zolten mesko

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

zolten mesko

Future fan favorite.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Re: zolten mesko

In Response to zolten mesko:
    Future fan favorite.
    Posted by patsfantiltheend

and who couldn't love a guy named zolten?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In keeping with the tradition of mis-spelling player's names...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to zolten mesko:
    Future fan favorite.
    Posted by patsfantiltheend

especially if he boots 60 yard punts alot

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The kicker is Ghost, the tight end's name is Gronk, and the punter's name is Zoltan.  If you get paid a couple of hundred grand per year, up to a million a year, you accept that the fans are going to nickname a player when possible.  There are much worse monikers to come when a player messes up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If he's gonna keep wearing that 14 he'd better turn out to be something.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I was thinking the same thing 14 is a number that should be given out to class acts. Grogan made that number a classic here. I have a feeling as long as he stays healthy he could be an All-Pro. I have been waiting for someone who could make me stop dreaming of Rich Camarillo and this guy was one of the Punters I targeted as doing just that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I heard reports of him hitting 70+ yrds on a couple kicks in practice so far. Are you kidding, 70+ yrds? That's like him booting from the 20 and getting it inside the 10

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: zolten mesko:
    I heard reports of him hitting 70+ yrds on a couple kicks in practice so far. Are you kidding, 70+ yrds? That's like him booting from the 20 and getting it inside the 10
    Posted by PatsEng

that is amazing should give us an advantage in field position. he is huge for a kicker, i kind of want to see a player try to return one of his punts just to see mesko deck him. (he is the size of a LB).Great pick in the 5th round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Considering most punt returners are undersized wr's and cb's. Yeah which one of them wants to deal with a 6'4" 235lb punter. Wonder if Spikes can teach him how to tackle?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

I think its funny that 3 months before the draft people like Harley Road King, Stommper, and a few others were joking aobut picking a punter in the first round. Now of course that was just joking but look what happened here, I hope this guy works out well for the Patriots

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

didnt we draft him as a project linebacker?  he almost ideal size, just needs to bulk up a bit!
    Just kidding, he looks good, just needs to become consistant, hear he line drives many kicks as well as booms the 60+ yard ones.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

dont mess with the Zoltan, unless u wanna get decked on the 5 yard line, could u imagine him running down the field on a kick off and just whaming some1? that would decide the game, ifZolten kills some1 during the game the Patriots automatically win!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

THis is going to be one the best draft picks ever made, when the pats start owning field position next year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Ranked 3rd in the country last year. Got lots of practice. Michigan's offense was no good.
    Could be great value for 5th round pick.
    Establishing/changing field position is so important.
    Can be a great weapon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Remember he is only a rookie. There will be growing pains.

I was glad to see him picked in the 5th round. We needed a punter and he looks like the best.

As for his tackling he admitted he wasn't very good at it. Here's a great interview with Mesko done recently by a Michigan blogger.
    http://www.maizenbrew.com/2010/4/28/1440098/the-space-emperor-is-funny

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I just talked to a Michigan Defensive player I know and he had some very good things to say about our rookie kicker. Smart, Hard worker, real strong leg.