You're All Nuts: Snap out of it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAINTSATIONAL. Show SAINTSATIONAL's posts

Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it

In Response to You're All Nuts: Snap out of it:
    [QUOTE]My g-d.  You lost a football game.  You didn't play well.  But you still have the inside track on the division; you still have brady, moss and welker; and you are still coached by belichek.  What the hell are you crying about?  There are still 5 games left this season and the team that wins the Super Bowl is most likely the team that gets hot now.   Wake up and realize there's a lot of football left; a lot of time to get it right. And it all starts this weekend   This week's game is going to be a tough game.  The Fins are fighting for their lives; and the Pats are desperate for a road win and don't want to lose 2 in a row.  NBC is going to regret dumping this game.  So snap out of it and start giving me some crap. Go Dolphins!!!
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]
    Bottom line the Patriots can't cheat anymore, espically on the road.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it:
    [QUOTE]In Response to You're All Nuts: Snap out of it : Bottom line the Patriots can't cheat anymore, espically on the road.
    Posted by SAINTSATIONAL[/QUOTE]

First of all dickweed, this post is from a Miami fan...so your new time to come and rag on the pats missed the mark. second..You use the same line on every post...show that all the dumbfucsss didn't get out before the big blow...

Go back to bed and tell your goat good night, enjoy you fema home and 15 minutes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it : Tom Brady was not the issue last night...
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I would agree that Tom Brady was not the primary reason the team lost last night. But football is a team game and since Tom is the teams most important player an off night by him certainly contributed to the loss. I didn't watch his press conference but I'm sure Tom accepted his share of the blame, as he always does (another reason we think he's the best). 
       I think the loss was painful but in my mind the main reason we lost was because of the Saints. They were great last night. They dominated all phases of the game. The dome was loud, which clearly was bothering the Pats and we could never get any traction going after the first quarter. We would grind out long difficult drives under great pressure, needing to convert 3rd and longs and 4th and shorts only to see the Saints score in 3 plays or less. The Saints were playing so good that Welker could not get any yardage after his catches and thats the first time I have seen that in 3 years. 
        The Saints were smart to. After they knew it was over they played more conservative on offense. Their was no reason to let us see more of their playbook because they know (like myself and yourself) that they just might see us again on a neutral field later this year. Do I think we are going to the super bowl this year? Most likely no but I won't just give up on any team with Brady, Moss, Welker, Faulk and Belichek on it.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I can't imagine the Pats losing another game in the regular season.  They have an EASY schedule the rest of the way. But the defense will still pipe, the offense will still have no consistent RB, and BB will still have no creativity come play off time.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

I hate to admit my superstitions, but PLEASE stop underestimating our opponents.  Every one of our losses has been preceded by a large number of posts explaining how weak our opponent really is.  I mean, not to sound superstitious lol, but it really isn't working out too well for us...  The Dolphins and Texans should not be taken lightly. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it : I hate to admit my superstitions, but PLEASE stop underestimating our opponents.  Every one of our losses has been preceded by a large number of posts explaining how weak our opponent really is.  I mean, not to sound superstitious lol, but it really isn't working out too well for us...  The Dolphins and Texans should not be taken lightly. 
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I would not worry too much about this. While many fans foolishly show disrespect before games I can't recall the Belichek Patriots ever doing it. I'm sure the players will be read the riot act this week after Monday's performance. I expect that every one of them knows that this game is way more imortant than the Saints one and I expect everyone of them feels humbled after Monday night and that can lead to good things like the effort we saw last year going down the stretch when they realized they needed to win out to have a chance and they did. I expect major focus this week in practice and while I don't expect a blow out by any means I feel it should be another hard fought tough win with both teams going all out for 60 minutes. I think their injury problems slightly outweigh our road issues. We may lose his game because the Dolphins are actually an up and coming team who are well put together (except for the reciever position) who will probably me a major nuisance for the Patriots for years to come.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Boy do I need to learn how to operate spell check. Pretend their were some more periods and/or commas in that last post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]My g-d.  You lost a football game.  You didn't play well.  But you still have the inside track on the division; you still have brady, moss and welker; and you are still coached by belichek.  What the hell are you crying about?  There are still 5 games left this season and the team that wins the Super Bowl is most likely the team that gets hot now.   Wake up and realize there's a lot of football left; a lot of time to get it right. And it all starts this weekend   This week's game is going to be a tough game.  The Fins are fighting for their lives; and the Pats are desperate for a road win and don't want to lose 2 in a row.  NBC is going to regret dumping this game.  So snap out of it and start giving me some crap. Go Dolphins!!!

Hey, oggie, come on over to our side, man!

We need some more solid fans here to balance off all the lightweights jumping off the bandwagon after one bad loss!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it : I hate to admit my superstitions, but PLEASE stop underestimating our opponents.  Every one of our losses has been preceded by a large number of posts explaining how weak our opponent really is.  I mean, not to sound superstitious lol, but it really isn't working out too well for us...  The Dolphins and Texans should not be taken lightly. 
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I think that's just natural sports-fan psychology but let's recognize it for what it is.

The fact is that we do not want to take any remaining game on our schedule lightly. BB has done a good job of seeing that at least the players don't get into that mode. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

oggie, excellent post! Thank you. And I am actually not sure about this game on Sunday. You guys ain't dead yet, but I am looking forward to see the Jets take a beating this Thursday!

As for the Dolphins, can't wait to chant Joey!!!, to the TV this week!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You're All Nuts: Snap out of it :  Unfortunately for me, and fortunately for you, Porter is still starting.  He stinks.  Gave up that running td for Fitzpatrick.  Can't cover the outside run.  Charlie Anderson and Cameron Wake are so much better.  The decision to play Porter and Ginn remains a serious concern for me regarding Sparano's coaching. As for tricks, I think that's over.  I think they realize wth the exception of a few wildcat formations for ricky, the trickery has to stop.  They got to line up and beat their man straight up. 

As Monday night's game showed you don't need tricks to fool this Pats D unfortunately. It is woeful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

There are many of us who don't think the season is over - but are more reasonable in terms of expectations. I expect the Patriots to go 3-2 during this 5 game stretch and expected losses to the Colts and Saints.

Overall, I agree with you that some Pats fans should not quite give up on the season. On the other hand, some of the homers with rose colored glasses should take the glasses off and give up the Koolaid. The Patriots simply aren't as good as the reputation that they've built up since 2000.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

There is nothing to snap out of. Anyone who watched the 18-1 season, sees shades of that disappointed starting to happen here.

By the end of that season, people had figured out how to get pressure on Brady and the Pat's D couldn't make any stops. I have no doubt we will win the division, but I don't see this team beating The Saints or Vikings if we meet them in the Super Bowl.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]There is nothing to snap out of. Anyone who watched the 18-1 season, sees shades of that disappointed starting to happen here. By the end of that season, people had figured out how to get pressure on Brady and the Pat's D couldn't make any stops. I have no doubt we will win the division, but I don't see this team beating The Saints or Vikings if we meet them in the Super Bowl.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

Agreed this "team" peaked in the middle of the 2007 season. Teams have adapted, but BB has simply been too slow to change the team (personnel, schemes, and playcalling).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

[QUOTE]    Great post oggieman, because it could be much worse. We could be dolphin fans.
    Posted by ccness[/QUOTE]

Worse than that we could be jets fans.

* good points oggie you hit it out of the park.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NSPats. Show NSPats's posts

Some great posts here, but no one seems to be mentioning that the defense on this team is in a MAJOR rebuilding mode, and yet we're still likely to make the playoffs.  How many teams go into a rebuilding mode on either side of the ball and still make the playoffs - not many. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Dolphins/Pats is almost always a good game and anything can happen. I like our chances during the next 3 (Panthers, Bills, Jags). Texans could get interesting down in Houston. In the end I think the Pats will be around the 11-12 win mark. We'll win the division and I think the Pats could make things interesting in the AFC playoffs.

What this past Monday showed is that the Pats really need to make pass rushers a #1 priority in the offseason. No matter how good your secondary is without a consistent pass rush they'll still give up a ton of yards, you can't cover a guy forever. So I think we'll finally have that area addressed along with other receiver options, getting more youth in at running back, adding some more to the O-Line.

Have to hand it to the Saints right now I think they are the best team in football. Second best IMO is the Vikings. I'd take those 2 teams over any AFC team including the undefeated Colts right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]Some great posts here, but no one seems to be mentioning that the defense on this team is in a MAJOR rebuilding mode, and yet we're still likely to make the playoffs.  How many teams go into a rebuilding mode on either side of the ball and still make the playoffs - not many. 
    Posted by NSPats[/QUOTE]

Good point we have 6 new defensive starters. You figure Meriweather, Mayo, Guyton, Wilhitte, Butler, Wheatley are all in their 1st/2nd years and are seeing quite a bit of action. Wouldn't be surprised if we see more rebuilding on the defensive side next year when it comes to bringing in pass rushers. We also are starting to rebuild the offensive line (which hopefully will include resigning Mankins). Then you figure running back as well with having some old and injury prone players like Morris, Taylor, then Faulk is a free-agent next year. Then you also need to address that Moss is in the last year of his contract next year so you better get yourself a good receiver.

Most teams rebuilding win 5-6 games we'll probably win about 11-12 games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinjake1966. Show kevinjake1966's posts

Good post, thanks for snapping us out of it.  GO PATS!!!!  Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

this was a great post...initially i thought it was a pats fan...oggie almost sounds like he is on the fence...   go pats!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Oggie is just patronizing you. Lap it up though..no "yes" men needed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

I can't help but agree with Oggie.  It was just one game and you got beat by a better team on their home field under horrible conditions.  There is no reason why the Pats can't run the table the rest of the way.  Well, there is one reason ... lack of focus.  The Pats have to refocus or they could easily fall to the Dolphins this week.  Miami knows that the Pats can be beaten and they know that they can beat them given last year's game. 

But, as long as the Pats put the Saints game totally behind them, which I feel they can, they should have little problem with the Dolphins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

I noticed your post didn't say diddly squat about the Patriots defense.  Tell me about the swiss cheese defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Oggie and Guido,
    No shrinks needed here. We just saw our defense get Massacred for the 2nd time in 3 weeks and we deserve at least a 2 day mourning period. Most people here will move on to the Dolphins.

Oggie, do you have any good dirt on the Phins for us yet? I know Porter has been a good company man so far this week. I saw he had 2.5 sacks in that Bills game and figured he'd be thumping his chest in defeat because he had the good stats.
    I've been down to Miami a half dozen times over the years for Pats games and the Pats have been 2-4 those days so I'm not any more confident about this game than I was about the Saints.  I am very Happy Brown is out and I saw Ricky's attempt at being a wildcat QB last week so I think they will hold back a tad on that particular play. The Patriots don't usually lose 2 in a row unfortunately for the Dolphins and should bounce back after that embarrassment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]I noticed your post didn't say diddly squat about the Patriots defense.  Tell me about the swiss cheese defense.
    Posted by gfkr2[/QUOTE]

I really don't think the Pats defense is bad at all.  Yes, they were exposed, but the Saints have exposed several good defenses.  The Saints opened up the playbook on the Pats.  I seriously doubt anyone could have stopped them.  I saw several plays for the very first time, albeit run out of formations which have been used before.  The Pats are intimately knowledgeable with the Fins' offense and should not have anywhere near the same problems as on Monday night.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts