1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body.

I won't say your wrong but I always think that players like AROD, and especially NOMAR wind their bodies so tight that it eventually starts to snap. In 1999 when I was at Nomar's locker in Ft. Myers it was FULL of vitamins and various other things you would find at GNC. It actually looked like a GNC franchise in his locker... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body.

In Response to Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body.:
    [QUOTE]This guy seems to be falling apart and you have to assume that steroids can explain this.  I just think of that anti-steroids commercial with the crumbling statue.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I think things like this are a case by case basis.  Manny didn't break down, neither did Bonds or Palimiero, Sosa or Ortiz.  I think injuries happen to every player differently and it depends on the individual.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body. : I think things like this are a case by case basis.  Manny didn't break down, neither did Bonds or Palimiero, Sosa or Ortiz.  I think injuries happen to every player differently and it depends on the individual.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Alex admitted he's been using steroids since high school!!!  I'm surprised it's taken this long to beat him down. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body.:
    [QUOTE]This guy seems to be falling apart and you have to assume that steroids can explain this.  I just think of that anti-steroids commercial with the crumbling statue.

When it comes to A-Rod, Sox fans want to assume everything about the guy can be explained by steroid usage.

Because there is no other explanation possible for a 36yo professional athlete getting hurt and requiring surgery after 18 seasons of play at the highest level...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body.

This guy seems to be falling apart and you have to assume that steroids can explain this.  I just think of that anti-steroids commercial with the crumbling statue.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body. : I think things like this are a case by case basis.  Manny didn't break down, neither did Bonds or Palimiero, Sosa or Ortiz.  I think injuries happen to every player differently and it depends on the individual.

Actually Bonds did break down. His knees were so bad that he was a virtual statue in left and his always weak arm became Damon like.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Agree with Jessey.  Griff's name has never even been mentioned in the same breath as PEDs.

That's one of the biggest crimes of all with PEDs; the moment a clean player begins to fade, his name gets chucked in the PED bin. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with Jessey.  Griff's name has never even been mentioned in the same breath as PEDs. That's one of the biggest crimes of all with PEDs; the moment a clean player begins to fade, his name gets chucked in the PED bin. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]hey Soups, also i think his first few injuries were in part to his all-out style much like Pedroia..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body.

So is Tiger Woods...falling apart at the joints.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

You could not be any more correct on this frivolous assumption. Even back in the day, some players suffered more injuries than others. It's a question of good versus bad fortune. And so many of the present players that used haven't got A-Rod's issues. And yet so many past users still playing aren't having these physical problems. This assumption is merely a hate for the player. 
    Any future injury to any Sox player now may be construed as being a user then? Utterly ridiculous. With user numbers being as high as maybe 50 to 70% during the roid era, you'd expect many more injuries of this nature. Just my 2 cents.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body. : Poor fanboy; so earnest; but so weak ........ on second thought .......... you're right a miniscus tear is such a rare injury, it has to be ped's.
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]
    I've had 3 meniscus related knee scopes and were related to power workouts techniques and the inevitable aging process. Never drug assisted which I vehemently will never condone. And I keep a continuous watchful eye on the high school athletes that I mentor. Hopefully teaching by example and reminding these kids the outweighed cons of PED usage will reflect enough thought to dissuade their use. Maybe drug use can excelarate or exacerbate joint or musculature injuries, but why risk abusing them to find out.  A teen's influence versus grown men's professional decisions are probably one of the like. Attaining goals sometimes concludes a 'no choice' attitude which ultimately results into delving into the unknown of the known. God help all those aspiring youth athletes with the dreams of becoming the next A-Gon, Cano or Cliff Lee through the use of illegitimate means. My 2 cents. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

True cw, Arod was reared on roids as an infant and probably can tolerate them longer than normal individuals.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alex Rodriguez is the perfect example of what years of steroids does to the body. :    Actually Bonds did break down. His knees were so bad that he was a virtual statue in left and his always weak arm became Damon like.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

toward the end yes, you're right.  Still its a case by case thing age affects each player differently.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I for one do not believe Griffey ever juiced, but I believe he is a good example showing that injuries do not mean PED's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I don't know about the 'roid effect, but I believe this is ARods last year at third. Next season Jeter will move to third and ARod will be almost exclusively ($30 million) DH for the rest of his career. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-. Show --The---Babe-'s posts

I guess all the sawx injuries the past two years were PED related as well then.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I won't say your wrong but I always think that players like AROD, and especially NOMAR wind their bodies so tight that it eventually starts to snap. In 1999 when I was at Nomar's locker in Ft. Myers it was FULL of vitamins and various other things you would find at GNC. It actually looked like a GNC franchise in his locker... 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    I really believe that some players are in hopes that supplementation can increase their career longevity and why not consume ligit pills that can help them attain that. I would.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm about to take a shot at the Patron Saint of baseball here and I know many readers can't handle the truth so their heads are about to spin like Linda Blair's in the Exorcist.

The perfect example of a human body breaking down do to PED abuse is none other then......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnatDuke. Show JohnatDuke's posts

I just don't think you can make those kind of assumptions.  When I was young and fit, playing every day I could, I got the exact same injury on a routine single.  I rounded first base and pop. It was just a freak thing.

But thank the baseball gods that the Sox aren't paying his contract for another 6 years!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Why was this thread about a major league ball player and the harmful affects of possible drug use moved, when an idiotic thread about what movie actor should portray which poster is allowed to fester on?

And you, BDC, want to be taken seriously?

Ridiculous!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Why was this thread about a major league ball player and the harmful affects of possible drug use moved, when an idiotic thread about what movie actor should portray which poster is allowed to fester on? And you, BDC, want to be taken seriously? Ridiculous!
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Its a pretty silly thread.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-E. Show Big-E's posts

The worst part of the steroid and HGH revelations is that we all need to admit "I don't know" when a high-achieving athlete does especially well or gets hurt. My suspicions go all the way back to Lasse Viren (FInland) coming out of nowhere to beat Prefontaine in the 5K after winning the 10K and then also the marathon (Munich '72). Blood doping was mentioned by some but nothing came of it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Remind me again when it was ever proven that Ortiz took steroids? That's a pretty bold accusation to put on a player who was never proven and never admitted to using steroids.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

As far as my understanding goes nothing has actually been proven against any player. It remains to be seen what, if anything, can be proven. To this day rumor and innuendo continue to run rampant while hard physical evidence is extremely scarce or non-existent.

Do I believe that many of those accused are guilty?... Certainly.

Do I believe that questionable substances might still be in use?... Yes.

But what myself or others may or not believe is'nt proof. The truth is, we'll probably never know for sure.

Sections
Shortcuts