Your thoughts on what will happen to Woodhead, Edelman, Lloyd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Your thoughts on what will happen to Woodhead, Edelman, Lloyd

These 3 are tough one's for me.  I think they keep Edelman to backup Amendola, and might get some playing time on offense in different offensive sets.  Also will be used to backup Washington so I think it's safe to say he stays.

Woodhead?  I like Woody, has been a spark when needed but the RB's are stacked, do they keep them all again this season.

Lloyd.. Do they replace him? Keep him and bring in a deeper threat to add to the WR position, or  Keep him and add another WR like Stallworth or someone like that?  Branch again?  Or is Branch done?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Re: Your thoughts on what will happen to Woodhead, Edelman, Lloyd

no matter what we all think BB will surely do something different

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Since Edelman and Woody havent signed with anyone yey I think that increases the chances they both return. I hope the do return because they are the type situational role players winning teams need. I am on the fence about Lloyd. Based on his production, salary, and the fact we have not signed anyone else, I think he stays.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Edleman is too talented to let go unless he is looking for a big contract.  Considering Amendola's medical history, he also makes for great insurance.  Lloyd, I have no idea.  Lot's of articles saying he's silly putty between the ears with serious bi-polar issues.  Pats have proven they don't do well with guys like that, so if it's true and BB thinks he's going to be an issue, bye bye.  Woody, although I love the guy I just don't see room for him on the team.  We now have 6 RB's and 2 of them can be that dynamic 3rd down guy as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Since Edelman and Woody havent signed with anyone yey I think taht increases the chances they both return. I hope the doreturn because they are the type situational role players winning teams need. I am on the fence about Lloyd. Based on his production, salary, and the fact we have not signed anyone else, I think he stays.

i started the offseason with the same conlcusions you have here, but with our actions up to now, i think woody may be gone and edelman on the fence or gone. if edelman gets no 3 mil or more per year, offers maybe we keep him as insurance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

Edleman is too talented to let go unless he is looking for a big contract.  Considering Amendola's medical history, he also makes for great insurance.  Lloyd, I have no idea.  Lot's of articles saying he's silly putty between the ears with serious bi-polar issues.  Pats have proven they don't do well with guys like that, so if it's true and BB thinks he's going to be an issue, bye bye.  Woody, although I love the guy I just don't see room for him on the team.  We now have 6 RB's and 2 of them can be that dynamic 3rd down guy as well. 

exactly

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

For reasons already stated, I see Edelman staying.  I, too, really like Woody but I think the Pats are running out of roster spots for RBs which I think will make him the odd man out.  With respect to Lloyd I think it all depends on what the Pats have on their radar for FA wideouts. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Edelman should be back.  That way he can platoon at the WR position with Amendola.  They can play 8 games each (Kidding).  I think we saw that Edelman was an emerging talent at WR last year.  I can imagine that BB wants to see if he can continue the upward swing if the money for his services is reasonable.  He would also fit right in as their PR, maybe splitting with Washington.

Woodhead?  How can he be back?  Vereen needs more touches.  Demps is on the roster (I think).  Washington was just signed.  I like Woody as a change of pace back, and wouldn't mind seeing him back, but there seems to be a log jam.

Lloyd should be back IMO, unless they have plans in the works to get a guy who plays exclusively on the outside.  Seems Amendola can play slot or outside, so they have options.  But they need bodies, either in FA or the draft.  If Lloyd is cut, seems obvious that they will draft a WR.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Lloyd has to be cut before Sunday or he's a member of your 2013 Patriots. They aren't going to give him $3 million and cut him later. I think they'd have done it by now, so most likely he's staying. Besides, are you going to take away another familiar face from Brady after what just went down? And by what they paid Amendola, he's a relative bargain.

Edelman and Woody, they have a value on them and if someone is willing to pay more, they'll be gone. Same thing we saw with WW, just has to play out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Prediction. Nope.

I'd like to see them all back at the right value.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

These 3 are tough one's for me.  I think they keep Edelman to backup Amendola, and might get some playing time on offense in different offensive sets.  Also will be used to backup Washington so I think it's safe to say he stays.

Woodhead?  I like Woody, has been a spark when needed but the RB's are stacked, do they keep them all again this season.

Lloyd.. Do they replace him? Keep him and bring in a deeper threat to add to the WR position, or  Keep him and add another WR like Stallworth or someone like that?  Branch again?  Or is Branch done?

Thoughts?

I think they all stay except for Woody if he tries to get real money. They are bluffing about cutting Lloyd. Why do that with no insurance in place after 70 catches??  Edleman should be available on the cheap with his injury history and I dont see many teams chasing him. These are short money contracts so its really just a matter of IF the Pats want them back not can they get them back, IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Woodhead - Pats resign

Edelman - Pats resign

Lloyd - Pats cut before his bonus tomorrow (I beleive), or he reworks his deal

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I hope Edelman and Woodhead will be re-signed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

All gone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Since Edelman and Woody havent signed with anyone yey I think that increases the chances they both return. I hope the do return because they are the type situational role players winning teams need. I am on the fence about Lloyd. Based on his production, salary, and the fact we have not signed anyone else, I think he stays.

Totally agree with you on this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Edelman and Woody both come back. They're too valuable as plug ins for injured players to let walk unless they get greedy. As for Loyd? Now that Welker is gone maybe Brady would throw to him more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Don't see how it makes sense to cut Lloyd at this point.

Also, he was 19th in the NFL in targets last year, so I don't think Brady has a problem throwing to him. 

Sections
Shortcuts