1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Re: Bartolo Colon? How is he doing it?

In Response to Re: Bartolo Colon? How is he doing it?:
    [QUOTE]Their "nonsense" is to provide a Red Sox forum for Red Sox fans. If yanfee fans want to come here so be it, but it's not up to them to keep you happy. when there is a fair and balanced forum for any fan base, let me know.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

By quoting David Ortiz I am not in ANY WAY IMAGINABLE taking away anything from this forum nor it being a Red Sox forum.  There have been Yankee fans here from the beginning and by deleting that quote it is nonsense and borders on idiocy.  Shocking and your view of how this forum should be run also surprises me but that is up to you, I can't change your point of view no more than you cannot change mine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Steve, as long as you all continue to feed into it, it will continue. supply and demand

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Thoughts. Show Big-Thoughts's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bartolo Colon? How is he doing it? : Why don't you use one screename?  The facts are that Bartolo is pitching very very well and as for Jeter he is up from .219 to .262. As for first place if the Sox were in 1st place you'ed be gloating (that is how it is spelled) yourself but they are in last so you have to ramp up your attacks on the Yankees.  Trust me. http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/year/2011/seasontype/2/league/al
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

The OP raises a valid point.  How is Colon able to "pitch very very well."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]I think that Beni, Mikey, and Zac should go to that bar in Kill Devil Falls and have a few beers together and listen to Phish.
    Posted by Soxchemistry[/QUOTE]

I'll be in Bethel, NY 1 month until the start of summer tour!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]mikey how many times are you going to post this??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Its not right J....Beni can post whatever he wants and can insinuate that any baseball player (Yankee) does PED's and I can't post a quote?  Why is that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

FWIW, there's plenty of ink about him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Steve, as long as you all continue to feed into it, it will continue. supply and demand
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Exactly, J-Bay. Smiley is just throwing out his fishing line waiting for a sucker to take the bait. They always do.

What if Smiley had a thread and nobody came?

I saw one of his threads a couple of weeks ago, he got no responses and bumped it back up himself a day later. Then the feeding frenzy started and it was on its way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]How about we let all the silly threads just die by not feeding the flames anymore. Fighting fire with fire doesn't work - ever! Everyone thinks that Beni is some kid who likes to rant. If I was a gambling man, and I am, I would bet the house that Beni is no stupid kid. Any kid would have stopped doing what he was doing after being challeneged as many times as Beni has. Beni's threads are quite calculated & are meant to draw a response from a specific targeted audience. And every time he reads someone who takes him seriously, I guarantee he starts laughing his a zz off. Why do you all think he never answers a direct question or enter comments on a thread which is heaped in real baseball conversation? As for the supposed aliases. We know he stated or admitted to this before the season started. But just maybe he made a mistake (we all do) and he really just has a fan who loves to play along in the game. Beni's threads are fun but Beni himslef should never be more important that baseball. And everytime you follow up on his rants, you make his star brighter and dim the light on baseball conversation. And that is just what is happening now with this conversation. For me, Beni rules. Sit back and giggle. You only have one life; why get pizzed at a ghost on an internet forum?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

An interesting perspective, but one to which I cannot subscribe.  If he were tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, or simply good-natured, I may agree.  And, I can easily accept any cranky, honest, baseball-savy Yankee-hater, with whom  - at the very least - a conversation regarding baseball can be enjoyed.  That is to say, a dialogue can be had.  Rather than a monologue or a diatribe.

Instead, Beni is a one-sided coin: an unamusing, ungrammatical, plagiarizing boor; ignorant to common discussion; confounded by nuance of language necessary for entertaining, baseball-rival ribbing; incapable of compliment or humility. Thus, his need for polymorphism when his banter is bested.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

How about we let all the silly threads just die by not feeding the flames anymore. Fighting fire with fire doesn't work - ever!

Everyone thinks that Beni is some kid who likes to rant. If I was a gambling man, and I am, I would bet the house that Beni is no stupid kid. Any kid would have stopped doing what he was doing after being challeneged as many times as Beni has. Beni's threads are quite calculated & are meant to draw a response from a specific targeted audience. And every time he reads someone who takes him seriously, I guarantee he starts laughing his a zz off. Why do you all think he never answers a direct question or enter comments on a thread which is heaped in real baseball conversation?

As for the supposed aliases. We know he stated or admitted to this before the season started. But just maybe he made a mistake (we all do) and he really just has a fan who loves to play along in the game.

Beni's threads are fun but Beni himself should never be more important that baseball. And everytime you follow up on his rants, you make his star brighter and dim the light on baseball conversation. And that is just what is happening now with this conversation.

For me, Beni rules. Sit back and giggle. You only have one life; why get pizzed at a ghost on an internet forum?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Their "nonsense" is to provide a Red Sox forum for Red Sox fans. If yankee fans want to come here, so be it, but it's not up to them to keep you happy. when there is a fair and balanced forum, for any fan base, let me know.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Actually, I've seen RS fans complain when things don't go their way with the statement "That's because the Globe is owned by the New York Times" or something similar. Go figure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

BDC has that right Mikey, which is something you fought for. i see it for what it is, some see it for what they want it to be. will it change, probably not. acceptance is the key. you can't fight city hall. we'll agree to disagree. Have a good day mikey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

he's juicing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!damn that jack lalane!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]write to your congressman.....feedback@boston.com
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

My congressman, I don't think he is @ boston.com but the moderators have made it known through their actions that they stand for the same nonsense as Beni does, they will do nothing.  I think they all received training from the Workers Party of Korea.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]you may not be taking anything away from the forum by posting it mikey but your not contributing either. I'm one of the supporters for the yankee fans here, but i'm tired of hearing you all complain about it also. it is what it is, for better or worse. take it leave it. I didnt say I condone it, I just know how it is. BDC is a free forum, therefore have limited resourses. By in large, I think its a good one.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

J....Like I said I cannot change your mind in regard to this matter and you cannot change my mind.  I like talking baseball with you but in regard to this forum you see things as they way they are and I see it as nothing but censorship we are not going to see eye to eye on this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]First of all mikey, what don't you understand about this being a Red Sox forum? it comes with the territory, you know what you're going to get here. especially these threads. you all complain about them, but sure as hell, you all fall over each other trying to get here. secondly, since when has two wrongs made a right? lastly, you post this every second or third post. we got it, you're not telling us anything we dont already know. it keeps being deleted, but you keep re posting it.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I post only in response to the idiocy and insinuations that Beni is allowed to get away with, I don't post that garbage on the gameday thread or anywhere else.  If Beni is allowed to get away with spewing false statements or make insinuations without any concrete proof, than I or anyone else should be allowed to post a quote.  This is the internet not North Korea and I or anyone else without using vulgar or obscene language should be allowed to post anything we want, especially in response to someone who is essentially allowed to do so.  I'm SHOCKED at the moderators of this forum, what is this one party rule?  Posting a true quote, one that was stated by a current member of the Red Sox and having it deleted any time it is posted does not come with the territory of this being a Sox forum it is censorship.  Though I respect you as a poster and a member of this forum there is nothing you can say to persuade me to think otherwise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

which just tells me it's not all one sided Steve

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Smelly is either Law (my belief) or some bizarre Yankee fan who is not taking his meds. Either way - it is pretty much the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]His turnaround coincided with his use of a "Sports Bra" or "Sports Bro" as it's known in the locker room.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

He prefers man-ssiere.  Hey, if it works... Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

pthp we agree to disagree. One thing I would say is that his banter has not yet been bested because of those who come to his defense here. He is in costume and a very good one at that when it comes to internet forums such as this. For whatever reason, Beni knows from the start that he cannot be ignored.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bartolo Colon? How is he doing it? : An interesting perspective, but one to which I cannot subscribe.  If he were tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, or simply good-natured, I may agree.  And, I can easily accept any cranky, honest, baseball-savy Yankee-hater, with whom  - at the very least - a conversation regarding baseball can be enjoyed.  That is to say, a dialogue can be had.  Rather than a monologue or a diatribe. Instead, Beni is a one-sided coin: an unamusing, ungrammatical, plagiarizing boor; ignorant to common discussion; confounded by nuace of language necessary for entertaining, baseball-rival ribbing; incapable of compliment or humility. Thus, his need for polymorphism when his banter is bested.
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]
    I used to have a more positive view of Beni as I thought he was more open to discussion but he isn't, I agree with this post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Lets see if I can do this in here now that this thread has been moved:

"I definitely was a little bit careless back in those days when I was buying supplements and vitamins over the counter -- legal supplements, legal vitamins over the counter -- but I never buy steroids or use steroids"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]pthp we agree to disagree. One thing I would say is that his banter has not yet been bested because of those who come to his defense here. He is in costume and a very good one at that when it comes to internet forums such as this. For whatever reason, Beni knows from the start that he cannot be ignored.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Oh, but he can be ignored.  Just use the button; it works well. 

And, if has not been bested, why did he disappear for awhile?  Why has he asked for specific posters to be "nice" to him?  Why has he complained to moderators regarding "upsetting" posts?  Why does he change original posts to "old" immediately after being caught plagiarizing?

I aver...in the words of Mr. Hitchens, "If you gave him an enema, he could be buried in a match-box."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bartolo Colon? How is he doing it? : Oh, but he can be ignored.  Just use the button; it works well.  And, if has not been bested, why did he disappear for awhile?  Why has he asked for specific posters to be "nice" to him?  Why has he complained to moderators regarding "upsetting" posts?  I aver...in the words of Mr. Hitchens, "If you gave him an enema, he could be buried in a match-box."
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]
    Maybe Beni is a moderator.  He seems to be able to get nearly anything he wants onto the board and many things he wants deleted off of it.

Sections
Shortcuts