Can Granderson win the triple crown?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

Re: Can Granderson win the triple crown?

In Response to Re: Can Granderson win the triple crown?:
    [QUOTE]This one will look good on him: I picked it out myself. Wait until people find out he's using a corked bat or PED's....then we get him  this one:
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

you're much more entertaining when you're controversial, zilla.
    anyways, playing for the yankees, plus sharing a locker room with the classy, play-by-the-rules a-rod, the odds are against it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Sure, lots of people can win the triple-crown if you change the criteria.  Gonzalez will win one too - he'll lead the league in avg, hits and total bases.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]My mistake, I thought leading the league in 3 major categories counted, didn't realize one had to be average.  With that he does not have a chance.  Not really sure why some find it necessary to insult rather than inform.
    Posted by speakertim[/QUOTE]

kudos 2U  speakertim

for admitting you made  a mistake

shame on them for still pretending you didn't 30 minutes afterward

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]     No...he's not going to win the Triple Crown, because his won't win the batting title (best batting average).      The better question is...is the Grandy-man juicing, or merely having a career year?      Here are his career stats. You be the judge: http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/6125/curtis-granderson
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE] more than likely a career year, smaller park, for as special a season as he's having i'm still toubled that his K/AB rate has increased a bit though his career best is 4.32 he's now in the mid 3's...and still misses that 2-seamer away often...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Granderson win the triple crown? : you say granderson and I say ellsbury you say R U serious and I say no R U yes I know we can't trust any of them but that doesn't make it right to accuse any one in particular
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Funny Verlander is having his best season of his career and no one mentions peds...a couple of guys are hitting the ball out of the yard at a career high pace and it's has to be peds.

Just another of the long lasting legesy's of your favorite commish...Baseball Fever, Catch it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Granderson seems by all accounts to be a model citizen.  Everytime I have heard/seen him interviewed I am always impressed by how he conducts himself,  seemingly very classy, highly intelligent and a calm, upbeat, demeanor.

He  also does a lot for underprivileged youth with multiple foundations he has organized, is a great teammate and plays hard every day.  These are all huge pluses but as Zilla points out anyone who plays in MLB in 2011 is guilty until proven innocent because of the cloud of the Mitchell Report and the steroid's era.  It is unfortunate but a sad reality nontheless!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Grandersonis having a great year...buthisaverage stinks so no triple crown.
    I agree with Zilla.....In today's era you have to question a guys stats jumping so quickly like Granderson's.  Also, does anyone else honestly believe that Ortiz is hitting better again by accident? An aging, overweight DH doesnt usually get better with age folks...sorry.  I am a huge Sox fan, but also a realist.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

HELL no!  His average is in the .270's he has zero chance!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Granderson win the triple crown? : you say granderson and I say ellsbury you say R U serious and I say no R U yes I know we can't trust any of them but that doesn't make it right to accuse any one in particular
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

I do not "accuse", I simply raise the question and echo what many other fans are secretly thinking.

Besides, zac, he is a Yankee and this is Sox forum. My reputation took a huge hit when I started standing up for some former Yanks like Sheffield. Tino and Brosius, among others.

I want to stay away from the very unhealthy tag of "closet Yankee fan" that has been used in the recent past, I think by posters who are now banned or using new names.

zac, as you know, I respect you and your team. Your hint about Ellsbury is not without merit. My suspicions extend to all teams , including the Red Sox....I have my doubts about pro athletes and cheating and I think it is not beneath very many of them....Pedroia is the only one I really feel is bulletproof....and I would be devasted to the point of leaving the game , as a fan, if it is ever proven that this little guy is somehow not legit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

as always

fair enough Zill

cheers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

[QUOTE]They loved Sammy Sosa in Chicago , too. They loved Pete Rose in Cincinnati. Many of us used to love Manny Ramirez, now few do. Howard Johnson and Lenny Dyskstra were very popular when the Mets made their 1986 run to the pennant and World Series. So was Dwight Gooden and Darryl Starwberry. Dykstra used riods, Johnson a corked bat, Strawberry and Gooden used cocaine. I guess "a real baseball fan" wouldn't have suspected those guys of doing anything bad. Okay, I'm skeptical of this "to notch human being", but it's happened before and will happen again. Possibly I am wrong, but athletes in this modern era must live with the speculation and doubt that will always surround a player having an "off the charts" year. Because it just doesn't happen very often at all. Usually these guys are cheating and we have come to suspect anyone and everyone. "top notch" or not. 
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Ho-Jo wasnt ever a regular then...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Granderson win the triple crown? : Ho-Jo wasnt ever a regular then...
    Posted by Arodswallows[/QUOTE]

meant EVEN A REGULAR

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Can Granderson win the triple crown? : Triple crown is HR, RBI and avg.  He has 0 chance of leading in avg.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident[/QUOTE]

BIG FR... DEAL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

Who cares?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

I think he deserves it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Granderson peaked, goes downhill now.  Sorry.  End of story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Can Granderson win the triple crown?:
    [QUOTE]As a life long Red Sox fan it pains me to think a member of the Yankees can win the triple crown.  I am surprised that I've seen no discussions on that possibility.  He currently leads the league in HR's, Runs and RBI's.  I hate to admit it but he is having one hell of a year.  As far as MVP is concerned, this has to put him high on the list, but just like the current sox candidates, there are other players on that team that could steal votes.  For that reason I think Bautista will win.
    Posted by speakertim[/QUOTE]

I personally love what Granderson brings to the field and feel the Yankees should be happy to have him.  With that said I just don't feel he will ever have a high enough BA to win the triple crown. 

Way too many better hitters in the league.

18. This post has been removed.