1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011

Schilling, P.J. Martinez, Clemens all wanted the ball and relished that fact of going against the opposing team NUMBER 1...I thought Lester could be that guy...verdict still out....under advisement...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011

With thanks to mr. mojo:

"Here’s something to watch for on Tuesday. In the live ball era (since 1920), the Red Sox have allowed three or more home runs in four straight games only once in a season. That came in June 2000, when the Blue Jays and Yankees combined to hit 14 home runs in four games."

-------------------------------------------------------

I'll go on record as saying I'm A.O.K. with having the Indians and Rangers join the Yankees and Blue Jays on that list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

In Response to Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011:
    [QUOTE]Allowing 11 HR's in the very 1st series of 2011 is full worthy of recognition. Tain't easy. Congrats are also due for Carl Crawford. The man put together the first 2 hits for the 7,8,9 positions in the Sox loaded lineup, thus RAISING the avg. ALL THE WAY to a lusty .0666 for the bottom 3rd. Again, tain't easy.
    Posted by matsuigoesMo[/QUOTE]

Enjoy it while it lasts brother. Cause you know deep down what's going to happen this season. Way too much talent on this team to stay in the basement for long. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

Soups, Hill is a Seattle fan first and a Yankee fan second. For some reason he dislikes the Red Sox and comes in here with a small needle and enjoys pricking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011:
    [QUOTE]Allowing 11 HR's in the very 1st series of 2011 is full worthy of recognition. Tain't easy. Congrats are also due for Carl Crawford. The man put together the first 2 hits for the 7,8,9 positions in the Sox loaded lineup, thus RAISING the avg. ALL THE WAY to a lusty .0666 for the bottom 3rd. Again, tain't easy.

3 games are 3 games.  Act like you know this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

I have noticed "tons" of comments on this board that the mods let ride concerning the girth of a few Yankee pitchers.

Funny, how the 3 guys with the skinniest ERA's on the Sox have a collective 150+ waistline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Cmon, matsui, the NY press is no different...they love to be doomsayers when the Yankees are struggling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Texas is a pretty good team now.  You guys already proved that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011 : Lol.  It's funny how you're avoiding the obvious number that mattered for NYY fans last year.  How'd your pitching do against Texas last year?  Do you want me to post that number for you?  It's not hard to find...look for the huge team ERA.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    New York Yankee pitchers had a 4.20 ERA against the Texas Rangers in 2010:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/split.cgi?t=p&team=NYY&year=2010

In the ALCS, the Yankees had a 6.58 ERA against the Yankees.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

NAMEGPGS L   IPHERHRBBSOK/9 WHIPERA
    Dennys Reyes3 0   0       1.2 2 0 0 1 1 5.40   1.80 0.00
    Bobby Jenks1 0   0       1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00   0.00 0.00
    Matt Albers1 0   0       1.0 0 0 0 1 0 0.00   1.00 0.00
    Tim Wakefield2 0   0       2.0 1 1 1 1 0 0.00   1.00 4.50
    Clay Buchholz1 1   1       6.1 5 4 4 2 3 4.26   1.11 5.68
    Jon Lester1 1   0       5.1 6 5 3 1 0 0.00   1.31 8.44
    Jonathan Papelbon1 0   0       1.0 2 1 0 1 3 27.00   3.00 9.00
    Dan Wheeler2 0   0       1.1 4 2 1 0 1 6.75   3.00 13.50
    John Lackey1 1   1       3.2 10 9 2 2 3 7.36   3.27 22.09
    Daniel Bard1 0   1       0.2 4 4 0 1 1 13.50   7.50 54.00

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011:
    [QUOTE]I recall a guy named Cliff Lee taking the mound back then. Didn't notice him in Texas this weekend. I also recall the Yankees actually winning the 2 games that C.J. Wilson started.
    The postseason pitching star for the 2010 Rangers was Colby Lewis, who won three postseason games, including two against the Yankees, whom the righthander held to three runs over 13.1 innings.

Cliff Lee was 3-2 in the 2010 postseason, including eight shutout innings in his only start against the Yankees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

MR?

M & M.  75 pitches after 3 innings. 2 home runs by Miggy. knocked out after 4 innings. just the facts sir. an update of the yankee game on the sox  game thread. i also posted the final score. why even take notice of it, is there something unusual about that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeanmean. Show jeanmean's posts

the yanks have one ace. Hughes can't throw hard anymore. So there real #2 will be a bust. Burnett has never won many games and is on the verge of self-collaspe at the age of 34. Nova is nothing to be scared of. He gives up lot's of hits. Garcia and Colon are shot. And the yanks just hit home runs, not base hits for rallies. Gardner is a mediocre player with no stick at all. Jeter has already make like 2 or 3 errors.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

Gardner      .167
    Jeter         .200
    Cano         .231
    Granderson .182

It is true that our game thread has much infighting and is embarassing. We will never know if Andrewmitch and Georom are embedded Yankee fans. They sure act that way or are terrible Red Sox fans. In either case that thread is not worth going to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full

Dennys: "Can you believe that I own the "skinniest" ERA on this team?"

Agon: "I hear you brother slim. What did we get ourselves into here?"

www.sportsherniablog.com/.a/6a00d83451b84f69e2014e5f8f4a5d970c-pi">AGon

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Posted by matsuigoesMo[/QUOTE]Let's see how much smack you're talking after this weekend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

[QUOTE]

Enjoy it while it lasts brother. Cause you know deep down what's going to happen this season. Way too much talent on this team to stay in the basement for long.

Posted by RSNS14[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt that the Sox have plenty of talent.

They also have a decent amount of question marks, much like other teams.

Believe you me, after months of talk where a team that totally missed out on postseason play last year was declared as overwhelming favorites, I thoroughly enjoyed this past weekend.

The headlines on ESPN today have been fun too:

Mark Teixeira and Ryan Howard

Power Brokers

The Yanks and Phils have swung the bats with authority. Which one grabbed the top spot in our first rankings of 2011?

(Why no Rangers pictured after they beat the preseason overwhelming favorites to a pulp?)

Nation Of Panic

The Red Sox are 0-3. Are folks already worried? Of course they are. After all, it is Boston we're talking about. David Schoenfield »Pedroia: 'We're all frustrated'

Will enjoy the heck out of tonight with the Yankee game on ESPN, and the Conn./Butler matchup.

That said, the Sox getting hammered on the way to a sweep was a sweet start for a lifetime Yankee fan from Mass. Yes, there is long season ahead, and the Sox should prove to be a force to reckon with.

I promise to slow way down in my posting. I have been stuck at the computer all day waiting on some business updates.

Will be checking in every now and then all season long, win or loss.

Looking forward to next weekend.

The games have begun.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

"Regardless of how intense the competition was or wasn’t (during spring training), Ivan Nova felt that he was ensconced in a serious skirmish and treated every outing as if it were more than a spring appearance. Nova felt that he had to be as precise as possible to convince the Yankees of his value. Even after Nova secured the fourth spot, he isn’t changing his approach. He is hauling that competitive philosophy into the season.

“I had to fight for a spot,” Nova said. “That helped me a lot. Every time I go out there now, I’m thinking that way. I have to fight.”

Nova is thinking and acting like a pitcher who expects to thrive.

“I have to feel that nobody is going to hit me,” he said. “I have a plan.”

For Nova, the plan is to attack hitters with a sinking fastball that averages about 93 miles per hour and produces bushels of grounders. Nova also has a changeup that dives and is a great complement to his fastball, a solid curveball and a decent slider. When Nova experimented with a cut fastball this spring, he ended up with a pitch that acts more like a slider by having a bigger break. Nova, who puts more pressure on his middle finger when throwing the cutter that masquerades as a slider, called it a “new toy.”

In a spring where young Yankees like Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances and Andrew Brackman were discussed and dissected every day, Nova, another young pitcher who actually had a great chance to be on the Opening Day roster, didn’t receive nearly as much attention. In some ways, that was odd. Nova, who is 24, is one year younger than Brackman and one year older than Betances. Banuelos is 20.

“When everyone talks about the young pitchers, he flies under the radar a bit,” said Damon Oppenheimer, the Yankees’ Vice President of Amateur Scouting. “He shouldn’t. People should talk about him.”

Jack Curry

-----------------------------------------------------------

No starts and impresses with movement on every pitch

JoSo hold

Mo saves

JoSoMo = Nova wins

I wonder what the betting line was for Nova to notch a victory before any of the top 3 in the Sox rotation?

Can Nova make it two wins before one of the top 3 discover a way to record a single victory? If so, that would take place in Fenway this weekend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

[QUOTE]I have noticed "tons" of comments on this board that the mods let ride concerning the girth of a few Yankee pitchers. Funny, how the 3 guys with the skinniest ERA's on the Sox have a collective 150+ waistline.

You're kidding, right? Fans saying that a player is overweight is not a violation of forum rules. Doctors say to your face that you are overweight and it is not a insult but is fact.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]With thanks to mr. mojo: "Here’s something to watch for on Tuesday. In the live ball era (since 1920), the Red Sox have allowed three or more home runs in four straight games only once in a season. That came in June 2000, when the Blue Jays and Yankees combined to hit 14 home runs in four games." ------------------------------------------------------- I'll go on record as saying I'm A.O.K. with having the Indians and Rangers join the Yankees and Blue Jays on that list.

And I'll go on record that it was very enjoyable seeing Hughes and Colon get lit up and I hope Nova gets lit up tonight. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full

MRS? you said that, i didn'tSealed Undecided  you made your own assumptions. you know what they say about people who assumeFoot in mouth 

notice you didnt address any of my questions or comments, just continued with insults.  the ignore is good tho mo, you wont see any of my posts during the game threads.  i have no one on ignore, just read the posts/posters i'm interested in, bypass the others. i only read this one because i saw nhsteven had posted. I'm here as a sox fan on a sox site, You? it's telling when you enjoy another teams failure more than your teams success.

Have a nice night

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

[QUOTE]

3 games are 3 games.  Act like you know this.

Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

From the Red Sox page on this website:

Not yet proving worthy
    After three poor games, fans are starting to wonder about the team's faith in catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

What worries you most?
    Tony Massarotti and Chad Finn discuss the Red Sox' 0-3 start to the season in the latest Globe 10.0.

Strike three
    Clay Buchholz was the latest Red Sox starter to struggle against the Rangers as Texas completed a sweep.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think you can sugarcoat how Colon and Hughes did.

Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I can, and I did.

On the very 1st weekend of ball, with an arm not up to full speed, Hughes went after a great hitter twice, and the great hitter got to him both times.

Colon's 1st time out doesn't look that bad to me. Not happy to see him allow a 2 run homerun before getting an out, but then he righted himself pretty decently:

M Cabrera struck out looking.74
    V Martinez struck out swinging.74
    R Raburn reached on infield single to shortstop.74
    D Kelly struck out looking.74

His final 2 innings:

Bartolo Colon pitching for New YorkDETNYY
    V Martinez grounded out to first.96
    R Raburn struck out looking.96
    D Kelly lined out to center.96
    Bartolo Colon pitching for New YorkDETNYY
    J Peralta reached on infield single to shortstop.97
    B Inge grounded into fielder's choice to third, J Peralta out at second.97
    A Jackson struck out looking.97
    R Santiago lined out to left.97

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benamn. Show Benamn's posts

[QUOTE]Teams can only have one "Ace"...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

really, only one............then why did so many sox fans claim to have six on the sox last year?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Those pumpkin seeds have Arod relaxed and locked in.

Or maybe it just another "Diaz" in the life of a top notch player.

The wind kept #12 from going out.