1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Can Granderson win the triple crown?

Whatever he ends up doing, Granderson is one unbelievable player and person.

But to me, the bigger storythis season is that Ichiro's streak of 200+ hits/season is about to end.  Only MLB player ever to hit 200+ in every season he played.  He needs about 50 hits in 30 games to do it.  Not impossible, but not probable.  And the stats he's put up in his career do not include his time playing in Japan. 

Sorry for the digression.  Good luck to Curtis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This one will look good on him:

I picked it out myself.

Wait until people find out he's using a corked bat or PED's....then we get him  this one:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Can Granderson win the triple crown?:
    [QUOTE]As a life long Red Sox fan it pains me to think a member of the Yankees can win the triple crown.  I am surprised that I've seen no discussions on that possibility.  He currently leads the league in HR's, Runs and RBI's.  I hate to admit it but he is having one hell of a year.  As far as MVP is concerned, this has to put him high on the list, but just like the current sox candidates, there are other players on that team that could steal votes.  For that reason I think Bautista will win.
    Posted by speakertim[/QUOTE]

Triple crown is HR, RBI and avg.  He has 0 chance of leading in avg.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]As a life long Red Sox fan it pains me to think a member of the Yankees can win the triple crown.  I am surprised that I've seen no discussions on that possibility.  He currently leads the league in HR's, Runs and RBI's.  I hate to admit it but he is having one hell of a year.  As far as MVP is concerned, this has to put him high on the list, but just like the current sox candidates, there are other players on that team that could steal votes.  For that reason I think Bautista will win.
       Son, you really need to get a clue?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by speakertim[/QUOTE]ok, were approaching overboard here..he's been awesome but..not a chance..runs scored isn't a TC category...that said i'm happy he's having a terrific season, helping the Yanks remain at/near the top of the division...it's funny, if he could trade for AG's avg and AG could trade  for Grandy's homers, they'd each be a real threat.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

Granderson better have like 10 5 hit games in a row to have a chance, probably more though, lol. If you mean he's gonna lead in HR's, RBI's, and runs scored yeah that is very possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

When is the last time a guy lead the league in triples, homeruns, rbi's, and runs scored?

2011, Curtis Granderson

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

Granderson is gonna produce 270 runs by himself (scoring 150 and driving in 120) and that's a conservative estimate. The name of the game is to score runs and produce, not necessarily get four hits in a game. Hate to say it, but as important as batting average is, it has become an overrated statistic considering batting average is not the telling stat when looking at run production. Gonzo is a great player and having a great year hitting, but like I said, run production is the most telling stat. Not too mention he's got Gonzo beat on power and speed which wrecks games, these are my reasons why Granderson is the undisputed MVP in my eyes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

Granderson who?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from speakertim. Show speakertim's posts

Can Granderson win the triple crown?

As a life long Red Sox fan it pains me to think a member of the Yankees can win the triple crown.  I am surprised that I've seen no discussions on that possibility.  He currently leads the league in HR's, Runs and RBI's.  I hate to admit it but he is having one hell of a year.  As far as MVP is concerned, this has to put him high on the list, but just like the current sox candidates, there are other players on that team that could steal votes.  For that reason I think Bautista will win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

to win the triple crown he needs batting average, not runs.  he's not even close to having the best batting average, so no he can't / and won't win it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

In Response to Re: Can Granderson win the triple crown?:
    [QUOTE]

Wait until people find out he's using a corked bat or PED's....

Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Hard to believe that a real baseball fan would question the character and makeup of a such an outstanding young man.

Watched a few more replays of that 3 run rocket shot from Granderson last night? That was a thing of beauty, and off another leftie. 

That there is the biggest change between the new and improved, more mature 2011 Curtis Granderson, and the multi talented kid who slugged 84 x-basehits in 2007, when he hit .302

Granderson has gone yard 15 times against lefties this year.

He has averaged 25 HR's in the 4 seasons prior to 2011, years where he had far less success against lefties.

To date this season Mr. CG has 68 extra base hits. Considering his alterations at the plate that have given much improved success against lefties, his numbers are well in line with his past efforts. 

Curtis has also crossed the plate 121 times to date, which leaves him but 22 shy of matching Arod's total of 143 runs scored in 2007, easily the top number over the course of the last decade. 

Curtis Granderson, top notch human being, top notch baseball player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pierreisme. Show pierreisme's posts

[QUOTE]Granderson is gonna produce 270 runs by himself (scoring 150 and driving in 120) and that's a conservative estimate. The name of the game is to score runs and produce, not necessarily get four hits in a game. Hate to say it, but as important as batting average is, it has become an overrated statistic considering batting average is not the telling stat when looking at run production. Gonzo is a great player and having a great year hitting, but like I said, run production is the most telling stat. Not too mention he's got Gonzo beat on power and speed which wrecks games, these are my reasons why Granderson is the undisputed MVP in my eyes.
    Posted by PhilTheAce[/QUOTE]

keep in mind that home runs are counted as both a run scored and rbi so you have to subtract home runs from that total to get a true account of runs produced. When you do that you will see that Granderson will not produce as many runs as you predict.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from speakertim. Show speakertim's posts

My mistake, I thought leading the league in 3 major categories counted, didn't realize one had to be average.  With that he does not have a chance.  Not really sure why some find it necessary to insult rather than inform.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Granderson win the triple crown? : more than likely a career year, smaller park, for as special a season as he's having i'm still toubled that his K/AB rate has increased a bit though his career best is 4.32 he's now in the mid 3's...and still misses that 2-seamer away often...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Actually aside from his RBI totals I don't really see what all the fuss is about. The kid did hit 30 in Detriot and has always been in the high 50's and 60's for total XBH, so hitting 40 hr's playing 81 games in yankee stadium with the lineup he has around him isn't that much of a stretch...

Triple crown ain't happening in any our our lifetimes, and certainly not this year but he has put himself in the MVP conversation...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]This one will look good on him: I picked it out myself. Wait until people find out he's using a corked bat or PED's....then we get him  this one:
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

you say granderson

and I say ellsbury

you say R U serious

and I say no R U

yes I know we can't trust any of them

but that doesn't make it right to accuse any one in particular

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

They loved Sammy Sosa in Chicago , too.

They loved Pete Rose in Cincinnati.

Many of us used to love Manny Ramirez, now few do.

Howard Johnson and Lenny Dyskstra were very popular when the Mets made their 1986 run to the pennant and World Series. So was Dwight Gooden and Darryl Starwberry. Dykstra used riods, Johnson a corked bat, Strawberry and Gooden used cocaine.

I guess "a real baseball fan" wouldn't have suspected those guys of doing anything bad.

Okay, I'm skeptical of this "to notch human being", but it's happened before and will happen again.

Possibly I am wrong, but athletes in this modern era must live with the speculation and doubt that will always surround a player having an "off the charts" year. Because it just doesn't happen very often at all. Usually these guys are cheating and we have come to suspect anyone and everyone. "top notch" or not. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]My mistake, I thought leading the league in 3 major categories counted, didn't realize one had to be average.  With that he does not have a chance.  Not really sure why some find it necessary to insult rather than inform.

i agree.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

No...he's not going to win the Triple Crown, because his won't win the batting title (best batting average).

The better question is...is the Grandy-man juicing, or merely having a career year?

Here are his career stats. You be the judge: http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/6125/curtis-granderson

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Ted Williams won the triple crown one year but was not voted MVP.

I think Granderson has a real shot at MVP because leading in runs and rbi's is pretty hard to do. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

i'm convinced the OP doesn't know the true definition of a TC.

he probably thought it was runs, HR'S and rbi, or he is bad in math.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Yankees have the best CFer in baseball, for years to come. Ton of talent.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Gonzo will win the RBI crown.  They were just tied, Granderson pulled a few ahead.  But he won't be first in RBIs when all is said and done.  Youk will be back soon, Gonzo will start crushing HRs again as he will get more cookies.  Granderson can't expect lousy pitching much longer.  Yanks go on the road for a long, long time.   Bye!