Congratulations "are" due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011

In Response to Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011:
    [QUOTE]Duely noted. As for being "lit up", feel free to compare: Pitchers IP  H  R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA J Lester 5.1 6 5 5 1 0 3 88-49 8.44                                                             D Bard (L, 0-1) 0.2 4 4 4 1 1 0 32-19 54.00 Pitchers IP  H  R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA J Lackey (L, 0-1) 3.2 10 9 9 2 3 2 86-50 22.09 D Wheeler 0.2 4 2 2 0 1 1 30-20 13.50 Pitchers IP  H  R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA C Buchholz (L, 0-1) 6.1 5 4 4 2 3 4 86-56 5.68 Pitchers IP  H  R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA P Hughes (L, 0-1) 4.0 5 5 5 2 1 2 90-58 11.25 B Colon 4.0 6 4 4 1 5 1 69-45 9.00 Colon did K 5, and the 2 HR's that Hughes allowed were to a guy who can hit with the very best of all time. As bad as Hughes line was, it was matter of 2 pitches in 2 different 2 strike counts against Miguel Cabrera, whom many consider 1 of the top 2 or 3 best hitters in the game, if not the very best, that cost him 4 runs. Seeing as how Vmart wasn't in sync this past weekend, it's hard to understand why the Yankees didn't pitch around Cabrera.
    Posted by matsuigoesMo[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can sugarcoat how Colon and Hughes did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011

MM - Hughes was bloody horrible - end of conversation and his FB was about 5 mph short and considering we have Nova and Garcia as our 4 & 5, maybe us Yankee fans shouldn't be worrying about the Sox rotation miscues at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

MM - all fair points. I NEVER go to a game thread, people swa to easily on one pitch, I enjoy the game with people around me in person, not people overreacting on the net...but yes, it's maddening at times. It's not just the Sox, NE fans in general change with the tide.

As for the 4 player comparison, it's not that I was saying any of them were headed down, just stating that in 5 years, I'd rather have the Boston 4 (nice skirting around Crawford BTW). Ortiz was a hidden gem when he got here, and established himself as a star, but I'm not so ignorant to forget baseball is a business. In years past, I wouldn't consider letting him walk at any point...but now, with the 20mil a year salaries, and 200mil payrolls...sentiment gets checked at the door with my coat. I'll always love Ortiz, but I'm not going to be disappointed to get the 12.5mil back to spend elsewhere. If he could play ANYWHERE in the field, I may feel differently.

I try to be reasonable at all times. A few years back when the Sox were up 9-0 in the season series against the Yanks...I was in the very small minority that kept parroting "it's a long season". My Yankee loving coworker actually THANKED me for not being a d!ck about it. I guess my above response was brought on by all the laughing from outsiders, and doom and glooming from locals. You'll be here later in the season, I'm sure of that, I've noticed you around for a while...your cohorts, on the other hand, many are the very definition of "troll" and when I'm in the right mood, they really make me wish they'd run their mouth like they do in person...so I guess that's a win for them.

No Sox fan needs to be told how embarrassing or historically bad that first series was...kind of like no Yankee fan has to be reminded who the ONLY team to blow a 3-0 series lead in the playoffs is...we all just know. No need to rub someone's nose in it, but you're allowed to have your fun. Thanks for at least having the decency to craft an intelligent response.

Oh, and don't discount Kinsler, he had a bad 2010 because of injuries, he's in Pedroia/Cano's class as a 2B.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Texas WAS in the WS last year, something no northeast team can say.

These three games represent 2% of the season. If you want to go ahead and print your playoff tickets, go for it. I'll wait for the other 98% to unfold. Even ater starting 5-13, and the myriad injuries that they suffered which..."taint easy" to deal with, nor have many teams ever suffered THAT many losses (star 2b, borderline AS 1b, supposed preseason ace, starting LF and CF, C....etc, etc)...even after that start, and those injuries....they got to 89 wins. I'll take another 5-13 start, general good health, and I still like the Sox chances to take the East.

Hey, at least Curtis Granderson is hitting! He was worth giving up Austin Jackson AND MORE! And Jeter's starting off well with his 20mil per, 3 year deal! And "Philthy" Hughes is every bit as good as Lester, no no, keep telling yourselves he's a future ace with his 88 mph fastball.

Point is, worry about your own problems, the Yankees have plenty. Drew and Ortiz come OFF our books this year. How's the future looking with Tex, Cano, Jeter and Arod (who, admittedly is off to a fiery start), especially after CC opts out (at which point I'll AGAIN get to listen to Hank blow hot air about not resigning if he opts out, then paying the biggest contract in the history of baseball for pitchers). I'll take Pedroia, Youk, Gonzalez and Crawford all day, every day, this year, five years from now.

So have your fun now. Many of us are here to take it now. When the tables turn, I won't be surprised when you all take a month long hiatus from the inevitable beating that will come your way. If you can dish it out, be here to take it, otherwise go watch the NBA, who supports that type of behavior.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011:
    [QUOTE]" I will persist, win or lose." No you won't. I guarantee you if the Yankees have a rough season and wind up totally out of playoff contention you will be nowhere to be found. I know your type, you're the Internet bullypunk who tries to dress that up a bit in a few stats but what you live for is deriving self esteem from others misfortunes.  I have never posted in a Yankee forum and that one fact puts me on a level you can never aspire to. Have fun in the muck.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Well said. I also have never posted on a Yankee forum because it's pointless, and you're also right that none of these guys will be anywhere to be found if the Yankees fall apart. All of this is RIDICULOUS when only three games have been played. The Orioles are now 4-0, which is better than the Yankees 3-1. How come we aren't crowing THEM champions now? It's all stupid, talk to us after 162.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Gardner      .167 Jeter         .200 Cano         .231 Granderson .182 It is true that our game thread has much infighting and is embarassing. We will never know if Andrewmitch and Georom are embedded Yankee fans. They sure act that way or are terrible Red Sox fans. In either case that thread is not worth going to.
    Posted by ConcernTroll[/QUOTE]

Then how did they score 29 runs in 3 games? Feeble stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011:
    [QUOTE]Allowing 11 HR's in the very 1st series of 2011 is full worthy of recognition. Tain't easy. Congrats are also due for Carl Crawford. The man put together the first 2 hits for the 7,8,9 positions in the Sox loaded lineup, thus RAISING the avg. ALL THE WAY to a lusty .0666 for the bottom 3rd. Again, tain't easy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you. From the Red Sox page on this website: Not yet proving worthy After three poor games, fans are starting to wonder about the team's faith in catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia. What worries you most? Tony Massarotti and Chad Finn discuss the Red Sox' 0-3 start to the season in the latest Globe 10.0. Strike three Clay Buchholz was the latest Red Sox starter to struggle against the Rangers as Texas completed a sweep.

Lol.  It's funny how you're avoiding the obvious number that mattered for NYY fans last year. 

How'd your pitching do against Texas last year?  Do you want me to post that number for you?  It's not hard to find...look for the huge team ERA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I can, and I did. On the very 1st weekend of ball, with an arm not up to full speed, Hughes went after a great hitter twice, and the great hitter got to him both times. Colon's 1st time out doesn't look that bad to me. Not happy to see him allow a 2 run homerun before getting an out, but then he righted himself pretty decently: M Cabrera struck out looking. 7 4 V Martinez struck out swinging. 7 4 R Raburn reached on infield single to shortstop. 7 4 D Kelly struck out looking. 7 4   His final 2 innings: Bartolo Colon pitching for New York DET NYY V Martinez grounded out to first. 9 6 R Raburn struck out looking. 9 6 D Kelly lined out to center. 9 6 Bartolo Colon pitching for New York DET NYY J Peralta reached on infield single to shortstop. 9 7 B Inge grounded into fielder's choice to third, J Peralta out at second. 9 7 A Jackson struck out looking. 9 7 R Santiago lined out to left. 9 7

I'm not buying it. However, I agree that Colon looked better in ST than expected.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Congratulations "are" due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011

Allowing 11 HR's in the very 1st series of 2011 is full worthy of recognition.

Tain't easy.

Congrats are also due for Carl Crawford. The man put together the first 2 hits for the 7,8,9 positions in the Sox loaded lineup, thus RAISING the avg. ALL THE WAY to a lusty .0666 for the bottom 3rd.

Again, tain't easy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Nova impressed. Love the action on his pitches, and his motion is easy. The kid can win 14-16 games, if not more.

If not for that sickly little 2 out nubber to 3rd he might have shut em' out.

Joba did his job.

JoSoMo in play!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Teams can only have one "Ace"...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileyBabe. Show SmileyBabe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011 : And I'll go on record that it was very enjoyable seeing Hughes and Colon get lit up and I hope Nova gets lit up tonight. 

Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Well, since you are a sawx fan, that and agon and papi's hitting were about the only bright spots you had this weekend!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

photo

Mountain Dew Supernova

The kid became big quick!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full

mo, until friday night, i didnt even know you were on the forum. for some reason, you felt the need to point out to me you were on the game thread. i always post the score/updates on the NYY games for those who dont get yes in their area.  it was an update, not the final pitching line. when i flipped over it was 7 runs, didnt realize colon allowed 2 runs so quickly;) my mistake. what does the fact the sox were losing have to do with the yankee game/score/pitching? i dont seem to pay half as much attention to the yankees as you do the red sox.  you're taking issue with updates of a NYY game on a sox game thread/site, but you spend time on a sox forum?  seems you can come here and talk Sh*t about the sox, but no one can say anything about the yankees, not even a score/update on the game, is that it?

mo, i'm on record as stating more than once, i welcome the yankee fans here and feel the board is better for it, as long as they're civil, respectful and follow the posting policy,  red sox fans included. i'm not sure what your problem with me is. but it's yours, not mine. i'm here to talk about and support my team. not to take issue with you or anyone else. give it a rest M there are much more important things in life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benamn. Show Benamn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011 : The postseason pitching star for the 2010 Rangers was Colby Lewis, who won three postseason games, including two against the Yankees, whom the righthander held to three runs over 13.1 innings. Cliff Lee was 3-2 in the 2010 postseason, including eight shutout innings in his only start against the Yankees.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

who was last years pitching star in the post season for the sox?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileyBabe. Show SmileyBabe's posts

Gonna get tougher and tougher to win the 112++ games that some like our ultimate fanboy spc predicted.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

[QUOTE]

In the ALCS, the Yankees had a 6.58 ERA against the Yankees.

Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

That means they literally beat themselves.

Darn, they shouldn't be playing the game like that.

That was so 2010.

How did the Sox staff fare in the 2010 postseason?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I will persist, win or lose."

No you won't. I guarantee you if the Yankees have a rough season and wind up totally out of playoff contention you will be nowhere to be found. I know your type, you're the Internet bullypunk who tries to dress that up a bit in a few stats but what you live for is deriving self esteem from others misfortunes. 

I have never posted in a Yankee forum and that one fact puts me on a level you can never aspire to. Have fun in the muck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full "ACES" staff. 11/2011:
    [QUOTE]Allowing 11 HR's in the very 1st series of 2011 is full worthy of recognition. Tain't easy. Congrats are also due for Carl Crawford. The man put together the first 2 hits for the 7,8,9 positions in the Sox loaded lineup, thus RAISING the avg. ALL THE WAY to a lusty .0666 for the bottom 3rd. Again, tain't easy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I also reacall the the team from NY with the highest payroll in baseball by  far, going to the world series last year. The issue yankee fans had they were sitting next to them in the stands. Next time to come trying to pick on sox fans on a Boston forum come with some real ammunition. Otherwise you look real_________ You can fill in the blank.

I may not like some of the posters here, but we are all sox fans, and for you to come in here and insult us when the season is only 3 games old shows your immaturity.

[QUOTE]I recall a guy named Cliff Lee taking the mound back then. Didn't notice him in Texas this weekend. I also recall the Yankees actually winning the 2 games that C.J. Wilson started.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

The thread title should read "Congratulations ARE due". Earlier today you stated that you work at Globe BDC. You should know better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

I don't get how Yankees can say something about 0-3? As they know its not to hard to overcome two examples 2004 and 1998. if im not mistaken in 2004 we were losing 0-3 to the yankees and ended up winning the world series right?
    1998 yankees were 0-3 then 1-4 and ended up 114-48. So stop talking about how bad we are cause we are 0-3 and remember some history :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

[QUOTE]

Texas is a pretty good team now.  You guys already proved that.

Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I recall a guy named Cliff Lee taking the mound back then.

Didn't notice him in Texas this weekend.

I also recall the Yankees actually winning the 2 games that C.J. Wilson started.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from matsuigoesMo. Show matsuigoesMo's posts

Re: Congratulations is due to the overwhelming favorites and their full

Minnesota Twins Get Absorbed by New York Yankees Super-Nova

By (Contributor) on April 5, 2011 - Minnesota

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 20:  Ivan Nova #47 of the New York Yankees warms up before playing against the Tampa Bay Rays on September 20, 2010 at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx borough of New York City.  (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

Baseball can be fun!!!