You're All Nuts: Snap out of it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

You're All Nuts: Snap out of it

My g-d.  You lost a football game.  You didn't play well.  But you still have the inside track on the division; you still have brady, moss and welker; and you are still coached by belichek.  What the hell are you crying about?  There are still 5 games left this season and the team that wins the Super Bowl is most likely the team that gets hot now.  

Wake up and realize there's a lot of football left; a lot of time to get it right. And it all starts this weekend  

This week's game is going to be a tough game.  The Fins are fighting for their lives; and the Pats are desperate for a road win and don't want to lose 2 in a row.  NBC is going to regret dumping this game. 

So snap out of it and start giving me some crap.
    Go Dolphins!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it

Ummm yeah, what he said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to You're All Nuts: Snap out of it:
    [QUOTE]My g-d.  You lost a football game.  You didn't play well.  But you still have the inside track on the division; you still have brady, moss and welker; and you are still coached by belichek.  What the hell are you crying about?  There are still 5 games left this season and the team that wins the Super Bowl is most likely the team that gets hot now.   Wake up and realize there's a lot of football left; a lot of time to get it right. And it all starts this weekend   This week's game is going to be a tough game.  The Fins are fighting for their lives; and the Pats are desperate for a road win and don't want to lose 2 in a row.  NBC is going to regret dumping this game.  So snap out of it and start giving me some crap. Go Dolphins!!!
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]
    Thank god, some perspective here.  The Dolphins and a bunch of other teams would love to be in the Pats spot right now.  The sky is not falling. 

Is Porter still starting?  Ronnie Brown is out but Henne has got a little more experience.  I think Miami has probably showed all the tricks they have and the Pats do not lose 2 in a row.  Miami can still control the clock, this game will not be easy.  Miami always plays the Pats tough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

oggie....  agree 100%, this is a loss of ONE game, albeit, an important one, which could have kept the Pats in the discussion as being a current "elite" team.  There are a lot of fans here who want to re-live the 2007 season except for that last loss... therefore, there is a very high expectation.  A team can throw a stinker in there and this one stunk to high heaven.  Of course, all will be forgotten if the Pats run the table the rest of the year, right?  It is a "what have you done for me lately, Patriots?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Great post oggieman, because it could be much worse. We could be dolphin fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]My g-d.  You lost a football game.  You didn't play well.  But you still have the inside track on the division; you still have brady, moss and welker; and you are still coached by belichek.  What the hell are you crying about?  There are still 5 games left this season and the team that wins the Super Bowl is most likely the team that gets hot now.   Wake up and realize there's a lot of football left; a lot of time to get it right. And it all starts this weekend   This week's game is going to be a tough game.  The Fins are fighting for their lives; and the Pats are desperate for a road win and don't want to lose 2 in a row.  NBC is going to regret dumping this game.  So snap out of it and start giving me some crap. Go Dolphins!!!

AMEN! With each game, momentum is swinging one way or the other. Clearly, right now it's not in our favor but let's say we win out and the Colts, Bengals, or Chargers stumble into the playoffs, now who has the momentum? That's how it always ends up. Each year, a surprise team makes the Super Bowl or makes a deep run. Not to mention weather conditions and injuries. If Peyton gets hurt, the AFC is completely changed. If the Chargers have to go to Indy, look out. If a passing team has to go to Cincy in a snowstorm, good luck with that. Point is SO MUCH can change with each play in the NFL, it's absolutely absurd to jump off your own team's bandwagon after a miserable loss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it:
    [QUOTE]oggie....  agree 100%, this is a loss of ONE game, albeit, an important one, which could have kept the Pats in the discussion as being a current "elite" team.  There are a lot of fans here who want to re-live the 2007 season except for that last loss... therefore, there is a very high expectation.  A team can throw a stinker in there and this one stunk to high heaven.  Of course, all will be forgotten if the Pats run the table the rest of the year, right?  It is a "what have you done for me lately, Patriots?"
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Yes, and just because the Patriots aren't one of the media's "elite teams" doesn't mean we're not elite or that we can't be elite. Power Rankings and such are for tools like ESPN to throw around: they have no bearing on anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

ccness, theres no reason to be a jerk.  oggie, thank you for crossing over the AFC EAST barrier to talk some sense into these fools.  if a pats fan (like myself) says it, the naysayers just ignore it, but coming from a foe... just thank you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to You're All Nuts: Snap out of it : Thank god, some perspective here.  The Dolphins and a bunch of other teams would love to be in the Pats spot right now.  The sky is not falling.  Is Porter still starting?  Ronnie Brown is out but Henne has got a little more experience.  I think Miami has probably showed all the tricks they have and the Pats do not lose 2 in a row.  Miami can still control the clock, this game will not be easy.  Miami always plays the Pats tough.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
     Unfortunately for me, and fortunately for you, Porter is still starting.  He stinks.  Gave up that running td for Fitzpatrick.  Can't cover the outside run.  Charlie Anderson and Cameron Wake are so much better.  The decision to play Porter and Ginn remains a serious concern for me regarding Sparano's coaching.

As for tricks, I think that's over.  I think they realize wth the exception of a few wildcat formations for ricky, the trickery has to stop.  They got to line up and beat their man straight up. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I can't imagine the Pats losing another game in the regular season.  They have an EASY schedule the rest of the way.

But the defense will still pipe, the offense will still have no consistent RB, and BB will still have no creativity come play off time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]    Great post oggieman, because it could be much worse. We could be dolphin fans.
    Posted by ccness[/QUOTE]

I would say "please be nice"...but you're right. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]ccness, theres no reason to be a jerk.  oggie, thank you for crossing over the AFC EAST barrier to talk some sense into these fools.  if a pats fan (like myself) says it, the naysayers just ignore it, but coming from a foe... just thank you.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

welcome

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]I can't imagine the Pats losing another game in the regular season.  They have an EASY schedule the rest of the way. But the defense will still pipe, the offense will still have no consistent RB, and BB will still have no creativity come play off time.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

This week will not be easy for the Pats.  Not saying they will lose; and if they were playing at fox, I'd say I agree with you.  But your team struggles on the road and the Fins played tough vs the Pats a few weeks ago like they always do.  expect a very tough game.  And a large dose of Ricky and Lex. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

What a great post. Funny it took a Fins fan to say something that sounded like sense. 

Oggieman you are a great guy, look forward to kicking your team's asss this week end. That will make us all feel better......:) Thanks Man!! :0

Man could we have suxed more than last night??? Don't think so, but not closing up shop and running home. We need to fix a looooooooootttt of junk on Defense.

D  had two things they needed to do last night:

1) Go after Brees
    2) Cover the receivers

We opted for neither, interesting choice.

"When a man looks into the abyss, what keeps him from falling into the abyss, is his character." Wall Street.

We have to count on our character, stop whining like the girls in Indy and SD and get back to work, we have a SB to win!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]ccness, theres no reason to be a jerk.  oggie, thank you for crossing over the AFC EAST barrier to talk some sense into these fools.  if a pats fan (like myself) says it, the naysayers just ignore it, but coming from a foe... just thank you.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

Have a sense of humor

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it :  Unfortunately for me, and fortunately for you, Porter is still starting.  He stinks.  Gave up that running td for Fitzpatrick.  Can't cover the outside run.  Charlie Anderson and Cameron Wake are so much better.  The decision to play Porter and Ginn remains a serious concern for me regarding Sparano's coaching. As for tricks, I think that's over.  I think they realize wth the exception of a few wildcat formations for ricky, the trickery has to stop.  They got to line up and beat their man straight up. 

Since you are being nice, could you ask Joey to cover Wes???? Please!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I can't imagine the Pats losing another game in the regular season.  They have an EASY schedule the rest of the way. But the defense will still pipe, the offense will still have no consistent RB, and BB will still have no creativity come play off time.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Fumble was not cool, but I thought LM ran fairly well last night

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

"ccness, theres no reason to be a jerk." 

I guess dolphin fans have a better sense of humor than some patriot fans. After all, he did ask for it.

"So snap out of it and start giving me some crap.
    Go Dolphins!!!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE] "ccness, theres no reason to be a jerk."      I guess dolphin fans have a better sense of humor than some patriot fans. After all, he did ask for it. "So snap out of it and start giving me some crap. Go Dolphins!!!"
    Posted by ccness[/QUOTE]
    that's right

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

Last week you guys were all psyched up to play the Saints and prove you are the best.  Well, this week we look at the Pats the same way.  To us, the pats are the benchmark, the measuring stick; we just hope we can win a meaningful game against a solid team for once.  This is the biggest game of Sparano's coaching career so far.  A must win against a team that simply doesn't lose two in a row.  This would be a signature win for us. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I don't see them canning Sparano anytime soon. He's on the right track...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see them canning Sparano anytime soon. He's on the right track...
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was joking....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Oggieman I normally would agree with you about the two losses in a row theory but after last night we all lost our "Brady always plays great in a dome" security blanket. I am now worried more about this game than I think I should be. The Patriots have not played well in the second half on the road once this season. Unless I see a huge lead at halftime it will be a nail biter for me all the way to the end. Especially if Matt Light (a usually unfairly maligned player) has to go against Taylor or Porter without some help.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE] Oggieman I normally would agree with you about the two losses in a row theory but after last night we all lost our "Brady always plays great in a dome" security blanket. I am now worried more about this game than I think I should be. The Patriots have not played well in the second half on the road once this season. Unless I see a huge lead at halftime it will be a nail biter for me all the way to the end. Especially if Matt Light (a usually unfairly maligned player) has to go against Taylor or Porter without some help.
    Posted by ccness[/QUOTE]

Porter is a non-issue. See the past few games? He either lost it REALLY fast, he's playing hurt, or he's pissed about something (perhaps how the Patriots screwed him out of 7 rings!)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE] Oggieman I normally would agree with you about the two losses in a row theory but after last night we all lost our "Brady always plays great in a dome" security blanket. I am now worried more about this game than I think I should be. The Patriots have not played well in the second half on the road once this season. Unless I see a huge lead at halftime it will be a nail biter for me all the way to the end. Especially if Matt Light (a usually unfairly maligned player) has to go against Taylor or Porter without some help.
    Posted by ccness[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady was not the issue last night...

Sections
Shortcuts