may be our slot next year.  i think he stays somehow.

branch, while i called for it after season, and might be wise his legs are old. dotn knwo if brady and bb are ready to let go. we'll see.

neither would be a huge loss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Your Projected 53 Man Roster : You could be spot on! Demps signing may actually have sent Edelman packing! The one thing you can't teach is speed. Hopefully Waters returns because it makes the o-line that much stronger.As for Koppen TB has stated a number of times how comfortable he is with Dan as his Center so he might stick contrary too popular belief.I'l love to sneak Branch onto the IR for six weeks or Cunninghams a goner!I expect a few trades for late round draft choices guys cut from this team will have value.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

".I'l love to sneak Branch onto the IR for six weeks or Cunninghams a goner!"

was thinking that about branck too.
    cunningham seems here due only to lack of depth there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Your Projected 53 Man Roster : it's going to be real tough. BB might have found some real gems this year in the late and UD range Francis - Has really been impressive and gives tremendous flexibility Dennard - Before injury was one of the best CB's on the field Ebner - Has been playing on all forms of ST's and has been making some heads up plays as a S/LB Demps - Has speed enough to make a niche in the return game but the book is still out of him Weems - Has shown some nice ability in limited backup roles Bolden - Has shown BJGE type of ability but need to see more from him in game situations (ie he didn't show much 1st preseason game) But these guys are going to make cut down very hard
    Posted by PatsEng

excellently put
    +1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to "Re: Your Projected 53 Man Roster": I think Ballard will be IRed, Demps gets PUP'd to gain weight back from olympic training. I think we keep 5 rbs, replace Demps for a few weeks with a FB. Or we move Hernandez to a listed FB and keep Gronk,Fells and The Shank as TE's. Koppen stays over McDonald. Edelman makes it an Branch over Stalworth. That is 6 receivers but we cut Cunningham for the extra spot.
    Posted by TrueChamp

No reason to IR Ballard, he can remain on PUP till the Pats 8 game, and then can practice for three weeks before the decision must me made, That will have him over 8 months from injury and possibly ready to make a contribution to the team. weather it is to replace Fells or an injured TE. Plenty of time to figure that one out.

Demps get brought along slowly, but makes the 53 immediately, if only to start at kick returns. On PUP he can not practice with the team and has no chance of coming in week 6 or later and making a contribution. You might as well IR him then and that has been like a death sentence for other rookies that have gone that path.

McDonald has impressed in camp at both OG and both OT spots. Koppen makes the team if Waters is a no show, other wise age is working against him and the team is moveing foward with youth. Koppen right now is the 10 man in a 9 man rotation.

Edelman although servicable in many areas has had all of his skills replaced cumulatively by the rest of the team.

Stallworths speed and potential outside threat is needed for depth, god forbid Lloyd goes down. Branch has lost his burst and has tailed off late season. Just look who has been getting the extra work with TB, LLoyd, Stallworth, and Gronk, signs of things to come. Always tough letting go of the great team players but their time always comes. (Crump,Faulk, now Branch and Koppen)  Plus no room for the 6th receiver with such a loaded roster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Your Projected 53 Man Roster : " .I'l love to sneak Branch onto the IR for six weeks or Cunninghams a goner!" was thinking that about branck too. cunningham seems here due only to lack of depth there.
    Posted by bredbru

No six week IR, the NFLPA will not sign it with out some sort of concession, pure BS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

One things for sure, there will be a few guys who get released that will be picked up right away. This team is deep.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

One things for sure, there will be a few guys who get released that will be picked up right away. This team is deep.
    Posted by sporter81

Not only will there be quality vets being cut, but our projected PS will also get picked dry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Time to make a few ajustments to my 53 with Fanene's release,and Stallworths lack of performance, combined with Branch coming into form. First of all it now looks like Branch will be unseating Stallworth, and the spot opened up by the cut of Fanene should allow a 6th WR, opening the door to keep Edelman. I am also starting to feel that Allen"s experience and ability to play CB will have him edging out Barrett. Lastly Hix's release due to injury will open a spot on the PS for Weems.

Qb-  Brady,Hoyer,Mallett
    TE-  Gronk,Hernandez,Fells,(Ballard comes off PUP week 8, practices under exemption till week 11 and replaces Fells on roster).
    Rb-Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead,Demps,Bolden
    Wr-Lloyd,Welker,Gaffney,Branch,Slater,Edelman
    Ol-Soldier,Mankins,Connolly,Waters,Vollmer,Connon,Wendell,McDonald,Thomas (If Waters does not return, Koppen stays)
    Cb-Mccourty,Dowling,Arrington,Moore,Cole,(Dennard to IR)
    S -Chung,Gregory,Wilson,Ebner,Allen
    Lb-Spikes,Mayo,Hightower,Carpenter,Scott
    De-Jones,Ninkovich,Cunningham,Deaderick,Bequette
    Dt-Wilfork,Love,Pryor,Brace
    ST-Gostkowski,Mesko.Aiken

PS-WR Ebert,OT Hix,TE Silvestro,OL Kopa,FB Kettani,LB Rivera,DT Forston,Best CB prospect off waiver wire.

Tough cuts: Koppen,Stallworth

One interesting thing to monitor is if in the next week Dennard can out right displace Cole for the last CB spot. That may come down to ST performance...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rather than talk about Stallworths speed and potential to "stretch the field" look at his lack of performance on the field the past few years and the fact that he has shown nothing this preseason other than he has not list a step. Problem is that speed has not translated onto the field. People write about Stallworth like he will be a major contributor while his performance puts him at a borderline 5/6 WR on the depth chart with zero special team value. To compare Stallworth to the multi facets Edelman brings is silly. Put the ball in Edelmans hands on a pooch screen, underneath crossing pattern or punt return and he is always potential to make a big play. I would love Edelman to get targeted 5-6 plays per game

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

Rather than talk about Stallworths speed and potential to "stretch the field" look at his lack of performance on the field the past few years and the fact that he has shown nothing this preseason other than he has not list a step. Problem is that speed has not translated onto the field. People write about Stallworth like he will be a major contributor while his performance puts him at a borderline 5/6 WR on the depth chart with zero special team value. To compare Stallworth to the multi facets Edelman brings is silly. Put the ball in Edelmans hands on a pooch screen, underneath crossing pattern or punt return and he is always potential to make a big play. I would love Edelman to get targeted 5-6 plays per game
    Posted by rkarp

Good point.  Doubt we will be talking about Stallworth much longer... He's probably not going to make this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You are right part-timer, it's about time to update my 53man prediction too. Here's what I got:

Offense (26):

QB: Brady, Mallet, Hoyer
    RB/FB: Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, Larsen, Demps

WR: Lloyd, Welker, Slater, Edelman, Gaffney, Branch
    TE: Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells
    C: Connolly, Koppen, McDonald
    OG: Mankins, Waters, Thomas
    OT: Solder, Vollmer, Cannon

Defense (24):

DE: Jones, Bequette, Scott, Francis, Nink
    DT: Wilfork, Love, Deadrick, Brace
    LB: Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, Carpenter, Kout, Tarp 
    CB: Arrington, Dowling, McCourthy, Dennard, Moore
    S: Chung, Wilson, Gregory, Ebner

Special Teams (3):
    K: Gostowski
    P: Mesko
    LS: Aiken

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Phil, Davis was injured in the Saints game and they reached an injury settlement with him so he's gone now

Watched the game. Everyone has their camp binky. Its weird with the commentating in Portuguese.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

You are right part-timer, it's about time to update my 53man prediction too. Here's what I got: Offense (26): QB: Brady, Mallet, Hoyer RB/FB: Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, Larsen, Demps WR: Lloyd, Welker, Slater, Edelman, Gaffney, Branch TE: Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells C: Connolly, Koppen, McDonald OG: Mankins, Waters, Thomas OT: Solder, Vollmer, Cannon Defense (24): DE: Jones, Bequette, Scott, Francis, Nink DT: Wilfork, Love, Deadrick, Brace LB: Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, Carpenter, Kout, Tarp  CB: Arrington, Dowling, McCourthy, Dennard, Moore S: Chung, Wilson, Gregory, Ebner Special Teams (3): K: Gostowski P: Mesko LS: Aiken
    Posted by PatsEng

This looks right to me. 

My concern is our quality & depth on the OL and at DT. Fanene was a big hit. Do you see BB possibly grabbing a DT who is cut from another team? OR, is the combo of Wilfork, Love, Deaderick and Brace enough? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You are right part-timer, it's about time to update my 53man prediction too. Here's what I got: Offense (26): QB: Brady, Mallet, Hoyer RB/FB: Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, Larsen, Demps WR: Lloyd, Welker, Slater, Edelman, Gaffney, Branch TE: Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells C: Connolly, Koppen, McDonald OG: Mankins, Waters, Thomas OT: Solder, Vollmer, Cannon Defense (24): DE: Jones, Bequette, Scott, Francis, Nink DT: Wilfork, Love, Deadrick, Brace LB: Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, Carpenter, Kout, Tarp  CB: Arrington, Dowling, McCourthy, Dennard, Moore S: Chung, Wilson, Gregory, Ebner Special Teams (3): K: Gostowski P: Mesko LS: Aiken
    Posted by PatsEng

Yeah, can't really disagree with any of this, except maybe Francis making it. We are also really thin on the defensive line (tackle). Does Pryor go to the pup?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Posted by rkarp

I agree about Stallworth not wowing. But we are discussing the number 4 or 5 WR when we talk about Stallworth, Branch and Edleman. And with Vereen you have a quick RB with proven catching skills so you can do more things with him than with a #4 WR. In any case we have the two TEs soaking up a lot of passes along with Wleker, Lloyd and Gaffney. There just are not going to be many balls for Stallworth or Brnach or Edelman unless there are injuries in front of them.

This is especially true if we run the ball more this year which I think we will - without going overboard. You do want TB to be delivering his special value and you do not get that by having him hand off too often.

Sections
Shortcuts