Zbellino School of Football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Zbellino School of Football

Last night the Texans sure bit on the fake run opening up some great shots down the field.

Thay play would NOT have worked last year. No one was afraid enough of the Pats run game to pursue with the entire front 7 and bring in the safeties to stop it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Pats set tone last night with runs on (correct me please) the first 4 plays...?  Getting a first down in the process.  This is now in the ds mind.  Play action worked there after. SHOW RUN EARLY... might be a better term.  Get one first down by running the ball... Goes a long way.

The op goes a bit haywire with some valid points mixed in. Nowhere is the mention of the OC strategy. Or how the change of OC this year has completely changed this offense.

Debating run/pass is limited since it depends on the formation.  Running from shotgun is different from running from obvious 2tight run formation. Results differ as well.  O'Brien was terrible last year, having zero clue how to use a running attack.  People who don't see this (obie lovers) need to go watch some tape from last year... Lots of it.  Until you get it.

Its there if you choose not to ignore it . He was awful. Playcalling or mixing is a strength of mcd. As is the use of the running attack.  He has more experience than obie and it shows.

This is the problem with the op. It doesn't recognize the difference between mcd and obie or understand it.  it seems to be answering an opposing run centric philosophy ....

Oh well ...just enjoy the results. Obies gone ... Hmmm seems better to me.  stay tuned...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

O'Brien was so bad they went to the super bowl. McDaniels was so brilliant the
    Broncos became competitve right after he left.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats set tone last night with runs on (correct me please) the first 4 plays...?  Getting a first down in the process.  This is now in the ds mind.  Play action worked there after. SHOW RUN EARLY... might be a better term.  Get one first down by running the ball... Goes a long way.

The op goes a bit haywire with some valid points mixed in. Nowhere is the mention of the OC strategy. Or how the change of OC this year has completely changed this offense.

Debating run/pass is limited since it depends on the formation.  Running from shotgun is different from running from obvious 2tight run formation. Results differ as well.  O'Brien was terrible last year, having zero clue how to use a running attack.  People who don't see this (obie lovers) need to go watch some tape from last year... Lots of it.  Until you get it.

Its there if you choose not to ignore it . He was awful. Playcalling or mixing is a strength of mcd. As is the use of the running attack.  He has more experience than obie and it shows.

This is the problem with the op. It doesn't recognize the difference between mcd and obie or understand it.  it seems to be answering an opposing run centric philosophy ....

Oh well ...just enjoy the results. Obies gone ... Hmmm seems better to me.  stay tuned...

[/QUOTE]

The op is  saying that you can't go from a script, youv'e got to see with your own eyes that the other team is starting to respect the run and ready to bite on the play action, I think McD does that a bit better then OBrien.

McD 's problem is sometimes he does the complicated reverse triple psychology thing like "I'm going to run because you think I am going to fake a run and actually pass and you will never expect it since I have done it 3 plays in  a row now"

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah McD really suks. Take a look at what he did here in 06,07 and this season. Too bad Obrien's record in the playoffs was 0-2 till last year, and then his amazing 1 dimensional offense racked up 17 big ones in the biggest game of the year. He was great....if you have no perspective.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Last night the Texans sure bit on the fake run opening up some great shots down the field.

Thay play would NOT have worked last year. No one was afraid enough of the Pats run game to pursue with the entire front 7 and bring in the safeties to stop it.

[/QUOTE]

Not true. NE was running amuck in 2011 until BJGE's turf toe. NE ran all over Oakland for over 200 yards and BJGE had 122 on the ground in Week 5 vs the Jets, and that's when he got hurt.

The problem was NE never went back to commiting to the run over 4 qtrs. BJGE had 8 carries for 50 yards at halftime in the AFC title game, only to not be used mysteriously in favor or Woodhead in the second half. As we know, Brady got worse in the second half and they almost lost because of it.

The RB corps is deeper now this year with the involvement of RIdley more so and some Vereen, which only makes ignoring the run like last week in Miami all that more mindnumbingly stupid.

There's more to it than "we didn't have the RBs" to do it last year. Yes, we did. We just didn't commit to it.

[/QUOTE]

This year it seems like they honestly rely on the run to move the chains while last year it was used as a means to set up the pass...big philosophy difference. If that is what you mean by 'commit' I will buy it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah McD really suks. Take a look at what he did here in 06,07 and this season. Too bad Obrien's record in the playoffs was 0-2 till last year, and then his amazing 1 dimensional offense racked up 17 big ones in the biggest game of the year. He was great....if you have no perspective.

[/QUOTE]

I never say McDaniels sux. Never once. With Brady and Belichek they all have looked great: Weiss, McDaniels and O'Brien. Wow, 17 points in the super bowl. Who was the OC the first time they lost to the Giants in the super bowl? I am sure it will come to me eventually, you know the greatest offense of all time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The op is  saying that you can't go from a script, youv'e got to see with your own eyes that the other team is starting to respect the run and ready to bite on the play action, I think McD does that a bit better then OBrien.

McD 's problem is sometimes he does the complicated reverse triple psychology thing like "I'm going to run because you think I am going to fake a run and actually pass and you will never expect it since I have done it 3 plays in  a row now"

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  He over-manages and over-thinks it. Note how lethal the offense is when they simply just mix it all up, break the huddle and run their plays:

1. Run

2. Shotgun Spread

3. Hurry Up

Target everyone, but just don't forget to establish the run. Keep it simple.  They did nothing tricky, they just confused Houston because they ran it all (the plays/styles of offense).   So easy. It's so easy.

[/QUOTE]

Not dry humping every call but mcd is 100 times better than O'Brien.  Somebody disagree please...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never say McDaniels sux. Never once. With Brady and Belichek they all have looked great: Weiss, McDaniels and O'Brien. Wow, 17 points in the super bowl. Who was the OC the first time they lost to the Giants in the super bowl? I am sure it will come to me eventually, you know the greatest offense of all time.

[/QUOTE]

Right ... Except that was 5 YEARS AGO.  Mcd is not wet behind the ears any more. He went out in the world and struggled and learned a sh!tload in the process.  Obie was green.  It was obvious . Go watch some tape.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Your saying Belichek had an incompetent run the offense and you have the nerve to tell others to watch some tape. If it was so obvious, why did they have the NFL's best offense in 2010 and the 3rd best in 2011. How did Belichek manage without you all these years?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady made his weekly appearance on the Dennis & Callahan show Tuesday, the morning after he threw for 296 yards and four touchdowns in a 42-14 rout of the Texans. When asked how the Patriots were able to so easily handle a team that entered the game with an 11-1 record, Brady was quick to praise the work of the coaching staff in readying the players for the matchup.

"Coach Belichick does that better than anybody who has ever coached," said Brady. "And coach McDaniels does that better than any offensive coordinator I've ever been with, and Matt Patricia gets those guys ready on defense. That's complementary football, that is Patriots football."

Yeah.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Sounds like Brady thinks McDaniels is better, but you're probably right, and Brady is wrong. Execution meet preparation. This is still a coaches LG.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

Sounds like Brady thinks McDaniels is better, but you're probably right, and Brady is wrong. Execution meet preparation. This is still a coaches LG.....

[/QUOTE]
    Tom Brady speaking about Bill O'Brien in 2011 on WEEI after rumours of O'Brien leaving:

I don't know what's going to happen," Brady said. "I hope he's here for a long time. I told him that, too."

"He's been a great coach and friend," the QB said. "We have a great relationship. Probably a very unique relationship in that we communicate all the time. I always enjoy working with him. He's done an incredible job with this team and this offense. He expects nothing less than our best."

Brady says good things about all his teammates and coaches. It's ok that you are always wrong but stop being such a tool.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Zbellino might be the smartest guy posting here and is certainly one of the most valuable contributors. 

Rusty, as for your absurd and persistent allegation that Brady has become addicted to a pass-happy offense since 2007 and has wrested control of that offense from BB and his OCs in order to derail the Pats success, I'd like to see a single link to that effect. A single public piece of information. I realize there isn't one but would like to go ahead and remove that assertion from your argument so we can focus on the more defensible aspects of your views. It's irresponsible of you to present something as fact you can't prove. 

This article on Brady's game day prep and his close relationship with BB is much closer to the truth: 

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Brady-gives-Belichick-Patriots-the-ultimate-4095034.php

If you want to assert Brady has had some sub-par playoff games in recent years that's a fair statement, but this notion that he is somehow being "reigned in" by his coaches from a pass-happy tendency is just not based in any reality that I know of. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Of all the classless things.  Starting a thread on a fellow fan and on Zbellino of all people.  Took this blog to a new low. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Zbellino might be the smartest guy posting here and is certainly one of the most valuable contributors. 

Rusty, as for your absurd and persistent allegation that Brady has become addicted to a pass-happy offense since 2007 and has wrested control of that offense from BB and his OCs in order to derail the Pats success, I'd like to see a single link to that effect. A single public piece of information. I realize there isn't one but would like to go ahead and remove that assertion from your argument so we can focus on the more defensible aspects of your views. It's irresponsible of you to present something as fact you can't prove. 

This article on Brady's game day prep and his close relationship with BB is much closer to the truth: 

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Brady-gives-Belichick-Patriots-the-ultimate-4095034.php

If you want to assert Brady has had some sub-par playoff games in recent years that's a fair statement, but this notion that he is somehow being "reigned in" by his coaches from a pass-happy tendency is just not based in any reality that I know of. 

[/QUOTE]

His only shred of "proof" he points to is that Brady stated that he does preferred the shotgun in certain situations becuase it allows him to see the field and often tell where the blitz is coming from and have time to react. Sorry for run on sentence and spelling... typing from phone in ambulance. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Umm, I just bluedgoened Z in another thread.

[/QUOTE]

You have NEVER bludgeoned anyone here junior. NOT ONE TIME. Much less bludgeon Z.

[/QUOTE]

I've never bluedgoned Phat Rex or Underpants?  Umm I am pretty sure I have. MANY TIME.  Phat Rex hasn't returned here since Thanskgiving night due to my predictions, almost to the T, with his Jets final collapse.

Just 2 weeks ago I blistered your buddy Gunty with about 7 people coming on the thread and confirming so.

It's easy to bitchslap morons or peopel with agendas.

Your worst nightmare just occurred last night.  Brady finally was reined in and he helped the team.

[/QUOTE]

You are a stark raving madman. Show us an iota of proof anywhere that Brady was defying BB's wishes. You can't because THERE IS NONE. It only exists in that delusional mind of yours junior. You just make things up and act as if they are real because YOU THINK them. They aren't real junior. They only exist in your disheveled mind. LMAO@U

You bludgeoned a couple trolls from other teams? THAT's your big claim to fame? That's what you call bludgeoning? Pitiful. Anybody can give a couple of fans from other teams a hard time and get a pat on the back from their fellow fans. That isn't bludgeoning anybody junior.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

THEY ALREADY ESTABLISHED THE RUN [vs Texans]

They DID NOT establish a run vs Miami, however.

[/QUOTE]

MIA game - 1st quarter 4 runs

HOU game - 1st quarter 5 runs

You're telling us five runs in the early going "establishes the run" and four runs doesn't junior? You must be right, what an awesome difference in "commitment"!

WHO KNEW!!! that one run could be such a difference maker!!! LMAO@U

Oh I forgot. You claim, "it's about the approach not only the data"!!!

Tell us mr. genius IQ, what EXACTLY is "the approach"????? (Can't wait to hear this pile of steaming BS you are about to spew in answer to this.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They wet one dimensional last year. Passing game and Brady was great like always. Other than maybe the Oakland game and the 2nd jet game they didn't run the ball for much production . 

Nobody here is an expert, luckily we have Belchick and Brady, the best coach / QB combo ever.

[/QUOTE]

They ran more than the average NFL team last year. And they are only running once more per 20 plays this year. Around 3 whole times a game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no admiration for OB by Brady for very good reasons I suspect.

I think Brady has earned the right to dress down a street scrub receiver on the sideline that he feels didn't do what he was supposed to without a cretin like OB making a scene and trying to upstage our greatest player ever.

I'm not a McD fan, but I'm glad that garbage OB is gone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They wet one dimensional last year. Passing game and Brady was great like always. Other than maybe the Oakland game and the 2nd jet game they didn't run the ball for much production . 

Nobody here is an expert, luckily we have Belchick and Brady, the best coach / QB combo ever.

[/QUOTE]

They ran more than the average NFL team last year. And they are only running once more per 20 plays this year. Around 3 whole times a game.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but they are much more effective this year. They didn't run very well last year. . They are one of the top rushing teams in the league this year,  7th compared to 20th last year. Teams didn't respect the Patriot run game last year with BJGE, they have to this year or Ridley can make them pay. The passing game is always the focus with Brady back there but IMO the offense is better this year with the improved run game.

Sections
Shortcuts