Your Updated Ideal Situation (FAs and Draft)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Your Updated Ideal Situation (FAs and Draft)

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

Umm, no. If that was the case, they'd match the 2.5 right now.  You're a moron, as the board knows.

Nah sorry man hes right on this one. I saw people on the steelers forums saying it when i was looking up what they were saying about Sanders. I looked it up and got this.

"One day after they restructured the contract of outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley, the Steelers will create more salary-cap space today when they are expected to release offensive guard Willie Colon.

Colon, who had two years remaining on his contract, will be designated for a June 1 release -- meaning he can immediately become an unrestricted free agent and pursue signing with another team.

The move also means the Steelers will create $5.5 million in salary-cap space after June 1. That will push $4.3 million -- known as "dead money" -- into cap accounting in 2014."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/colons-release-is-due-today-679060/#ixzz2QD6FPbof

Colon has already signed with the Jets.

Again, why would Pitt rent (they will not win the SB in 2013) Sanders when he's due a new deal?

Where is his new deal?

Do you not get this?  The cap doesn't move this year or next. Willie Colon is one of many hacks they've walked from.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/jets-get-willie-colon-on-a-one-year-deal/

Please do your homework.

Is this to me or Rkarp? Either way theyll have 5.5 mil to work with on june 1st. Even if he signed a new deal.

That's correct but they have a slew of things to do in FA outside of the 5.5, which basically just pays for rookies.

Look at who they've lost!

Max Starks, Colon, their entire O Line is in a shambles. They're old on D, Casey Hampton is possibly done, James Harrison left, Keenan Lewis left, Mendenhall left, Larry Foote is gone.

They're basically the Ravens who simply are in a worse position because they're handicapped worse.

Barring them having some people in the pipeline who are ready to ascend, I don't see how they can give Sanders a long term deal, which is what this whole thing is really about.

Leave it to Rkrap to play gloom and doom with our cap posiiton and then tell us Colon's release clear's 5.5 million that puts them back at square 1 (right now) after the draft.

So in other words you are wrong and won't admit it, sidestepping the issue. Your wrong, as usual, so that makes 3 bets I have beat you at. Own up loser

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

1.) Get Abraham

2.) draft Jesse Williams round 1

3.) draft a pass rusher in round 2

4.) I don't care what BB does in round 7. 

No trading back, please. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

1.) Get Abraham

No trading back, please. 

I can't believe you DON'T want to trade back this year. I would really like to see NE move back into the second and acquire and additional pick, but I don't think we will find anyone willing to make that deal with us...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Sign Sanders

draft a DT in the first

draft another DT or OLB in the second

OG or wr with 7th

wr or OG in the 7th

find a vet cb or depth

sign multiple UDFA's wr cb pk ol / camp cuts we can start out with 90 guys stock up now.  

+1

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Umm, no. If that was the case, they'd match the 2.5 right now.  You're a moron, as the board knows.

Nah sorry man hes right on this one. I saw people on the steelers forums saying it when i was looking up what they were saying about Sanders. I looked it up and got this.

"One day after they restructured the contract of outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley, the Steelers will create more salary-cap space today when they are expected to release offensive guard Willie Colon.

Colon, who had two years remaining on his contract, will be designated for a June 1 release -- meaning he can immediately become an unrestricted free agent and pursue signing with another team.

The move also means the Steelers will create $5.5 million in salary-cap space after June 1. That will push $4.3 million -- known as "dead money" -- into cap accounting in 2014."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/colons-release-is-due-today-679060/#ixzz2QD6FPbof

Colon has already signed with the Jets.

Again, why would Pitt rent (they will not win the SB in 2013) Sanders when he's due a new deal?

Where is his new deal?

Do you not get this?  The cap doesn't move this year or next. Willie Colon is one of many hacks they've walked from.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/jets-get-willie-colon-on-a-one-year-deal/

Please do your homework.

Is this to me or Rkarp? Either way theyll have 5.5 mil to work with on june 1st. Even if he signed a new deal.

That's correct but they have a slew of things to do in FA outside of the 5.5, which basically just pays for rookies.

Look at who they've lost!

Max Starks, Colon, their entire O Line is in a shambles. They're old on D, Casey Hampton is possibly done, James Harrison left, Keenan Lewis left, Mendenhall left, Larry Foote is gone.

They're basically the Ravens who simply are in a worse position because they're handicapped worse.

Barring them having some people in the pipeline who are ready to ascend, I don't see how they can give Sanders a long term deal, which is what this whole thing is really about.

Leave it to Rkrap to play gloom and doom with our cap posiiton and then tell us Colon's release clear's 5.5 million that puts them back at square 1 (right now) after the draft.

i agree the steelers and ravens will both go 3-13 this season

i also agree russ the rooney's are absolutely clueless that's why the steelers never win anything

Undecided

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

1.) Get Abraham

No trading back, please. 

I can't believe you DON'T want to trade back this year. I would really like to see NE move back into the second and acquire and additional pick, but I don't think we will find anyone willing to make that deal with us...

I don't think any one will want to trade up.   That's the problem.  Don't you think that St. Louis and SF have a lot more trade ammo as well?  I hope St. Louis and SF can't find trade partners and have to use their picks.  Let them try to squeeze 10 guys on a roster.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I hope St. Louis and SF can't find trade partners and have to use their picks.  Let them try to squeeze 10 guys on a roster.  

Yep,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

1.) Get Abraham

No trading back, please. 

I don't think any one will want to trade up.   That's the problem.  Don't you think that St. Louis and SF have a lot more trade ammo as well?  I hope St. Louis and SF can't find trade partners and have to use their picks.  Let them try to squeeze 10 guys on a roster.  

There are always a few or more players teams get enamored with and will trade up to get them regardless of the strength or depth of the draft. Not every team takes a disciplined approach, but more are starting to.

i do agree...this is the year you want to have multiple picks in say the 33-90 range...st louis and San Fran own this draft..they can go all the way up or trade out, whatever. San Fran to me is the most intriguing because they are a few pieces shy to win it all And have a ton of ammo to do it.